Perk - Classic Drink Package

LorraineP

Celebrity is offering the classic drink package as a perk now, is the gratuity included with this perk or do they add the 20% gratuity each time you order a drink. If included I would just give a few $$ in cash to bartender. 

When I've had a drink package as a perk, it was inclusive of gratuity. I would assume the same now.

BTW, if you just buy something over the limit, you'll get a receipt and you can tip without trying to remember cash. Probably not that difficult on the classic package.

4 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Celebrity is offering the classic drink package as a perk now, is the gratuity included with this perk or do they add the 20% gratuity each time you order a drink. If included I would just give a few $$ in cash to bartender. 

The tip is included on all drinks that are available in the Classic Package.  However, if you order something  not included, you will be charged a gratuity for that amount above the allowance.  For example,  the Classic Package used to include drinks up to $9 on the menu. If you ordered a drink costing $10, you would be charged $1 plus the applicable gratuity.  Total charge for the drink would be  $1.20.  

4 hours ago, keesar said:

The tip is included on all drinks that are available in the Classic Package.  However, if you order something  not included, you will be charged a gratuity for that amount above the allowance.  For example,  the Classic Package used to include drinks up to $9 on the menu. If you ordered a drink costing $10, you would be charged $1 plus the applicable gratuity.  Total charge for the drink would be  $1.20.  

4 hours ago, keesar said:

Thank you. 

20% of free is zero.   I think they have had this incorrect text around for some time.    If you upgrade to the premium bev package I think it's advertised at like $11 pp/pd, that would have the 20% added so you would pay $13.20 pp/pd.

The thing to remember is that you won’t get a check when you have the package. There won’t be anything to sign, unless you go over the price point of your package and then the receipt you sign would have the tip added to it or the excess.

1 hour ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

If I am reading this correctly, all drinks will be subject to a 20% gratuity whether you take the classic package ( included ) or upgrade to the premium package.  If I am reading this wrong, please chime in.

image.png.907eb0bf7fe93fed570842976fe10b4f.png

image.png.57a2ae24b393b7cb9acb53644c81ed0f.png

If the beverage package is included with your booking the gratuity is included.

If your booking did not include a beverage package and you purchase a beverage package then 20% gratuity is added to your purchase.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

If I am reading this correctly, all drinks will be subject to a 20% gratuity whether you take the classic package ( included ) or upgrade to the premium package.  If I am reading this wrong, please chime in.

With the current Elevate add on, with a 7-night Caribbean cruise you can get the upgrade to Premium and $150 pp OBC for $30 pp per night with out any additional gratuities - thus the effective upgrade to Premium is only $8.57 pp per night without any gratuities.

14 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

With the current Elevate add on, with a 7-night Caribbean cruise you can get the upgrade to Premium and $150 pp OBC for $30 pp per night with out any additional gratuities - thus the effective upgrade to Premium is only $8.57 pp per night without any gratuities.

Unless ship only excursions are required the $150 pp OBC  for us is a waste.  We will wait to upgrade until 90 days pre cruise on use our Captains Club 10% discount to upgrade.  

Remember that there are lots of other things to spend OBC on.   Since this thread is about beverages, bottles of wine are not included in current beverage packages so that would be one thing that might be of interest to you.

Edited by cruisestitch

9 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Remember that there are lots of other things to spend OBC on.   Since this thread is about beverages, bottles of wine are not included in current beverage packages so that would be one thing that might be of interest to you.

2 of my favorite wines have a $5 up charge over the PBP, so I do pay the upcharge for a glass at dinner, so $42 over a 7 night cruise.  I dislike OBC from the cruise lines as it seems like I always need to try and spend it since, as we all know, we pay for it in our fare.

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I dislike OBC from the cruise lines as it seems like I always need to try and spend it since, as we all know, we pay for it in our fare.

It's just like 'Doc Fees" when buying a car.   Built in profit.

I know this is about the classic package, but, my problem is that it seems like even if you get an upgraded package, most bars on the ship don't have very many, if any, of the 'upgraded', (in my case) beers at the bar!  I run into this all the time.

1 hour ago, rmalbers said:

I know this is about the classic package, but, my problem is that it seems like even if you get an upgraded package, most bars on the ship don't have very many, if any, of the 'upgraded', (in my case) beers at the bar!  I run into this all the time.

We have found if we frequent the same bar the staff will do their best to stock what we want within reason.  We have had the bartenders at the Martini Bar get out favorite champagne and they mark it with our name, so it is always available for us.  Now if I wanted a specific craft beer I would see if Craft Social, Cellars Masters, the Ensemble or Rendezvous could keep some on hand for you.

• Like 1