Website - Plan My Cruise and Cruise Details unavailable

Paphillyguy

I've seen this message and it seems to be the result of starting a booking, then abandoning it, then going back to the website. You could try flushing cookies, or try with incognito/private browser.

I'm trying to make a booking now and finding that if I specify my Voyagers Club number, it fills in all the info for the first passenger except gender. All fields are locked against editing, including the gender, but since that is empty, you can't proceed. 

I just booked an October 2022 cruise and figured something out about this.

When you click a request to log in, you are given two options.  One is to log in using your username if you already have an account, and the other is to log in using your name and your cofirmation number.  If you choose the username option on the right hand side of the screen you will get two pop ups.  The first will say:

Warning

Plan my Cruise and Cruise Details sections are not available for now. You can still access your account settings and MSC Voyagers Club. Thank you!

When you dismass the flag, a second will appear that says:

There is an error in your Booking ID added

Please insert it again

Add another Booking ID

I think to access all the information that is currently available to your account, you should not select the option to log in using your username and password (the option on the right).  Instead, fill in your booking number and first and last name.  It will take you to an entirely different page.

If it is too soon to access beverage packages and excursions, those choices will not yet appear.  However you should still be able to see options for wifi packages, spa and laundry packages which you can add to your account.  It will require that you pay for them immediately.

10 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I am also seeing this message for my November cruise aboard Mera. I received an email saying that they were changing my cruise though, so I am assuming it is because of that. 

I received same email. Assuming it is about changing our Nov 13 cruise to nov 20 and changing ship to seashore. They did this 2 months ago with no notice. I Got it changed back to meraviglia , for Nov 13 but had to pay $2,000 more. Ugh, MSC you are a mess.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 11:45 PM, phissy said:

I received same email. Assuming it is about changing our Nov 13 cruise to nov 20 and changing ship to seashore. They did this 2 months ago with no notice. I Got it changed back to meraviglia , for Nov 13 but had to pay $2,000 more. Ugh, MSC you are a mess.

Did they change us to that sailing?? Im still getting the error message when I try and access the cruise on their website, and the email I got did not state what the changes were. Hmmmmm....

8 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Did they change us to that sailing?? Im still getting the error message when I try and access the cruise on their website, and the email I got did not state what the changes were. Hmmmmm....

Our email did not state what the change was either. Used booking number to figure out which one they were referring to.

Ours was a 15 day cruise, beginning Nov 13. They changed us to 14 day , now sailing Nov 20 and different ship.

The Nov 13 - 7 Nt. Meraviglia cruise is still on schedule . Showing Miami for disembarkation.

It is the Nov 20th - Meraviglia cruise that has changed. It is now a repositioning cruise. Miami ending in Port Canaveral.

- they may be warning of changing port for disembarkation or...more likely....

they moved everyone  to Seashore , which is Miami and Miami.

Edited by phissy

On 2/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, MotownVoice said:

I think to access all the information that is currently available to your account, you should not select the option to log in using your username and password (the option on the right).  Instead, fill in your booking number and first and last name.  It will take you to an entirely different page.

I have tried it both ways and I get the same messaging every time. I've never seen a cruise line website so screwed up.

Just an aside.  If you are getting emails and the text is not providing the information that you need, then it's time to dial the phone number and wait the 10 minutes it will take for someone to come to the phone.  At least you will end the call with the information you're looking for.

• Haha 1