TELL ME ABOUT THE REFLECTION

elaineb

On 2/25/2021 at 6:23 AM, lydnsyd said:

Just discovered that the interconnecting cabin doors are internal unlike the other S Class ships which are external

Can't figure out why Celebrity made this design change when the external interconnecting doors on all other S class was the PERFECT design. Because of this my husband couldn't believe how long it took me to choose a non-connecting port side cabin with the bed by the balcony for our last two Sept 2020 and Jan 2021 cancelled Reflection sailings.  

5 hours ago, Pinboy said:

With due respect- we were in Blu a few times and on leaving the first night the Hostess asked us what time we “ expect “ to come for dinner each night .

I told her (  7-7:15 ) , handed her a little “ Thank You “ and our table was always ready within a few minutes.

It certainly can depend on the hostess, but we have never had an experience where they had a table saved for us if others were waiting.  We have had good hostesses who knew our habits and tried to save us particular tables we prefer, but never saving tables and seating us ahead of other people.  And if you did have that experience just because of your little "Thank You" then shame on them.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

And if you did have that experience just because of your little "Thank You" then shame on them.  

I think " shame on them " is much too harsh a statement. 

It's no different than giving a tip early on in the cruise to any other Service person. 

Believe me, they do appreciate it and will reciprocate --- within the boundaries of their authority.

C'est la vie. 

Reflection is more crowded than Silhouette, especially in upper categories.  Reflection has 111 suites, Silhouette has 66, and Luminae is the same size.  Reflection has 150 aqua cabins, Silhouette has 130, and Blu is the same size.  I notice it more in the mid-ship elevators.  Silhouette remains my favorite s-class.

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I think " shame on them " is much too harsh a statement. 

It's no different than giving a tip early on in the cruise to any other Service person. 

Believe me, they do appreciate it and will reciprocate --- within the boundaries of their authority.

C'est la vie. 

I agree.  About 10 years ago we were on a 12 night cruise in the Med on the Silhouette with my cousin and his wife... more like my brother and sister-in-law. On the first night we arrived at Blu about 7:30 and had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated.  On the second night we walked in and were immediately seated at the same table and, besides commenting it was the same table, never gave it much thought. Third night, same time, same table.  I then asked my cousin if he had a hand in this. He then told me that he gave the restaurant manager a tip and said when my cousin is happy, I'm happy!!! He would never tell me how much 'Happy" cost him. 

Anyone who wants to slam me on this, I have tough skin!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Reflection is more crowded than Silhouette, especially in upper categories.  Reflection has 111 suites, Silhouette has 66, and Luminae is the same size.  Reflection has 150 aqua cabins, Silhouette has 130, and Blu is the same size.  I notice it more in the mid-ship elevators.  Silhouette remains my favorite s-class.

Well said.  I believe your figures include the changing of the Aqua class suites to regular suites which does take some of the burden away from Blu.   On one of our cruises on Reflection, we walked out of Blu as the service was so slow.  I felt badly for the wait staff.  This was due to the number of passengers dining and the additional tables added to the dining room.  

Then we began to enjoy the theme nights at the buffet so we could dine at our own pace and make it to a show on time.

15 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

I agree.  About 10 years ago we were on a 12 night cruise in the Med on the Silhouette with my cousin and his wife... more like my brother and sister-in-law. On the first night we arrived at Blu about 7:30 and had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated.  On the second night we walked in and were immediately seated at the same table and, besides commenting it was the same table, never gave it much thought. Third night, same time, same table.  I then asked my cousin if he had a hand in this. He then told me that he gave the restaurant manager a tip and said when my cousin is happy, I'm happy!!! He would never tell me how much 'Happy" cost him. 

Anyone who wants to slam me on this, I have tough skin!!!

Good advice here!! I do the same at my favorite locales on the ship, bars, restaurants etc.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Good advice here!! I do the same at my favorite locales on the ship, bars, restaurants etc.  

LOL--- It's an " Ensurance policy" ---- for great service .

( Not to be confused with an " Insurance policy " ).

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- It's an " Ensurance policy" ---- for great service .

( Not to be confused with an " Insurance policy " ).

touchy subject here on CC, I've been called an elitist, snob, buying/bribing my way...LOL hasn't stopped me I $till do it my way

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elaineb said:

Main dining.  We are in an Oceanview on the bump Deck 8.

You will be just fine. Reflection is a great ship.  There was an increase in the number of passengers able to dine in Blu and Luminae and those cruisers have been affected.  

Enjoy your cruise! 

What type of Sea Day activities are there?  Our last cruise was port intensive and we only had 1 sea day.  Did they do the volleyball crew VS passengers?  Silent disco?  What other type activities?  My DH and I are fine with quiet and a book, but think my 37 yr old son and his new wife will be looking for more activity.

1 minute ago, elaineb said:

What type of Sea Day activities are there?  Our last cruise was port intensive and we only had 1 sea day.  Did they do the volleyball crew VS passengers?  Silent disco?  What other type activities?  My DH and I are fine with quiet and a book, but think my 37 yr old son and his new wife will be looking for more activity.

There was a volleyball game during the day.  There are activities like dance classes, arts and crafts,  trivia, computer training (often with a fee),  Zumba,  music by the pool,  a nice gym, etc.  We had at least 2 nights of Silent Disco.  Each evening there was a show in the theater and also after the show, there were some nights with themes such as Motown, Abba, Whiteout, etc. Live music was played in the Atrium around dinner time.   Plenty to do.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, elaineb said:

Main dining.  We are in an Oceanview on the bump Deck 8.

I agree with Keesar. Overall the ship is a little more crowded than Silhouette or Equinox, but it is felt most in the venues mentioned - Blu, Luminae, Michael's  and Sunset Bar - you will only be concerned about Sunset Bar - I think you will be fine and enjoy it.