Cabin Tables on M class-gone

CTLeeA

Seriously...we need to have breakfast in shifts at the desk because someone at Celebrity thought it was a good idea to remove what little space there was for trays and meals?  What will you remove next ?  Replace the beds with twin size?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CTLeeA said:

Seriously...we need to have breakfast in shifts at the desk because someone at Celebrity thought it was a good idea to remove what little space there was for trays and meals?  What will you remove next ?  Replace the beds with twin size?

Thanks for the morning laugh. 🤣👎 Glad we prefer the other dining venues/options throughout the ship. 

2 hours ago, CTLeeA said:

Would you please let us know where this formation came from?

3 hours ago, CTLeeA said:

Actually they are setting up a sleeping bag strapped to the cabin wall.  Similar to the Space Shuttle.  This will five you lots of floor space to exercise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Actually they are setting up a sleeping bag strapped to the cabin wall.  Similar to the Space Shuttle.  This will five you lots of floor space to exercise.

But then, we'd be able to eat much more without gaining a ton of weight and that would cost them big bucks!

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

But then, we'd be able to eat much more without gaining a ton of weight and that would cost them big bucks!

If  we do squats against the wall we can use our laps to hold the breakfast tray.  Great for the legs and core and saves time 😉

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Deck chairs will also be very limited. Four per deck. Better get on Amazon and order your towel clips now. Is this Modern Luxury??????

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 4.51.30 PM.png

Please try to keep up, Modern Luxury is done.  Celebrity is now marketing itself as "New Luxury" 

This is a great example of "New Luxury"

Edited by ipeeinthepool

We have been aboard Summit twice since the Revolution.  The tables on the M class ships were removed when the updates were done March 2019.    Kelly Hoppen thought it was a great idea.  Also removed were the dining height tables on the balcony.  Breakfast on the balcony is no longer a pleasurable experience, unless you don't mind balancing your plate on your lap.  

12 minutes ago, Zigster said:

We have been aboard Summit twice since the Revolution.  The tables on the M class ships were removed when the updates were done March 2019.    Kelly Hoppen thought it was a great idea.  Also removed were the dining height tables on the balcony.  Breakfast on the balcony is no longer a pleasurable experience, unless you don't mind balancing your plate on your lap.  

Kelly may have thought it a great idea, but it still had to be approved by her client

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that room service costs a lot of money and they were trying to cut down on the utilization of room service.

I bet some bean counter crunched the number between loss of business due to no table vs increased revenu on less room service and less weight and the scales fell on the side of no table.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have always eaten my breakfast in bed.  

I recently got out of the hospital.   Never seen the fascination of eating breakfast in bed and after eating all my meals in bed I never want to do that again.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CTLeeA said:

Readily available on other posts but check the 'new cabins' on Celebrity website..

Ya, it's been reported from day 1 of/after the refurb.  Of course, it has to be one of the easiest things to correct if they decide to, that's the good news.