Costa Luminosa World Cruise 2015 - found camera in Sydney - do you know this couple?

timtam2

I feel terrible about this and the time elapsed. It's a long shot but I hope I can still reunite this camera & the photos of a wonderful cruise.

Costa Luminosa was in Sydney on 6 November 2015 as part of a World Cruise. I found a small camera at Circular Quay (right near where the ships dock) that afternoon. I recall I had a quick look through the photos and was able to identify some info that would assist in having the camera returned to its owner. I took the camera to the terminal and spoke to security and they refused to take the camera (along with a note I had written with some details) onboard the ship as it was a security risk. Unfortunately, there was no ship staff around that I could discuss it with. I was going on a cruise myself the next day so I had to wait until I returned home to follow up, I called Carnival - not interested. I messaged Costa via FB - also said nothing they could do. So, I put the camera in a drawer and promptly forgot about it until I found it this week during a declutter session.

I can see from the photos that the couple embarked in Genoa on 14 September 2015 and that they are most likely German (a photo shows their laptop screen and files in German). Does anybody recognise them?

P1150111 (2).JPG

P1170398 (2).JPG

• 2 months later...

I do not know them but try and find the roll call from the cruise on here if you can and ring Costa again and. Surely they would be willing to help. They can use the good press to be fair. 

Maybe even get the local TV involved or press involved? The story would probably get picked up. Try the German Embassy in Sydney as well. Perhaps the embassy officials could run facial recognition on the man and get a hit.

It is a good human interest story and a change from everything that is going on in the world.

Edited by ace2542