Europe - June 2021

georgiaguy

9 hours ago, RD64 said:

Just an FYI - Royal cancelled the Rome summer season of the new Odyssey of the seas. The ship is being moved to Haifa, Israel for cruises with locals only.

And further qualified -- for cruises with vaccinated locals only.

On 3/1/2021 at 10:15 PM, cruisemom42 said:

And further qualified -- for cruises with vaccinated locals only.

I expect no one other than vaccinated locals will have a chance of cruising in 2021 anywhere.

• Like 1

Celebrity: May 1, 2021

Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled for the 2020-2021 season.

In addition: The May 1 Transatlantic crossing on Apex; May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended

This is X's input from the March 3 Cruise Critic article on when ocean cruises will resume. Looks like Caribbean cruises only beginning May 1 through at least October. Not surprising.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

8 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

^ But only the Edge and Constellation cruises are referenced for European sailings?

I know what you are saying. It's all in how one reads it. I read it as transatlantic sailings for Edge and Constellation, but also as no European cruises for ships already there. Could be mistaken.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

I know what you are saying. It's all in how one reads it. I read it as transatlantic sailings for Edge and Constellation, but also as no European cruises for ships already there. Could be mistaken.

That might turn out to be true, but I don't think it was intended that way.  Whereas the referenced transatlantic and European cruises on Edge and Constellation were cancelled at the time that announcement was made, and disappeared from the  Celebrity website, the same is not true, even as of today, for European cruises from May forward on Infinity, Silhouette, Reflection and Apex.  I expect them to cancel my May 5 British Isles cruise, but they have not done it yet.

Tom & Judy

"All May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended." 

Celebrity playing the semantics game. The above statement along with the Apex transatlantic suspension speaks to a postponement, a temporary discontinuance. Not yet an actual cancellation or cross-out of an event. That allows the affected sailings to remain on the website. We are booked on a Infinity August cruise. I will not make final payment because that cruise will not go. Nor will any other European cruises through October.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Why doesn't Celebrity just tell us from the US that we won't be sailing out of Amsterdam to our British Isles cruise in July 2021 and let us make other plans ?

Corporate business decisions, especially during trying times, are varied and not always considered in the best interests of everyone concerned. Naturally, each customer or passenger wants smooth sailing throughout the process, from start to finish. When caught up in mitigating circumstances that disrupt the natural flow of things, we are forced to make decisions. Perhaps it's best not to vacillate. Rather, get out from under the avalanche of uncertainty and the weight of procrastination. You can always catch up when all is well.

Not always wise to wait for others to make our decisions. Whether right or wrong, good or bad, it's up to us to take on that responsibility.

2 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Corporate business decisions, especially during trying times, are varied and not always considered in the best interests of everyone concerned. Naturally, each customer or passenger wants smooth sailing throughout the process, from start to finish. When caught up in mitigating circumstances that disrupt the natural flow of things, we are forced to make decisions. Perhaps it's best not to vacillate. Rather, get out from under the avalanche of uncertainty and the weight of procrastination. You can always catch up when all is well.

Not always wise to wait for others to make our decisions. Whether right or wrong, good or bad, it's up to us to take on that responsibility.

I have to wait until Celebrity cancels to get my $900 NRD back and am assuming/hoping they will.

My circumstances are with the limits that X is more than likely going to offer things may not work out so easily if I can't...option to use a FCC that has to sail by Sept 2022 or lose a $200.00 fee. I have 6 cruises booked with RCI and this whole thing with X is making me think twice about trying this cruiseline in the future.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Why doesn't Celebrity just tell us from the US that we won't be sailing out of Amsterdam to our British Isles cruise in July 2021 and let us make other plans ?

They would have to first (or simultaneously) decide to cancel my May 5, 2021 British Isles cruise.

In all seriousness, I am really surprised that they haven't cancelled my cruise yet, since everybody seems to agree that it will not be happening.  At the moment, we technically could not fly into Amsterdam to catch the cruise, and the ports in the UK would technically be closed to us as well.

I do think your cruise (which I believe is July 30) is in a bit of a different category.  Celebrity might very well be holding off on July and August cruises in the hope that things open up enough to allow them to go forward.  There could turn out to be a real difference between early May for my cruise and late July for yours.

Tom & Judy

3 hours ago, TFree said:

They would have to first (or simultaneously) decide to cancel my May 5, 2021 British Isles cruise.

In all seriousness, I am really surprised that they haven't cancelled my cruise yet, since everybody seems to agree that it will not be happening.  At the moment, we technically could not fly into Amsterdam to catch the cruise, and the ports in the UK would technically be closed to us as well.

