Celebrity Eclipse now at Singapore docks. Refurbishment?

VickyMcG

Hi, all, So I've noted the Eclipse is now docked (past few days) at the TUAS Shipyard in/near Singapore.  She was set to be refurbished in March.  Does anyone know if this refurb is going to happen in March?  I can't find a peep about it.

I suspect it will be required maintenance only and the new blue paint scheme like Solstice before.

Infinity is going through the  same in Spain.   Note that nothing on the upper decks is being included.

The cruise ship Celebrity Infinity arrived in Cadiz, Spain to undergo an extensive drydock at Navantia shipyard. During the 16-day drydock Celebrity Infinity will receive new valves, hull improvement, renewal of propellers and stabilizers, and new painting. The work will not include upper decks where the staterooms and public areas are located. According to the president of the Navantia shipyard in Cádiz this work will employ additional 360 people for completion of the drydock refurbishment.

https://crew-center.com/celebrity-infinity-arrives-cadiz-drydock

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I suspect it will be required maintenance only and the new blue paint scheme like Solstice before.

Infinity is going through the  same in Spain.   Note that nothing on the upper decks is being included.

The cruise ship Celebrity Infinity arrived in Cadiz, Spain to undergo an extensive drydock at Navantia shipyard. During the 16-day drydock Celebrity Infinity will receive new valves, hull improvement, renewal of propellers and stabilizers, and new painting. The work will not include upper decks where the staterooms and public areas are located. According to the president of the Navantia shipyard in Cádiz this work will employ additional 360 people for completion of the drydock refurbishment.

https://crew-center.com/celebrity-infinity-arrives-cadiz-drydock

Eclipse was supposed to have a lot of changes, such as taking out Michael's club and putting in a lounge and pool for Suite guests. Also adding more staterooms and changing a lot of the decor/bars and I can't recall what else. 

Eclipse is really due for a makeover.

Revolution is not going to happen on any ship in the next year or two at least.   $$$$.    Michaels Club is just being renovated and rebranded Retreat Lounge.  The plans was for the Retreat Sundeck to be added on the forward upper decks with a hot tub not a pool.   Only Edge class ships have and actual pool on the Retreat sun deck.

Originally they were going to add the Signature and Reflection suites on the rest of the S class but I believe they scrapped that idea as they didn't do it on the 2 "S" class already gone through the refits.

Suites were supposed to get some redesign but I don't know how much of that happened.

There were some additional inside staterooms added in some mid ship locations.  Other than that it was pretty much soft goods on "S" class.

5 minutes ago, VickyMcG said:

Eclipse was supposed to have a lot of changes, such as taking out Michael's club and putting in a lounge and pool for Suite guests. Also adding more staterooms and changing a lot of the decor/bars and I can't recall what else. 

Eclipse is really due for a makeover.

That is not being done during this time in Singapore.  It is maintenance and tge new paint job.  

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Revolution is not going to happen on any ship in the next year or two at least.   $$$$.    Michaels Club is just being renovated and rebranded Retreat Lounge.  The plans was for the Retreat Sundeck to be added on the forward upper decks with a hot tub not a pool.   Only Edge class ships have and actual pool on the Retreat sun deck.

Originally they were going to add the Signature and Reflection suites on the rest of the S class but I believe they scrapped that idea as they didn't do it on the 2 "S" class already gone through the refits.

Suites were supposed to get some redesign but I don't know how much of that happened.

There were some additional inside staterooms added in some mid ship locations.  Other than that it was pretty much soft goods on "S" class.

Interesting, thank you.

The Revolution plans really went down the drain. Now they have some strange differences among ships that were mostly identical at one point. 

Equinox and Silhouette were mostly Revolutionized. Eclipse was delayed in 2019, now apparently just got paint. Solstice got the blue paint job hurt before Eclipse. Reflection has a gap in the schedule in spring 2022 for a brief refresh.

I guess they will have a Revolution V2 at some point. 

Our next sailing on =X= will be on Solstice (if it goes) in January.  More than happy that it will not be revolutionized.

I will have a table to put my drink or snacks down in the cabin.  And a proper table on the balcony for delivered breakfast, should I wish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VickyMcG said:

Haha, so, I bet it's better than Old Luxury. 😁

Seems a lot of folks really miss the tufted, velvet wing back chairs, heavy paisley drapes and the tasseled drape pull backs.  Been there, done that, modern luxury for me now.  

I love how people state unequivocally that no revolutionizing will take place this year or next.  You might be right.  And then again you might not.  There certainly is some logic to the thought, I don't deny that, but Celebrity has not to my knowledge formally addressed the topic.   Show me the statement in writing from the CEO (or video) and then I will consider it fact.  Until then it is conjecture.  If I am wrong about this, please give me the proof as I must have missed it.   (BTW that was a sincere comment, not meant to be snarky)

( and please don't use the argument that because sailings are being sold for the entire time that it is a given that refurbishment won't take place.  Celebrity has had no issue changing things around and cancelling pre-booked sailings)

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 3:02 PM, LGW59 said:

Celebrities website does refer to a few ships being revolutionized in 2022.  Can that change sure, will it, who knows.

Yes, and Eclipse is one of those listed ("coming soon"), but yep, who knows when that will be...That's why I asked if anyone had any "insider" info. Last thing I read said Spring 2021. hmmmm

Edited by VickyMcG

• 1 month later...