Power cords / USB cords.... etc.

VegasVic14

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Was behind a Indian Large family held up by security , there was a heated exchange about how his wife will not be able to iron her Sarie's and how could she be seen in public after they were trying to take away there iron ...if you thought that was funny security also confiscated a rice cooker 🤣🤣🤣

One cruise we saw a hibachi grill, a slow cooker,  and a toaster oven..
It really makes me wonder about some people!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 7:13 PM, BirdTravels said:

Here's what's not allowed:

Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Hoverboards
  • Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Sports Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Baby Monitors
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Perishable Food & Meat Products
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

I would not classify this as an extension cord.  This is not much different than the magsafe plug for the older macbooks.  

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I would not classify this as an extension cord.  This is not much different than the magsafe plug for the older macbooks.  

If you were a security screener, you would not consider a plug, 6’ cord and head with multiple outlets an extension cord?  Seriously???

B22C62FF-74A6-463A-97AB-58726B8DDD1C.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

One cruise we saw a hibachi grill, a slow cooker,  and a toaster oven..
It really makes me wonder about some people!

What no microwave? Even back in the day of set seating and limited food offers (no buffets except at midnight) You could alway find something to eat. If you have to walk to the buffet for a bagel or bread just have it toasted there. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you were a security screener, you would not consider a plug, 6’ cord and head with multiple outlets an extension cord?  Seriously???

B22C62FF-74A6-463A-97AB-58726B8DDD1C.png

Actually I have been carrying something similar to this cord; plus I have carried an extension cord too.  Security has never taken them from me;  so on my next cruise I will be taking my new usb hub.  I understand what you're saying;  but with everyone plugged in today with their phones, camera, ipads, kindles, laptops, etc;  the cruise lines do not provide enough outlets in cabins.  Yes I know some people go on vacation to unplug;  but others want all their tech stuff with them.

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Actually I have been carrying something similar to this cord; plus I have carried an extension cord too.  Security has never taken them from me;  so on my next cruise I will be taking my new usb hub.  I understand what you're saying;  but with everyone plugged in today with their phones, camera, ipads, kindles, laptops, etc;  the cruise lines do not provide enough outlets in cabins.  Yes I know some people go on vacation to unplug;  but others want all their tech stuff with them.

Just Luck, my last few Cruises looks like were grabbing ext cords inc any with reg plugs like this. Didn't matter if has surge or not. USB only has better chance getting through. At least newer ships have more plugs, but they are never going put more then a couple with another USB