I do think your cruise (which I believe is July 30) is in a bit of a different category.  Celebrity might very well be holding off on July and August cruises in the hope that things open up enough to allow them to go forward.  There could turn out to be a real difference between early May for my cruise and late July for yours.

Tom & Judy

I'm also very surprised your's hasn't been cancelled by now...but you may hear very soon it has.

Did you make final payment with the hopes that they would cancel I'm assuming?

My final is due May 1st and more than likely I won't make it and decide what to do at that point.

Best of luck to you.

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm also very surprised your's hasn't been cancelled by now...but you may hear very soon it has.

Did you make final payment with the hopes that they would cancel I'm assuming?

My final is due May 1st and more than likely I won't make it and decide what to do at that point.

Best of luck to you.

Yes, I did make final payment on the theory that it would almost certainly be cancelled and that I would likely be offered 125% FCC.  Since we have no other FCC at the moment, and multiple upcoming cruises with Celebrity, it seemed like a good risk to take.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

My final payment for July Baltic cruise from Southampton will come up in a month. I really hope they will announce something soon. To be honest, they should have done a better Job and cancel all the May cruise earlier like other cruise line did.

If there is even one case on the cruise ship, the ship will need to send back and the whole ship will be quarantined. I don't believe any countries will open their port until most people are vaccinated and the severe cases are in control. It would be a political disaster if Government gave a go ahead to cruise lines and end up need to quarantine a few ships. I just cannot see that happening until at least Sept or even October and they probably will look at Israel data and RCL first few cruises from there then decide what will be the next step for the rest of the cruises.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jmhlin said:

they probably will look at Israel data and RCL first few cruises from there then decide what will be the next step for the rest of the cruises.

I believe they are looking at TUI from Germany and RCL from Singapore and decided on Israel.  I agree that Israel should give them some additional data on vaccinated passengers/crew.

17 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe they are looking at TUI from Germany and RCL from Singapore and decided on Israel.  I agree that Israel should give them some additional data on vaccinated passengers/crew.

Singapore has very tough restriction and low cases and I am not sure about Germany. Israel already have 80% adult got the first dose of pfizer. It is a better indicator to see what is the real picture after the world are vaccinated in high amount of covid cases countries.

"The Israeli Health Ministry found that the full two doses of Pfizer reduces infection by 89.4% in asymptomatic cases, where there are no visible or tangible symptoms. In COVID cases that bring symptoms, Pfizer seems to work to provide a startling 93.7% level of protection.

The vaccine was also 92% effective at protecting people from severe COVID after two shots, with a strong 62% protection level after a single dose."

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/severe-covid-cases-in-israel/104729/

On 3/4/2021 at 6:22 AM, Spif Barwunkel said:

Celebrity: May 1, 2021

Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled for the 2020-2021 season.

In addition: The May 1 Transatlantic crossing on Apex; May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended

This is X's input from the March 3 Cruise Critic article on when ocean cruises will resume. Looks like Caribbean cruises only beginning May 1 through at least October. Not surprising.  

Why is this dated May 1,  2021?  It's only March

On 3/4/2021 at 3:46 PM, Ashland said:

I have to wait until Celebrity cancels to get my $900 NRD back and am assuming/hoping they will.

My circumstances are with the limits that X is more than likely going to offer things may not work out so easily if I can't...option to use a FCC that has to sail by Sept 2022 or lose a $200.00 fee. I have 6 cruises booked with RCI and this whole thing with X is making me think twice about trying this cruiseline in the future.

I hear you... I just moved my June 2021 sailing to 2023 (and had to pay $100pp change fee).   Had hoped X would cancel before final so I could get my $900 NRD back ...but nope.

2 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I hear you... I just moved my June 2021 sailing to 2023 (and had to pay $100pp change fee).   Had hoped X would cancel before final so I could get my $900 NRD back ...but nope.

Did you actually have to add cash?  Someone else reported that they just added the $100 to the cruise fare of the new cruise so no additional cash out of hand.  I thought this was good as if you were to cancel down the line I'm assuming you would only take the $100 pp hit for that and not get hit with the $100 for the move and $100 for cancellation which I think would be within their rights.

Just interested.

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did you actually have to add cash?  Someone else reported that they just added the $100 to the cruise fare of the new cruise so no additional cash out of hand.  I thought this was good as if you were to cancel down the line I'm assuming you would only take the $100 pp hit for that and not get hit with the $100 for the move and $100 for cancellation which I think would be within their rights.

Just interested.

Correct - no additional cash was paid out of pocket now. 

2 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Correct - no additional cash was paid out of pocket now. 

Glad to hear you did not have to add cash.  I must say though, from reading many different posts on this subject, they are unfortunately not applying the change policy consistently for all.  In my case it was in my favor, but it should bee the same for all.