New Ship Name Revealed tomorrow 18/2/21

cruisefan2012

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

And, iirc, the last recording made by the legendary Clarence Clemons. Every time I hear his solo on "Edge of Glory" I get a sad feeling down inside. A true legend.

I absolutely agree with the legendary status of Clarence. A magnificent saxophonist with a great singing voice that you didn’t often have the opportunity to hear and he played a pretty mean tambourine too. Sadly, there will probably be many on here who don’t have a clue who we are talking about. 

23 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sadly, there will probably be many on here who don’t have a clue who we are talking about. 

Just asked my hubbie, 'Have you heard of Clarence Clemons?" and he answered yes, he was in Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. He never ceases to amaze me!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

There is an old saying that says - the way you call the ship, the way it will sail. So, I suppose the name of the future ship should reflect its being secured, safe and comfortable to travel with. 

Yep, definitely worked for 'Titanic' 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, john watson said:

P&O's new ship name will be a big problem to the  dyslexic cruisers people.  My friend has done a lot of good work for the dyslexic community in fact she was given an OBE.  She wasn't as pleased as I thought she should be and said she probably would never be able to learn to play it.

Regards John

LOL,you had me going for the first 2 sentences.Seriously though, think of poor old Jonathon Woss.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

There is an old saying that says - the way you call the ship, the way it will sail. So, I suppose the name of the future ship should reflect its being secured, safe and comfortable to travel with. 

I did suggest "Roger" but they all laughed.I tried.

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

I absolutely agree with the legendary status of Clarence. A magnificent saxophonist with a great singing voice that you didn’t often have the opportunity to hear and he played a pretty mean tambourine too. Sadly, there will probably be many on here who don’t have a clue who we are talking about. 

Yip, me for one

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Yip, me for one

You must know Bruce Springsteen? Therefore you must have heard his E Street band, thus you will have heard Clarence! 

Just Google him and listen, and see what you have missed. 

My one regret in life is that I never tried to learn how to play the saxophone.  The sexiest instrument in the world!

Edited by wowzz

21 hours ago, pete14 said:

I never knew he played the saxophone as I recall he was the king and famous for being cross-eyed.

Regards John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Being a Stones fan,I was more of a Bobby Keys enthusiast.

Thinking of the Stones, I was quite proud of myself for recognising the closing titles music of the Serpents last episode as one of their tracks.  I had never heard it before, but Mick Jagger's vocals were quite distinctive.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Never heard of Clarence, but of course know Bruce Springsteen.

Clarence’s music still lives on in the form of his nephew Jake who took his place in the E Street band. He plays saxophone well, is very respectful to his late uncle and has a different persona on stage.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Thinking of the Stones, I was quite proud of myself for recognising the closing titles music of the Serpents last episode as one of their tracks.  I had never heard it before, but Mick Jagger's vocals were quite distinctive.

Timeless,and I bet he had his jab before most of us,pushing 80,lol.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:18 PM, wowzz said:

You must know Bruce Springsteen? Therefore you must have heard his E Street band, thus you will have heard Clarence! 

Just Google him and listen, and see what you have missed. 

My one regret in life is that I never tried to learn how to play the saxophone.  The sexiest instrument in the world!

I agree about the saxophone, it's a fantastic instrument that can almost speak to you. We saw a female saxophonist on Aurora 2019, Simply Sax? she was billed as. Absolutely wonderful, I could have listened to her every night on that cruise.

Avril

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree about the saxophone, it's a fantastic instrument that can almost speak to you. We saw a female saxophonist on Aurora 2019, Simply Sax? she was billed as. Absolutely wonderful, I could have listened to her every night on that cruise.

Avril

We’ve seen her too, and I agree, she was great

• Like 1