Carnival Re-Start Dates by Ship

evandbob

That's just a ongoing list showing how far out carnival has cancelled. I've seen the same list with other dates that are just updated each time carnival cancels.

Kinda meaningless unless you have no idea how far out carnival has cancelled. Maybe helps investors in stock with no cruise knowledge know cancel dates?

This website does this all the time and it's meaningless. Anyone can do the same thing by going onto Carnival's website and looking at what the listed first sailing for each ship is. That's all that the article writer did. There's no handicapping as to which of these start dates are accurate. It's a nothing article.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone.  I thought it was an "iffy" notice, and you all have confirmed my initial skepticism.

Would be nice though......if not for COVID.  Maybe vaccinations will have progressed to a majority of cruisers by June?  I'm all for cruising re-start if everyone on board, crew and cruisers, are vaxxed.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sugar67 said:

and it says all sailings are 100% capacity.  I thought I read somewhere that once they restarted again, it would be a smaller amount of passengers at first.  Am I wrong?

There are all kinds of rumors, speculation and plain ol' guessing going around.  Only time will give us REAL answers to many questions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugar67 said:

and it says all sailings are 100% capacity.  I thought I read somewhere that once they restarted again, it would be a smaller amount of passengers at first.  Am I wrong?

I thought the same exact thing when reading the list.  I can't imagine them sailing at full capacity (with a full crew on top of that) at start-up.  Even with possibly requiring a negative covid test, masks, social distancing, and vaccination.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sugar67 said:

What I got out of the 100% capacity was a maximum number of guest that the ship can hold, not that the ships were sailing at 100% capacity.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

What I got out of the 100% capacity was a maximum number of guest that the ship can hold, not that the ships were sailing at 100% capacity.

You are absolutely correct. The article doesn't say those cruises are sailing at 100%.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, evandbob said:

I've read about Legend starting on 11/14/21 from other sources, which is what we have booked so we hope so!

Do you really think the 1 ship cruise ports such as Mobile and Jacksonville will cruise the 1st of June? I just do not see it happening. Carnival will put all efforts toward the major ports, Miami and Port Canaveral. This article's motive seems to be directed toward generating reservations and deposits (cash flow) from cruises that will not take place (false promises). It must work. We keep falling for the same gimmick over and over. 

I agree. However, financial statements carry forward looking statements as disclaimers. The CEO of NCL has said they are 90 days from sailing once the CDC gives approval. This statement was made last week. There has been no approval by the CDC. It is now March 1st. If Carnival is forward looking, as I know they are, there should be more truthfullness in advertising. I see it as a struggle to survive and part of the plan is to separate clients from their money with less than truthful advertising and false hope. I think if they were open and honest about a real start date, it would be in the 120 to 180 date range. I have a credit that needs to be rolled to a future date. I will book in 2022 after I see a ship actually sail. I have fallen for their gimmick advertising, my only point is to call it what it is. Only venting my frustration with Carnival. Time to move on.

I am still in hopes of a resumption of cruising by the summer. I was encouraged when reading today of RCL's "experiment" with the highly vaccinated population of Israel. Click the link below.

RCL begins cruising starting in May

Edited by chocolate melting cake
needed more info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

Where will you move on to, a land vacation? Most cruise lines are in lock step and US cruises are cancelled through May right now I believe.

I plan to "move on" to new comments. I am going to Key West in an airplane and not on a cruise ship in May for vacation.

I really question the 100% capacity portion of this list.

Everything I’ve read, and everything my personal planner told me is there’s an agreement with all cruise lines to sail at reduced capacity for 2021 and possibly into the beginning of 2022.

4 hours ago, amcankid said:

I really question the 100% capacity portion of this list.

Everything I’ve read, and everything my personal planner told me is there’s an agreement with all cruise lines to sail at reduced capacity for 2021 and possibly into the beginning of 2022.

I think the list is just noting the full capacity of the ships, not that they will actually be sailing at full capacity.  Nobody knows what the capacity restrictions will actually be when they start sailing again.

Edited by gtalum
  • Like 2