NCLH CEO Frank Del Rio Says It Will Take 90 Days To Relaunch US Cruises After CDC Gives a Green Light

njhorseman

Canada over reacted because they want to protect their own citizens. I don’t see ports in the rest of the world opening their doors to welcome hordes of American tourists. Why should Canada?

May I remind you that the PVSA was enacted in the 1880s to protect American interests. It does not seem as if any American lawmakers are in a rush to remove this protectionist policy.

On 2/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, GA Dave said:

So, based on that news, June is almost guaranteed to be cancelled, and most likely July and August as well.  The CDC test cruises, etc. will most likely take 2-3 months, so (90) days after that looks like the Fall.

Your math is pretty much what I have come up with as well. If there are any cruises in July or August I think they would be short 3 or 4 day cruises to see how the new protocols work with paying customers then maybe a month later roll out 7 day cruises.

12 minutes ago, notladjr said:

Your math is pretty much what I have come up with as well. If there are any cruises in July or August I think they would be short 3 or 4 day cruises to see how the new protocols work with paying customers then maybe a month later roll out 7 day cruises.

The 3-4 day cruises are what RCCL is pushing right now.  They will go to Coco Cay and the Bahamas out of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Port Canaveral.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:12 PM, Traveller20074 said:

I won't be comfortable cruising till next year some time.  I would like to cruise with just a mask, at the very least, although a less crowded ship sounds cool too 🙂

No underwear, just a muzzle?  I'm in!  At least, my skin would enjoy fresh ocean air proving the major reason of vacation named the cruise.

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2021 at 7:20 AM, HowardK said:

I would be surprised if we had any in 2021 along with things like concerts and theatre. Also, I myself would not want to be among the first back to a concert or cruise- I'd like to see how they play out. 

I just can't imagine having to sit outside on a cruise ship or baseball game with a mask on- it defeats the purpose of going somewhat. 

Absolutely

13 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Vaccines By May

So, based on this, why would we need to wait until late 21/early 22 for cruises?  The NFL and college football are already talking 100% capacities for August/September.

I received and email blast from a travel agency that rhymes with stacations to go...saying the same thing. Says cases are down 73% in the US since the peak on Jan 11 and down by 67% in Canada since the peak on Jan 9.  

Sounds like good news to me.