THE NEW AZAMARA

Rotterdam

My partner & I did a 16 day Panama Canal cruise on Azamara several years(pre RCCL ownership) ago & really enjoyed everything about it.

I see the line has been sold by to a private company & will have one additional ship. I'm looking forward to trying the line once again.

One thing I did notice is that in one pic the ship was flying the gay flag..

Anyone else 8nterested on trying the NEW AZAMARA???

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My husband and I are doing Azamara for the first time for a 17 day Australia / New Zealand cruise, January 4, 2023. 

We originally booked the same cruise in 2020 but of course that was cancelled so we did a "lift & shift" (bend and snap) to 2021.  That one was recently cancelled so we booked it again for January 2023 and negotiated a cabin upgrade.

We are booked on Azamara Onward Athens to Venice Oct 2022.  It will be our first cruise on Azamara, but we have sailed the same ship with Oceania.  In talking to people on other cruises, we have never heard anything but good about Azamara.  Of course, that was when it was part of RCCL.  From what I have read, I get the sense that the new owner isn't really planning on changing much.  I guess time will tell.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 3:03 PM, MikeandBobNC said:

We are booked on Azamara Onward Athens to Venice Oct 2022.  It will be our first cruise on Azamara, but we have sailed the same ship with Oceania.  In talking to people on other cruises, we have never heard anything but good about Azamara.  Of course, that was when it was part of RCCL.  From what I have read, I get the sense that the new owner isn't really planning on changing much.  I guess time will tell.

Somebody was posting on the Azamara board, their experiences as they were happening on a Quest sailing.  Other than COVID related things, I got the sense not much has changed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We are booked on the Azamara Journey in March 2022 doing the intensive Croatia cruise. It will be our first time on Azamara and we managed to get good OBC.  Just a bit unclear about how the drink packages worth and whether the Ultimate Package is worth it.

The old Azamara was the most gay-friendly line that we have ever sailed.  They were pretty aggressive in marketing to LGBT folks.  On board the Cruise Director and Hotel Director hosted LBGT meet-ups that were well-attended, plus tables in the dining room.  We attended a party where a queer couple renewed their vows;  the party was attended by several of the ship officers.  The Hotel Director sought us out to hang out and chat.  And the mix of passengers on board embraced same-sex couples.  LGBT dancing nightly in the disco setting a convivial atmosphere.  I didn't love everything about AZ, but I did love this aspect, especially after having had some homophobia issues on other lines.