Solstice Class Aft Corner Sky Suite Obstructed Views?

TwoGuysPBC

Hey there Team!  We are on the Solstice in AK for June 2022.  This is a three time booking like most of you starting from an Italy booking then AK then a lift and shift to another AK for 2022.  I saw the YouTube video below that shows veranda cleaning equipment parked outside of the Corner Aft Sky Suites.  The owner of the video confirmed that this equipment was parked there for the entire week.  We picked this location for an Alaska sailing so that we had maximum views of the beautiful scenery.  Please help me understand if this is going to be there every day and if it is an actual obstruction to your view.  Also if this is located on every deck and parked at the aft at the Sky Suite on every Solstice Class ship?

Edited by TwoGuysPBC

We usually book a corner aft cabin on Solstice class ships.  After staying in Equinox cabin 1403 which had the window washing equipment permanently located on the side of our balcony when not in use, we decided to avoid the aft corner Sky 1 suites located on deck 10 of Solstice class ships for future bookings.  While the window washing equipment blocks only the side view, we did not like that the suite had an obstruction.  Having not been on the Eclipse nor the Reflection, cannot say where the window washing equipment is located on those two ships.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Solstice (December 2019) in 2146, the starboard aft corner S1 on deck 12. There was equipment stationed beside the balcony, but it didn't obstruct the view terribly. See pictures below. From other photos of the ship, it looks like the same equipment is similarly placed on deck 10, although the deck 10 equipment appears to be much more intrusive to the view - similar to what is shown in the video you posted. Equipment is also on deck 8, but it appears to be situated in front of the suite's porthole and not the balcony. (Note that this information on decks 8 and 10 is from my looking at pictures - I have not actually been in either suite.)

14 Celebrity Solstice Suite 2146.jpg

51 Noumea New Caledonia.jpg

Edited by ExArkie
  • Thanks 1

We have sailed the corner aft sky suites on different S-Class ships.  A couple of times we had the window washing equipment parked just to the side of our balcony.  Honestly it was not really much of an issue for us.  But I can understand why some would be bothered by it to some extent.  Just like the poles in the cabin.  We got used to them very quickly.   Anyway if you think you would rather not deal with it do your research carefully.  Search images or CC threads.  Some S-Class ships have this equipment outside on different decks.

• Thanks 1