Pros and Cons Staying in South Beach Pre-Cruise out of Miami?

Sun and Fun

For a very short stay before or after cruise I recommend downtown, within walking distance of Bayfront Park.

For a day or two, South Beach is great.  Many hotel options, and simply great fun for daytime and evenings.  I stayed at the Hotel Breakwater. Small waist-deep pool but great place to relax with music from club below.  Very nice rooms.

18 hours ago, Sun and Fun said:

We will be arriving for two nights before leaving out of Port of Miami. We are overwhelmed with options! 

we are considering South Beach - thoughts?

Thanks!!

Pros. Shopping, restaurants, beach, sightseeing, the Art Deco area.

con.   Depending on where you stay could be a bit noisy at night.

other good areas close to port are Downtown with Bayside close for restaurants and some shopping and Mary Brickell just south of downtown with a bit more shopping and restaurants. 

South Beach has gone downhill so badly this past year, I would not stay there  if you  paid  me.

Not only are off duty Miami and Miami Beach helping to volunteer  to police  but the   mayor  of Miami Beach said  he would not  let   his family go there.

If you want   beach,  Mid Beach,  South  of  Fifth, or Key  Biscayne   but  just great pools and  a view,  Brickell  or Coconut Grove.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

South Beach has gone downhill so badly this past year, I would not stay there  if you  paid  me.

Not only are off duty Miami and Miami Beach helping to volunteer  to police  but the   mayor  of Miami Beach said  he would not  let   his family go there.

If you want   beach,  Mid Beach,  South  of  Fifth, or Key  Biscayne   but  just great pools and  a view,  Brickell  or Coconut Grove.

Couldn’t agree more!

I think people will be quite surprised at the change.  It’s one of the reasons there is still a 12 AM curfew.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 8:44 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Couldn’t agree more!

I think people will be quite surprised at the change.  It’s one of the reasons there is still a 12 AM curfew.

I  had completely forgotten they  were under curfew right now.

We  went down to Smith & Wollensky and the servers  were upset about the state  of South Beach.  Fortunately they are South of Fifth but still.

South Beach is still better than the airport hotels.  We stayed at an inexpensive hotel on Collins and Eighth which had free transportation from the airport.  It was 2017 but Uber then was $7 to the port.