Would you buy me a postcard? Hypothetical Question.

Esso11

😀 Hi! Hypothetical question.  If I was a solo cruiser on board your cruise and due to disability I found it difficult or impossible to disembark at ports of call,  would you do me a favour and buy me a few postcards as a souvenir of my trip? I'd pay for them and I wouldn't want them posted, they're for taking home. 

Thanks for your replies.  Sharon  🌻🌻🌻

4 hours ago, Esso11 said:

😀 Hi! Hypothetical question.  If I was a solo cruiser on board your cruise and due to disability I found it difficult or impossible to disembark at ports of call,  would you do me a favour and buy me a few postcards as a souvenir of my trip? I'd pay for them and I wouldn't want them posted, they're for taking home. 

Yes, and I would not accept your money.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Esso11 said:

I cannot imagine anyone saying No .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Of course, why not.  We have bought candy for wait staff who asked for it because they could not get off the ship. 

Candy? You'd think they'd have more sweet things than they could ever want 🙂 Does "wait staff" include cabin staff also? But good for you.

1 hour ago, clo said:

Candy? You'd think they'd have more sweet things than they could ever want 🙂 Does "wait staff" include cabin staff also? But good for you.

Never had a cabin steward request something but would respond to a request if we could.  Just so happens we were in a port that had some tourist type candy item, that our waitress/waiter liked, they could not go ashore and mentioned to us they sure would like some.  So we picked some up, they were delighted. 

I would love to say yes but I don't tend to go to any souvenir shops when travelling and usually my sightseeing takes up all the time so I'm not sure I would have any time left or I would even know where to purchase such an item😳. I think I would be more hinder than help😝.

Edited by ilikeanswers

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I would love to say yes but I don't tend to go to any souvenir shops when travelling and usually my sightseeing takes up all the time so I'm not sure I would have any time left or I would even know where to purchase such an item😳. I think I would be more hinder than help😝.

Ooh, now that's a point. I MIGHT go in one of those to find a little something for the still young grand-kids but really not either. I remember in Norway going into one and almost everything was "made in China." I did buy some Norwegian flake salt but that's not something that would appeal to many 🙂

Hello, all those who replied to my question.  So nice to get so many positive answers.  If it comes to pass, I think I'd join the Roll Call for the cruise and/or ask reception to broadcast my request in whatever way they think appropriate.  You (or We) are all so kind. I'd gladly help if the boot was on the other foot.  🌻

• Like 2

On 2/28/2021 at 8:40 AM, navybankerteacher said:

I did exactly that once  - plus picking up a bottle of Guava Berry Rum in Philipsburg for an elderly, mobility-impaired couple at my dinner table.

I bought a disposable lighter for someone once.  I hoped they wanted it for cig's and not arson.  😀

I would definitely help out.  

I buy postcards in port all the time as I like to use them in photo albums with pictures of the day.  The postcard usually has the name of the island and a pretty scene, much better than my pictures.

I like your idea of mentioning it in the roll call too.

If we ever sail together I would be happy to help

Noreen

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, clo said:

Two bar staff said that when they finished work at 2.30am, all they wanted was a bar of chocolate, a cake or an apple pie! They used to buy these on turnaround day at a Pound (£) shop- something like a $ shop- and always ran out of goodies before then.  🙂