NCL breakaway New Orleans November 27 2022

Larrytheg

2 hours ago, Larrytheg said:

Rebooked our family cruise that we would have traveled 2020 . Has anyone traveled on the breakaway since Covid ? 

We cruised the Breakaway March 8-15, 2020.  It was the LAST cruise and things has been shut down since then.  The whole time we was on the cruise i would check the amount of covid cases (especially in New Orleans). We was so worried something would happen and we would not get off the ship.

Enjoy your time in the great New Orleans before you board the Breakaway, thats a great part of the experience!!  The main dining rooms (MDR) were very nice and plenty of choices.  I think our favorite  specialty restaurant was the Italian one, it actually served one of the best steaks, according to my husband.  The waterfront, both sides, had comfy places to relax, read, drink, or gather for time together.  We were in the Haven, so spoiled, but were out and about all the time.  Not sure what specific information you are looking for.  Will say the Port in NOLA can be challenging arriving and departing, patience is required!!

We love the Breakaway and will be sailing on her again in December 2022.  As FLcruisergrl said, the Waterfront is one of our favorite areas on the ship.  We love to get Lobster rolls at the Ocean Blue walk-up window on 'at sea' days.  

Also, we love cruising out of New Orleans and always do at least one cruise a year (pre-Covid) from this port.   If you are able to get a close to the port hotel for the night before it makes it much easier.   We walk over to the port with our rolling luggage and avoid the long line of drop-off cars/taxis.     

• Like 1

It's going to be a longtime before you will be able to get any post Covid cruise cruise reports.  When the next cruise will actually happen is anybody's guess and certainly will not be in the near future.  Will be looking forward to that time again though.  

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We love the Breakaway and will be sailing on her again in December 2022.  As FLcruisergrl said, the Waterfront is one of our favorite areas on the ship.  We love to get Lobster rolls at the Ocean Blue walk-up window on 'at sea' days.  

Also, we love cruising out of New Orleans and always do at least one cruise a year (pre-Covid) from this port.   If you are able to get a close to the port hotel for the night before it makes it much easier.   We walk over to the port with our rolling luggage and avoid the long line of drop-off cars/taxis.     

Agree with everything you said.  One of my lasts cruises (November 2019) was on the Getaway (sister ship to the Breakaway) out of New Orleans.  Highly recommend the Mercantile Hotel, an all suites hotel in a renovated Warehouse.  Easy walk to the port, close to the French Quarter (but not too close), not far from the Streetcar line and a quiet, safe neighborhood, even for a solo female traveler.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great advice this will be our our 7th cruise all previous we’re in princess and we are going again on princess June 2022 to British Isles . This I’d first time in. NCL ship . This will be a huge family trip . Last time 47 of us to Alaska  . So questions regarding drinking I don’t drink Alcohol my wife does I’m more coffee person Drink package doesn’t include specialty coffee or water ... what were or are your favorite Restaurant on board ? I do a lot of research before I travel . Thank you very much Larry  

4 minutes ago, Larrytheg said:

Just moved cabin on Breakaway to MA 11196 for November 2222 cruise anyone stay in one of these MA cabin and review of your cabin 

I didn't realize the itineraries are already out for 2222.  🙂

• Haha 1

The cruise industry is pushing cruises for  2022 hopefully the Covid problem will be somewhat contained.This is a replacement cruise for one that was canceled from last year . Big family group so far we have 90 of us . 

20 minutes ago, Larrytheg said:

The cruise industry is pushing cruises for  2022 hopefully the Covid problem will be somewhat contained.This is a replacement cruise for one that was canceled from last year . Big family group so far we have 90 of us . 

I was joking with you because you wrote "2222".    🙂

21 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The first thing that came to my mind the song "In they year 2525" but don't think it includes 2222.. perhaps it should, right? 

No disrespect at all.  For some, it may feel like this virus has been here a couple hundred years.  

Cheers 

That song was a Classic!! Now I can't get it out of my head. LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Gotcha!! 

Should I post it... maybe we should all sing along.. 😉

I am singing it right now!! "If man is still alive"  Kind of a scary thought. With the NCL Drink package I probably will not care. LOL

Edited by Topdog52
  • Like 1

I’m glad there are more smart asses on here .look like one digit typed wrong has lifted the spirit of us living in this crazy world of Covid . So  what about the crazy world of Arthur Brown Fire 1968  s I remember those days 

6 minutes ago, Larrytheg said:

Just moved cabin on Breakaway to MA 11196 for November 2222 cruise anyone stay in one of these MA cabin and review of your cabin 

This all started months ago with the cancellation of this cruise. Since then I nhave had 3 other cruises cancel. I quit booking for now but when I do I will stay on deck 14. This way it is only one short flight to the food. LOL