Who is in touch with any crewmembers?

cruisestitch

Who is in touch with any crewmembers?  Without giving any names, are any of us in touch with any crewmembers? It might be interesting to hear about them.  Like “I get emails from a waiter from Mexico who is working at a land-based resort” or “I hear from a Maitre D from Croatia who has gone to university while he is furloughed” or whatever.  

29 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

A favorite Solstice  waiter from Peru reports that he has married and his wife is expecting and he doesn’t plan to return to cruising

Similar for us......We still stay in regular touch with our favorite waitress ever on RCL.   She went back to her home, and got married to her longtime boyfriend, who is a restaurant manager on the same ship.    They are both furloughed.   She is now with child and won't be returning to sail.    He will return when called.    He is a top room mgr on the biggest ship, so he'll be back as soon as they start to sail.    For now they are making do with temp type jobs in their homeland.

We had been in touch with one of the bartenders we got to know on 2 cruises.  He was in touch via e-mail between cruises and we really enjoyed getting to know him.  When the pandemic hit and we had cruises cancel, we sent 3-4 e-mail messages to him asking how he was doing.  DH and I also asked if there was something we could do for him but he didn't respond to any of the messages sent.  We assume they were received as the messages weren't kicked back.   Just wish we knew he was ok. 

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Who is in touch with any crewmembers?  Without giving any names, are any of us in touch with any crewmembers? It might be interesting to hear about them.  Like “I get emails from a waiter from Mexico who is working at a land-based resort” or “I hear from a Maitre D from Croatia who has gone to university while he is furloughed” or whatever.  

Not us, what about you? 

We recently got an email from our favorite bar server in the Ensemble lounge.  He is from the Ukraine and sent us a picture of his wife and him with their new baby daughter, just days old.  We also keep in touch with our butler in our Sky Suite,  He is from Goa, India.  These guys are not just friends, they are more like family.

One reason we like to remain loyal to one cruise line is on every cruise we meet favorite crew members from previous cruises.  On one cruise a couple of years ago, the Greek Captain walked up to me and said, "who let you aboard, I want his name!" 😄  It is always like a family reunion when cruising on Celebrity.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, rmalbers said:

There are a couple of crew members that post videos on youtube that have/are returning to work on a cruise ship, not X  ships though.

Gilly and the Girl.....my favourite entertainment duo...have posted some videos on youtube.  Always nice to see and hear them, SUCH talent.

We are in contact with several of the photographers and one of the ex-glassblowers who ended up being a naturalist for X.
As you can imagine they are looking forward to being able to get back to work.