Jump to content

Who else has one of these? Issued by WHO AND USPH


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

All of my children have them and they were ALL born later than 1984.  However, we were military and travelling around the world, so maybe that accounts for it.


Yeah. Somewhere between “duties of the office I am about to enter” and “Drop and give me 20”, I’m pretty sure there was “take off your blouse and roll up your sleeve “. And take this and don’t lose it, sir (in my case). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, markeb said:

 

Were there actual vaccines for the infectious diseases of concern? 😁

There have been vaccinations for smallpox for over 1000 years.  Jenner's modern smallpox vaccine was 1792.  Rabies honor long after 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gizmodog said:

What has happened to HIPA? 

Nothing.  Still controls release of information.  You sign a release when you get your COVID vaccine - it is the document of a page of print too small to read.  You just make a mark at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Nothing.  Still controls release of information.  You sign a release when you get your COVID vaccine - it is the document of a page of print too small to read.  You just make a mark at the bottom.

it is called personal responsibility

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

But the administer of the shot is bound by HIPAA

 

Are you suggesting that medical practitioners are not allowed to keep records of their actions? How would the lawyers sue? 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There have been vaccinations for smallpox for over 1000 years.  Jenner's modern smallpox vaccine was 1792.  Rabies honor long after 


Did you see the 😁?  It was a joke about going from Stanford to France in the 60s. The actual vaccines required were edited in after the post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, broberts said:

 

Are you suggesting that medical practitioners are not allowed to keep records of their actions? How would the lawyers sue? 😁


They’re not allowed to release that information (records) without the patient’s permission except under conditions allowed under HIPAA. And one of those is a court order or subpoena, so the lawyers can stay employed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, broberts said:

 

Are you suggesting that medical practitioners are not allowed to keep records of their actions? How would the lawyers sue? 😁

I am suggesting your question is ridiculous,  Please do your homework, I wont do it for you.  BYE!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since that form (or its successor) was recognized around the world, I wonder that it is not being used for Covid.  
 

Outside of the US, are others just getting a small paper card to be kept in their wallet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband has one of the vaccination records shown in the first post.

 

His has some very exotic immunizations listed from his work as a microbiologist with the US FDA as the lab personnel received them as protection against the range of microorganisms that they might have been exposed to when testing products from around the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Since that form (or its successor) was recognized around the world, I wonder that it is not being used for Covid.  
 

Outside of the US, are others just getting a small paper card to be kept in their wallet?

 

I suspect ultimately it will be, for international travel (it's original purpose). I do understand the paper card for the expediency at roll out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we went for our 1st shot we received a regular sheet of copy paper with instructions, info on next appointment and in a small line at the bottom the info on the date, dose and which shot we got.  I didn't even notice that info.    Went for our 2nd shot and got another piece of paper with more instructions and again a small line with with date, dose and which shot.  We took our yellow vaccination record with us and asked them to fill it out, they said the info is on the piece of paper you can add it yourself.

 

Relatives in another state got a small wallet sized  card with the vaccine info an  it has a embossed seal.

With another relative they wrote the info on his vaccination record and info was transmitted to his info on file with his doctor.  

 

Three different areas, 3 different documentation methods makes me wonder how anyone will really know who has been vaccinated.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When we went for our 1st shot we received a regular sheet of copy paper with instructions, info on next appointment and in a small line at the bottom the info on the date, dose and which shot we got.  I didn't even notice that info.    Went for our 2nd shot and got another piece of paper with more instructions and again a small line with with date, dose and which shot.  We took our yellow vaccination record with us and asked them to fill it out, they said the info is on the piece of paper you can add it yourself.

 

Relatives in another state got a small wallet sized  card with the vaccine info an  it has a embossed seal.

With another relative they wrote the info on his vaccination record and info was transmitted to his info on file with his doctor.  

 

Three different areas, 3 different documentation methods makes me wonder how anyone will really know who has been vaccinated.

 

 

 

Did you get your vaccination from the health department, a pharmacy, an employer sponsored event, or a physician's office? If other than the health department, in or out of insurance network?

 

Same question for the other relatives? I'm guessing the second relative received their vaccinations through a source that was already connected to their healthcare provider, which would be the case with most pharmacies, for example.

 

The vaccines ship with an ancillary package that includes the HHS/CDC card. The sites would literally have to not open the box, or throw it away, to not use the wallet sized card.

 

I received my first dose through a military hospital. Haven't logged on today, but I assume it's in my vaccine records online. My wife received hers through her employer (school district). We both received the HHS/CDC cards. She also received an e-mailed form with all the information that we plan to upload to her PMC, and assume it can be posted to her records.

