Strangest things done on board

W283386

On Bermuda cruises, people bring beach chairs and umbrellas.  They fold up for carrying to the beach.  In NYC, it is common to bring beach gear. Since many people drive to the embarkation port, they bring cases of bottled water, diapers, etc.  just paste a luggage tag on them and they are delivered to your cabin.   

On board a Celebrity ship I went to the library and picked up a book.  When I opened the cover a note was there with a $1 bill.  The note said to read and enjoy the book and then replace it on the shelf with $1 plus another $1 for the next reader.  And so on.  So the gift that keeps on giving.  Anybody heard of this or run across it?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

A man dressed as Elvis for the entire week. He was “in character” the whole time and wore authentic looking costumes. They were very bedazzled it appeared to be very heavy.  He was sweating profusely every time I saw him and oftentimes his black hair dye looked runny. On the first day I thought he worked for the cruise line but quickly realized he was a passenger. Sadly, he was at karaoke nightly and couldn’t carry a tune!  To make matters worse he insisted on “helping “ other passengers sing their songs. Yikes!

I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise and there was a whole group of Elvis impersonators. Probably not the strangest thing I've seen on board. Not sure what is though. 

Edited by ORV

I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise (Harmony OTS) waiting for the elevator.  It arrived, the door opened, and inside was a musician in a full clown suit playing a piano.  It took up most of the elevator but we squeezed in anyway and enjoyed the ride!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

On board a Celebrity ship I went to the library and picked up a book.  When I opened the cover a note was there with a $1 bill.  The note said to read and enjoy the book and then replace it on the shelf with $1 plus another $1 for the next reader.  And so on.  So the gift that keeps on giving.  Anybody heard of this or run across it?

No - on another line, back when they had coffee cards - I did find one of those...

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

People have reported finding money in the Bible in their cabin. I can just see people going to the library on every ship to find the book. I wonder how many people would add a dollar and how many would take all or part of the money. Sounds like an experiment in a psychology course.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Do you remember the title of the book?🤑

• Haha 1

On our honeymoon cruise, which was my first cruise, an eternity ago, it was on the Sovereign of the seas, then a RCCL cruise ship.

We were seated at a table for 10, including one other newlywed couple and other very nice people.

The other newlywed couple had, which I thought was a very strange dining ritual.

Systematically, every night, the young newlywed lady would order her dinner, take two or three bites, than pass it over, to her hew husband. Meanwhile, the new husband, would order a meal, eat half of it, complained about it with arrogance, returned it to the kitchen and re-ordered something different....in addition of course, of eating his new wife´s meal.

Then, during a dinner, he seriously declared, in front of us, a bunch of strangers, that if his new wife gained 5 pounds, he would divorce her....

From that experience, I remember the angelic patience and professionalism of our  waiting staff.... They really deserved any penny they made on that cruise!!!

The other take away for me was why would such a kind, young and nice looking woman agree to be treated like that..... I wonder if they are still married today???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

On our honeymoon cruise, which was my first cruise, an eternity ago, it was on the Sovereign of the seas, then a RCCL cruise ship.

We honeymooned on Sovereign Of The Seas too! Loved it! Great memories from that ship.

Although I cannot say I’ve really experienced strange things- I do find plenty of amusing observations.

In 2019 we took a Royal Caribbean cruise which stopped at the newly vamped up Perfect Day Coco Cay. We indeed had a great day... and it seemed like most people did. 
Anyway as we were walking back to the ship on the new pier, a couple in front of us was fairly toasted from plenty of rum. They were bickering with each other in a loud drunk way- oblivious to others around... impossible not to notice them.

The funny part was she was swaying back and forth like she was being tossed about on rough seas... and it was amusing because she was not even on the ship yet.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

kind of sad .. on a 14 night cruise there was an older couple sitting alone at a large table next to us. Every night all he ate was a large plate of french fries ( with his fingers) and the 2 of them never spoke to each other

Oh no, say it's not so! 🙄

On our first X cruise on Summit years ago we were placed at an 8 person table with three other couples that were all strangers.  After awhile at that first dinner, we noticed that one gentleman was eating the pats of butter right out of the bowl with a fork.  He ate all the butter at the table and asked for more.  He was trying to be sneaky about it but I am sure everyone at the table caught on.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TMaine said:

On our first X cruise on Summit years ago we were placed at an 8 person table with three other couples that were all strangers.  After awhile at that first dinner, we noticed that one gentleman was eating the pats of butter right out of the bowl with a fork.  He ate all the butter at the table and asked for more.  He was trying to be sneaky about it but I am sure everyone at the table caught on.

At least he was using a fork. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Oh no, say it's not so! 🙄

Call me crass but use a fork for french fries?!?   NO, I am the only one touching them and dipping into the mayonnaise, not touching anyone else food.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Call me crass but use a fork for french fries?!?   NO, I am the only one touching them and dipping into the mayonnaise, not touching anyone else food.   

Agree, never going to happen.  Pssst, I also eat my shrimp cocktail with my fingers. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Agree, never going to happen.  Pssst, I also eat my shrimp cocktail with my fingers. 

I am SO aghast!!!!  I will def ask that you not be seated at a table that is 18" from mine!!

• Haha 1