Strangest things done on board

W283386

43 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

By all means, PLEASE do so!!!  Inquiring minds want to know.

Very well then, on one Cruise in the spa everyone was wearing a swimming costume or bikini, but there was just one naked man walking around in a fully aroused state.

You should have seen the look on some of the ladies faces!

This was not on a Celebrity Cruise

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, drsel said:

Very well then, on one Cruise in the spa everyone was wearing a swimming costume or bikini, but there was just one naked man walking around in a fully aroused state.

You should have seen the look on some of the ladies faces!

This was not on a Celebrity Cruise

I feel compelled to ask, was he elderly?

3 hours ago, TMaine said:

On our first X cruise on Summit years ago we were placed at an 8 person table with three other couples that were all strangers.  After awhile at that first dinner, we noticed that one gentleman was eating the pats of butter right out of the bowl with a fork.  He ate all the butter at the table and asked for more.  He was trying to be sneaky about it but I am sure everyone at the table caught on.

On my last cruise one of my tablemates kept taking bites out of his bread and dipping it in the flavored butter that is set on the table.  I would not touch it and asked the waiter to bring me a dish for myself. I was seated at a table of ten, all strangers and find that rude although I don't think  he knew any better. Just not something I would do. 

On 2/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, TeeRick said:

On board a Celebrity ship I went to the library and picked up a book.  When I opened the cover a note was there with a $1 bill.  The note said to read and enjoy the book and then replace it on the shelf with $1 plus another $1 for the next reader.  And so on.  So the gift that keeps on giving.  Anybody heard of this or run across it?

I have hidden a little less than 1/2 of a twenty  in one book with a note that the other part was in another book.    The other part of the bill was more than 1/2 so I could redeem it.  

Many people will look thru the Bible in the hotels because of a rumor that people place $10 to $20 bills in them to reward anyone reading the Bible.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

On my last cruise one of my tablemates kept taking bites out of his bread and dipping it in the flavored butter that is set on the table.  I would not touch it and asked the waiter to bring me a dish for myself. I was seated at a table of ten, all strangers and find that rude although I don't think  he knew any better. Just not something I would do. 

Double dippers...apparently he never watched Seinfeld

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, miched said:

I have hidden a little less than 1/2 of a twenty  in one book with a note that the other part was in another book.    The other part of the bill was more than 1/2 so I could redeem it.  

Many people will look thru the Bible in the hotels because of a rumor that people place $10 to $20 bills in them to reward anyone reading the Bible.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Years ago, I took a small part of a $50 bill, keeping all serial numbers intact of course, and did this in a hotel in CA.  Just the $50 was visible, wish I could have been there when it was discovered.

Apologies to anyone who actually does this, but every cruise we go on, we see people who walk around the pool and solarium, and eat in the healthy lunch cafe in their bathrobes and slippers.  They must see the rest of us in bathing suit coverups/tshirts, etc., pool shoes/slides, etc. but still insist on wearing these items meant for stateroom use?  I wouldn't wear my bathrobe or slippers to a coffee shop or pool in Canada, so why on a ship? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zook50 said:

Apologies to anyone who actually does this, but every cruise we go on, we see people who walk around the pool and solarium, and eat in the healthy lunch cafe in their bathrobes and slippers.  They must see the rest of us in bathing suit coverups/tshirts, etc., pool shoes/slides, etc. but still insist on wearing these items meant for stateroom use?  I wouldn't wear my bathrobe or slippers to a coffee shop or pool in Canada, so why on a ship? 

Nor would I but I know on the S class ships the Spa is directly above the Aqua spa Cafe so possibly they dropped in on their way back. Too lazy to get dressed is my guess.

The other "strange" cruise experience we had was being on a cruise on the day Trump was elected.  The entire cruise was "election immersion".  It was all you heard about throughout the ship and on tv, internet, etc.   Our dinner mates were two American couples, one pro-Trump, one anti-Trump.  We ended up being the "referees" every night.  It got so bad that they refused to eat together anymore.  The morning after the election, there were people partying and others crying and vowing to move to Canada.  It was an experience!!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Nor would I but I know on the S class ships the Spa is directly above the Aqua spa Cafe so possibly they dropped in on their way back. Too lazy to get dressed is my guess.

You're probably right.  I guess it's their holiday, so they're allowed to be a little lazy😉

10 minutes ago, zook50 said:

The other "strange" cruise experience we had was being on a cruise on the day Trump was elected.  The entire cruise was "election immersion".  It was all you heard about throughout the ship and on tv, internet, etc.   Our dinner mates were two American couples, one pro-Trump, one anti-Trump.  We ended up being the "referees" every night.  It got so bad that they refused to eat together anymore.  The morning after the election, there were people partying and others crying and vowing to move to Canada.  It was an experience!!!

One one of my cruises it was decided on the first night in the MDR that discussing politics and religion was taboo.   In all the cruises I've taken never had a bad table or dinner mates, except for the man who showed off a new watch each night from every port of call.  After several days DH and I sat at the other end of the table. 

14 hours ago, zook50 said:

This has probably happened more routinely than you think!😀

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Years ago, I took a small part of a $50 bill, keeping all serial numbers intact of course, and did this in a hotel in CA.  Just the $50 was visible, wish I could have been there when it was discovered.

LGW59- Are you one of those people that ties a transparent string to a $20 bill and hides around the corner and then pulls on it when somebody tries to pick it up?😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, zook50 said:

They may not brought a coverup with them.