 

Whoever is administering the vaccine has records. What's not been made clear yet in many cases, obviously, is how you access those records in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, markeb said:

 

Did you get your vaccination from the health department, a pharmacy, an employer sponsored event, or a physician's office? If other than the health department, in or out of insurance network?

 

Same question for the other relatives? I'm guessing the second relative received their vaccinations through a source that was already connected to their healthcare provider, which would be the case with most pharmacies, for example.

 

The vaccines ship with an ancillary package that includes the HHS/CDC card. The sites would literally have to not open the box, or throw it away, to not use the wallet sized card.

 

I received my first dose through a military hospital. Haven't logged on today, but I assume it's in my vaccine records online. My wife received hers through her employer (school district). We both received the HHS/CDC cards. She also received an e-mailed form with all the information that we plan to upload to her PMC, and assume it can be posted to her records.

 

Whoever is administering the vaccine has records. What's not been made clear yet in many cases, obviously, is how you access those records in the future.

In the UK we have to wait our turn in priority of our age and health group. No paying for it. So it's different to the US. I'm ok with that. We are doing an amazing job here and I'm very humbled by the efforts of so many, from government, those who administer the vaccine and all the volunteers. 

 

I will receive my first vaccine dose on Friday. I'm not ready to cruise just yet, but whatever it takes including any vaccine "passport" requirements, bring it on. 

 

Phil 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

In the UK we have to wait our turn in priority of our age and health group. No paying for it. So it's different to the US. I'm ok with that. We are doing an amazing job here and I'm very humbled by the efforts of so many, from government, those who administer the vaccine and all the volunteers. 

 

I will receive my first vaccine dose on Friday. I'm not ready to cruise just yet, but whatever it takes including any vaccine "passport" requirements, bring it on. 

 

Phil 

 

No one's paying here either, other than the administrator of the vaccine can charge insurance an admin fee, although I'm not sure how many actually are.

 

Theoretically, although I've seen different results from UK posters, if you're enrolled in the NHS, you should have centralized medical records. Not so much in the US. Most pharmacies perform routine immunizations under some insurance relationship, so not only does the billing information go to the insurer, the fact that you received the immunization normally goes to your primary care system as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a google of "CommonPass". This comes from the World Economic Forum and is an app designed to provide vaccination and test details. Could this be the way forward for countries and individuals?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markeb said:

 

Did you get your vaccination from the health department, a pharmacy, an employer sponsored event, or a physician's office? If other than the health department, in or out of insurance network?

 

Same question for the other relatives? I'm guessing the second relative received their vaccinations through a source that was already connected to their healthcare provider, which would be the case with most pharmacies, for example.

 

The vaccines ship with an ancillary package that includes the HHS/CDC card. The sites would literally have to not open the box, or throw it away, to not use the wallet sized card.

 

I received my first dose through a military hospital. Haven't logged on today, but I assume it's in my vaccine records online. My wife received hers through her employer (school district). We both received the HHS/CDC cards. She also received an e-mailed form with all the information that we plan to upload to her PMC, and assume it can be posted to her records.

 

Whoever is administering the vaccine has records. What's not been made clear yet in many cases, obviously, is how you access those records in the future.

We got ours through a county health department.  One relative got theirs at a hospital  who entered it on his vaccination record and the third get theirs at a state mega vaccination site.  The state mega site gave out the cards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To corroborate the validity of the Covid Vax card,  I have copies of all the emails for scheduling, and vaccine confirmation from my Hospital, for my DW and I, that we received during the course of vaccine process.  The card can be faked but the corroboration with third party documents  (with all the ID code numbers) is better. Until an electronic system is established, that is the best that can be accomplished.  When an electronic system is available, that's another matter 

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was issued with the yellow book in 1969 when I was drafted into the army. I still have it and keep it up to date. Back in the day it included shots for cholera, plague, typhoid, Hong Kong flu among others. It was issued at the same time as my first ever passport which, strangely, was endorsed "Not Valid for North Vietnam"😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yep, we both still have our Yellow booklets--lots of info in them!  A lot more entries though, courtesy of the US Air Force and personal travel (like safaris in Africa).  From the 60's through COVID!

 

Edited by cluso
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband got one of those in 2001 as he had to be vaccinated for locations in the world he was doing work in until he stopped traveling in 2011.  He still has it.

Recently, I found out that our state has a database with shots we have received in it.  I was pretty shocked my inoculations in it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, islandgirlejfan said:

My husband got one of those in 2001 as he had to be vaccinated for locations in the world he was doing work in until he stopped traveling in 2011.  He still has it.

Recently, I found out that our state has a database with shots we have received in it.  I was pretty shocked my inoculations in it. 

I'm assuming the info is only available to you, not to anyone else who looks?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...