Carnival Next ? Norwegian suspends thru May 31

VentureMan_2000

4 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Norwegian Cruise Line is extending its suspensions through May 31.

What a surprise.   Well, if Carnival's going to do the same, I wish they would please just rip that band-aid off quickly. The waiting is kind of torture.  

No longer holding out hope for my May cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Norwegian Cruise Line is extending its suspensions through May 31.

They are just going to keep kicking the can down the road raking in as many final payments as they can until herd immunity sets in.  Thank goodness for them they have so many people willing to part with their money for free and give them interest free loans.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

I think the hint was when they sent us letters that we had options if booked on cruises through July 3st

Or when they still haven't been able to schedule a test cruise. So basically the CDC has to change guidelines, or cruises won't be able to start until May 20th at the earliest.

5 hours ago, skridge said:

Thank goodness for them they have so many people willing to part with their money for free and give them interest free loans.  

Wish someone would explain to my Credit Card company about the interest free part!😏🤣🤣

5 hours ago, skridge said:

They are just going to keep kicking the can down the road raking in as many final payments as they can until herd immunity sets in.  Thank goodness for them they have so many people willing to part with their money for free and give them interest free loans.  

Not interest free if you are getting OBC for not cancelling but I get what you are saying.  

On 2/17/2021 at 2:47 PM, cmukid87 said:

Not interest free if you are getting OBC for not cancelling but I get what you are saying.  

It's interest free if they file bankruptcy, because you aren't getting that credit if that happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skridge said:

It's interest free if they file bankruptcy, because you aren't getting that credit if that happens.

It is also interest free if the OBC given never gets used due say to not wanting to cruise due to whatever restrictions are imposed or just running out of time.

Disney has also quietly pulled their May sailings, but haven't formally announced cancellations yet. I'm holding out *some* hope for our October cruise on Breeze, but not a whole lot. I don't see cruises starting back up for the general public until maybe near then, definitely not before probably late summer. There's just too much that still has to happen before then.

Don't Worry Be Happy!  The Things we can't control as we try to just add more silver to hair follicles. When it's time to cruise we will. I just pray when we do get back the initial rush to get on the ships will not resemble the madness associated with the Popeye's Chicken sandwich craze. Hopefully we are more civilized and patient.  

My May 2020 cruise on the Magic was rescheduled for June 2021 on the Sunrise. That one was changed by Carnival to the Horizon for May 2021.  This week,  I gave up on my May 2021 sailing and re-booked yet again for April 2023 on the Freedom.  I pray that all this will be over by then....I just want to cruise!!!!

5 hours ago, mslhb said:

I remember almost a year ago being somewhat hopeful that my end of May 2020 cruise would sail. Would never have guessed we would be in this position a year later.

Me too.. then when I rescheduled to June I thought "this will be fine!"

Now I'm just waiting for my May '21 cruise to be cancelled. 

22 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

FWIW I called and asked them to push my final payment due date (which was March 2) to March 31

May 17 cruise.. 

Did they give you any problems moving final payment?  They refused to move my November 202 cruise final payment, then they canceled it 2 weeks after it was paid. Which is what I'm expecting for my May cruise.

58 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

Did they give you any problems moving final payment?  They refused to move my November 202 cruise final payment, then they canceled it 2 weeks after it was paid. Which is what I'm expecting for my May cruise.

Not a bit, but I didn't offer any details.. I said "hey can you bump this" and she asked when I thought I could pay it off, so I told her the end of March and that was the end of the discussion.. She put me on hold, came back and it was done..