Changes to Cruise Planner Coming

Some changes to the cruise planner are coming.  Starting with Mariner Oct 2021.

In reading through the materials I get the impression that we may no longer be able to see current pricing on items that have been purchased. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/general_info/21075372_My_Royal_Cruise_Step-by-step guide-3.pdf

4FC2F9C4-4151-4938-9185-EE1C224554CE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is interesting.

My client wants to cancel something they have already purchased through My Royal Cruise. Will they receive a refund?

Yes, as soon as a paid reservation is canceled, your client will automatically be refunded in their original form of payment. Please note, refunds will be issued in accordance with product terms and conditions, as some products may be non-refundable.

Damn. It’s going to be hard to determine what the going rate is of a cabana when it varies it ship let alone time of year etc...I guess roll calls for specific sailings might help determine prices through you fellow cruisers. 

I guess it’s one way the will make up revenue. Also makes me think cruises might be going for Mariner in October. 

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Also makes me think cruises might be going for Mariner in October.

Lol.  They even included this in the FAQs

Why did Royal Caribbean decide to launch this functionality on Mariner of the Seas sailings beginning in October 2021? Does this mean Royal Caribbean won’t begin sailing until then?

The My Royal Cruise platform is an independent initiative that does not imply nor align with timing on the Royal Caribbean® fleet’s anticipated return to service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ken, can one still call to find out the price of an item?  If it is cheaper cancel and rebook. I bet a crafty TA will think of a way around this. 😁

Until it’s rolled out I’m not sure.  A TA with multiple clients booked on the same ship may be able to log into different clients accounts.....unless they are changing that ability as well. 

I’m thinking your suggestion of roll calls but I really am hoping I’m wrong on not being able to see the current pricing. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is interesting.

My client wants to cancel something they have already purchased through My Royal Cruise. Will they receive a refund?

Yes, as soon as a paid reservation is canceled, your client will automatically be refunded in their original form of payment. Please note, refunds will be issued in accordance with product terms and conditions, as some products may be non-refundable.

Does this mean if you book say Drink Package and a better price is offered, you only get a refund if cruise reservation is cancelled?

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Does this mean if you book say Drink Package and a better price is offered, you only get a refund if cruise reservation is cancelled?

M8

No.  You can cancel anytime you want.  The scary part is that some cruise planner items may now be non refundable. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This hasn’t been released yet but I’m sure that there would be a warning before you purchased the item. 

Hope there is a warning. I would want to know if something is not refundable, before I made that purchase. 

• Like 3

I'm sure this is all based on customer feedback and is intended to enhance the cruise experience, but I think the constant booking/cancelling/rebooking of cruise planner items is something they want to reduce. Reminds me of why they expanded the use of non-refundable fares. 

mac_tlc

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My May 2022 Mariner cruises had the new Cruise Planner loaded last night.  Our OBC was not showing up on the Reservations, but when I visited again first thing this morning, the OBC was there.

It will take me a little while to get used to the new look/format.  I haven’t booked anything yet, but might test the waters later!  😀

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ken, can one still call to find out the price of an item?  If it is cheaper cancel and rebook. I bet a crafty TA will think of a way around this. 😁

You used to be able to log into cruise planner with just the reservation number, ship, sail date and last name.  I could go in and purchase things for clients.  

I just checked and this option has been removed.  Now you have to create an account which includes creating a password..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

My May 2022 Mariner cruises had the new Cruise Planner loaded last night.  Our OBC was not showing up on the Reservations, but when I visited again first thing this morning, the OBC was there.

It will take me a little while to get used to the new look/format.  I haven’t booked anything yet, but might test the waters later!  😀

Thanks for the update.  Big question...are there any items listed as non refundable. 

I think I ran into this with my Symphony booking and a cabana I had purchased.  When I went into  the planner to check the prices it had nothing listed, nor did it say it was sold out.  The price was not listed and when I clicked on it I got the message "you already purchased this on X date".  I asked my travel partner to check on the price but the cruise was cancelled before he got back in.

3 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I think I ran into this with my Symphony booking and a cabana I had purchased.  When I went into  the planner to check the prices it had nothing listed, nor did it say it was sold out.  The price was not listed and when I clicked on it I got the message "you already purchased this on X date".  I asked my travel partner to check on the price but the cruise was cancelled before he got back in.

That happened for a while a few months back.  You could still see the price if you clicked in the excursion.  It was only a temporary change.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the update.  Big question...are there any items listed as non refundable. 

I started to read the Terms and Conditions but got bored about halfway through!  😀  They did say Drink Packages and Dining were still refundable up to 48 hours before sailing, so looks like no change there.

I tried to book Dining but it would not let me and said I had to call.  There were only a couple of Padi Diving excursions showing.  I can’t check cause now it won’t let me back in!  🤣🤔

I have a meeting now, but will try again when I get out!

• Like 2