Europe - June 2021

georgiaguy

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Glad to hear you did not have to add cash.  I must say though, from reading many different posts on this subject, they are unfortunately not applying the change policy consistently for all.  In my case it was in my favor, but it should bee the same for all. 

I agree. 

I personally don't feel that there should be the $100 change fee for any cruise due to the pandemic and since cruising has not even resumed.  

But, I understand that they are a business (trying to survive), so at the very least, they should be applying their policies consistently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

I agree. 

I personally don't feel that there should be the $100 change fee for any cruise due to the pandemic and since cruising has not even resumed.  

But, I understand that they are a business (trying to survive), so at the very least, they should be applying their policies consistently.

Exactly and if they had charged me the $100/pp, I would have paid it no questions asked.  But consistency is the key word.  

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Exactly and if they had charged me the $100/pp, I would have paid it no questions asked.  But consistency is the key word.  

Here's where I think they are missing the boat 😉

I already have 4 sailings booked in 2022, plus a few more will be cancelled in 2021 (or that I wouldn't go on because I don't feel it's safe yet). 

I simply cannot get another cruise in by May 4, 2022 (which is the date until which they wouldn't charge the $100 change fee), so I had to transfer to a 2023 sailing.  So I'm sort of "forced" to pay the change fee. 

Overall, IMO, they should be extending all of their deadlines for FCC usage and transferring sailings penalty-free longer into the future.   I am not changing sailings because I "don't want to go".  It's a pandemic and it's not safe to go yet.  

14 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Here's where I think they are missing the boat 😉

I already have 4 sailings booked in 2022, plus a few more will be cancelled in 2021 (or that I wouldn't go on because I don't feel it's safe yet). 

I simply cannot get another cruise in by May 4, 2022 (which is the date until which they wouldn't charge the $100 change fee), so I had to transfer to a 2023 sailing.  So I'm sort of "forced" to pay the change fee. 

Overall, IMO, they should be extending all of their deadlines for FCC usage and transferring sailings penalty-free longer into the future.   I am not changing sailings because I "don't want to go".  It's a pandemic and it's not safe to go yet.  

Suggestion:  When you call to make the change, see if they say it is a $100 change fee. If they do, say oh OK no thanks, I'll keep as is.  A while later call again and see if you get a different rep and a different answer...

Edited by LGW59

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Suggestion:  When you call to make the change, see if they say it is a $100 change fee. If they do, say oh OK no thanks, I'll keep as is.  A while later call again and see if you get a different rep and a different answer...

That is an excellent idea.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow9612 said:

I should add, it is nice to be thinking about cruising in 2023.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if cruising was all 'back to normal' by then 🙂

I am getting ready to call Celebrity now.  I made two reservations, one a TP in Sept 2022 and the other a Israel/Turkey/Med in Oct 2022, kind of as an insurance policy.  We decided on the Israel/Turkey/Med, going to call now to move the TP deposit to this cruise.  I will keep you posted, if you are interested.

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I am getting ready to call Celebrity now.  I made two reservations, one a TP in Sept 2022 and the other a Israel/Turkey/Med in Oct 2022, kind of as an insurance policy.  We decided on the Israel/Turkey/Med, going to call now to move the TP deposit to this cruise.  I will keep you posted, if you are interested.

For sure.  Please do. 

I love that Israel/Turkey/Med itinerary.  

44 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

For sure.  Please do. 

I love that Israel/Turkey/Med itinerary.  

So 40 or so minutes later, and that is NOT a complaint, Celebrity moved my earlier mentioned deposit of $450 w/o penalty to our Israel/Turkey/Med cruise.  The CSR had to understandably ask and consult for approval with her manager but woot woot woot!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

So 40 or so minutes later, and that is NOT a complaint, Celebrity moved my earlier mentioned deposit of $450 w/o penalty to our Israel/Turkey/Med cruise.  The CSR had to understandably ask and consult for approval with her manager but woot woot woot!!!!

Was the TP cruise booked with a refundable or a non-refundable deposit?

I was going to say from what I've experienced and seen posted I thought moves of NRD's have been handled consistently with the fee waived if the new sailing was prior to 5/4/2022 and charged when new sailing was after.    Your case is proving me wrong.   Maybe it payed to do it on the weekend.  In my case it was escalated to Resolutions department who usually grants exceptions, but they don't work on the weekend so I think you got lucky with a supervisor.  Good for you.

Edited by wrk2cruise

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Was the TP cruise booked with a refundable or a non-refundable deposit?

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

NRD

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Well, that's good - I really think that's the right response from X.

Disappointed of course they didn't do that for my NRD. 

I think I'm going to put a call in to my TA (big box TA) to re-contact Celebrity, but not sure they'll accomplish anything....

2 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Well, that's good - I really think that's the right response from X.

Disappointed of course they didn't do that for my NRD. 

I think I'm going to put a call in to my TA (big box TA) to re-contact Celebrity, but not sure they'll accomplish anything....

Honestly it is not the $100/pp, though of course we are glad to save it, at the end of the day it is not changing our lives, but Celebrity needs to be consistent about it, folks here are all over the map on it, needs to be a better and more consistent process.

21 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Honestly it is not the $100/pp, though of course we are glad to save it, at the end of the day it is not changing our lives, but Celebrity needs to be consistent about it, folks here are all over the map on it, needs to be a better and more consistent process.

Exactly....  I agree. 

For me, it's the principle and consistency. 

Charge an extra $200 for the cruise fare -- would I even know 😉 ....but don't charge me a $100 change fee. Lol.  

• Like 1

But we all agreed to the $100 when we took NRD deposits and we are talking about cruises over a year away.   Decisions are being made by us not them so they are certainly entitled to enforce the agreement.  Any decision to waive it is a good will gesture on their part.