Reflection, April 9-16, 2022, Caribbean Cancelled

ken_ll

Received voice mail on DW’s phone to call Celebrity, the April 9/22 Reflection sailing from Fort Lauderdale is “suspended”.  Prior to this today an upselling email from Celebrity was sent pertaining to this “suspended” sailing.  We are on the April 2 sailing also if cruises are sailing by then.

What is interesting is that we have two cabins, this all referenced the one cabin for DW and DD and the reservation has disappeared from the Celebrity website.  The second cabin under my name and second person still shows as a valid reservation.  Both of these cabins were a bargain with $425 OBC.

Next cruise showing for Reflection is a TA on April 18/22 from Fort Lauderdale to Rome.

Sounds like Celebrity just wanted to refund only.  I’ll call Celebrity this pm, after I have taken the dog to the vet, priorities.

Spoke to Celebrity, apparently the suspended April 9/22 sailing has gone from a 7 to 9 day cruise but without itinerary to date.  An email was sent but not received outlying options to change to Feb 26, March 26 or April 2 from the April 9 cruise.

What is interesting, the booking for DW and DD was cancelled and refunded but mine was not, both for April 9/22.  Celebrity would not go for putting us on the 9 day or Edge/Apex departing April 9/10, 2022.  We went with Feb 26 as the only option for us.

It's odd there would have been a 2 day gap in the schedule anyway. 

April 2-9 Eastern Caribbean 

April 9-16 Western Caribbean 

April 16-18 ????

April 18 Transatlantic 

Between COVID driven changes and The Revolution project which has been kind of a bust at this point, I imagine any and all options are on the table. 

• 1 month later...

So I know this post was a bit ago BUT I can add to the confusion. 

I was booked on the April 9, 2022 cruise as well and never got notified of the changes. last week I looked on the app and it changed the 7nt Mexico grand cayman cruise to Apr. 9-18  9 night eastern carib cruise. I called and they sent me a new booking confirmation with all the ports listed. The rep last week was unable to find the sailing in his system or on the website so they were going to get back to me this week to let me know if it had been suspended.

I just spoke to a rep and she stated the cruise now shows up in her system with the ability to book but it still doesn’t appear on the website. Not holding my breath but I will cross my fingers that this cruise is a go.