Newbie here-Dress Code Questions

cruisekitty22

Sweatshirts ( jumpers? )  are now hoodies.

Sweat pants or sweatsuits...now joggers

.Found  some nice tie dye sets  online for ladies  that might be  nice to wear to breakfast or an a.m. jog... just not to dinner other than buffet.

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Glad I had my commas in place...whew!

Tough crowd!

I loved the book: “Panda’s eats shoots and leaves’ about commas, semi-colons and colons....a book on punctuation. really enjoyable.

by the way, are the children smoking which certainly isn’t allowed, or are they being smoked which since it isn’t listed as not allowed could be the case. 

Den

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Honestly, the OP never said it was the sweatsuit issue that has them not wanting to sail =X=, even though that very may well be the reason.

It may have been the snarky comments, also.

It is like with us, over 30 =X= cruises and 20 years ago, when we really did consider cancelling our first sailing on Celebrity after reading some of the nasty comments on this very site.  Things like "a navy sport coat and tan slacks absolutely do NOT fit the ambiance of Celebrity dining.  For us, it is either a DJ (tux)  either in white or black."  Or "pool games?  POOL games?  I think you need to go back to your party line, Carnival"  Or the classic, "I think you need to find another cruise line.  Celebrity is not for you, obviously."

Fortunately, we ignored the comments when another poster said, and I quote, "Some Celebrity cruisers are not better than anyone else.  They just think they are.""

Completely agree. The nasty comments I've seen on Celebrity make the clientele seem unappealing. Though we have enjoyed the celebrity cruises we have taken. 

As in "no you can't wear sweats per dress code" vs "you can have dinner at subway" or "I was so offended by the person who sat near me in the MDR in jeans my dinner was ruined and I walked out". 

On 2/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, cruisekitty22 said:

Thanks for the information. Celebrity is not for us according to what I have read about Celebrity.

The OP thanked all waaaay back on the 2nd page. Time to end this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1