U2D cabins on MS Spitsbergen

comcox

Trying to decide which cabins may be quieter--the deck 7 mid to aft U2D under the top Observation Deck or the deck 6 forward U2D over/next to the Explorer Lounge?  We are early to bed types and try to avoid people noise/music, etc. when picking a cabin.  Any advice?

I have not sailed with MS Spitsbergen and the answer may depend on the destination, but I have never experienced music or noise in the explorer lounge on a Hurtigruten ship - most people enjoy the view or read a book.  I will not be nervous about booking a U2D cabin on deck 6.
I do not know if it is a ‘European trip’ or if your trip goes to Svalbard, it is not certain that you will get to bed early - one of the attractions if going north is either the midnight sun or northern lights. I enjoy sitting in the explorer lounge at 01am and watching the landscape pasning by in the midnight sun or waiting for the northern lights in the evenings.

Please let us know the itinerary.

14 hours ago, comcox said:

Trying to decide which cabins may be quieter--the deck 7 mid to aft U2D under the top Observation Deck or the deck 6 forward U2D over/next to the Explorer Lounge?  We are early to bed types and try to avoid people noise/music, etc. when picking a cabin.  Any advice?

Hi, 

Have had inside cabin between the U2D cabins on Deck 7 & no noise for entire voyage. There are stairs/lift there convenient for Restaurant etc & external doors to rear outside deck with  the hot tubs. Entrance to stairs/lift is on starboard side.

The Deck 7 U2D cabins are not the largest (noted on Hurti website) so if that is important - most people don't spend much time in their cabins - maybe worth researching more.

15 hours ago, hallasm said:

I have not sailed with MS Spitsbergen and the answer may depend on the destination, but I have never experienced music or noise in the explorer lounge on a Hurtigruten ship - most people enjoy the view or read a book.  I will not be nervous about booking a U2D cabin on deck 6.
I do not know if it is a ‘European trip’ or if your trip goes to Svalbard, it is not certain that you will get to bed early - one of the attractions if going north is either the midnight sun or northern lights. I enjoy sitting in the explorer lounge at 01am and watching the landscape pasning by in the midnight sun or waiting for the northern lights in the evenings.

Please let us know the itinerary.

It is the Svalbard cruise we are booking on for 2022.

The explorer lounge will be quiet during evening and night - no music. 

16 hours ago, comcox said:

We are early to bed types

Note that on Svalbard the sun does not set between 20 April and 22 August. You can’t miss the view of the landscape passing by under the midnight sun.