AmaWaterways 45-night River Cruise 2023

vada_9

Just saw this, thought I would share with you (if that is within the rules).

Announcing the first river journey of its kind, brought to you by the "Godfather of River Cruising," our very own Co-Founder, Rudi Schreiner: AmaWaterways' Seven River Journey Through Europe. The industry's most remarkable and longest river cruise ever will set sail in June of 2023. Stay tuned for more exciting updates and sign up for details at www.amawaterways.com/sevenriverjourney

It says it in my email. 46 night trip.

We are thrilled to announce our most remarkable experience on the rivers to date, brought to you by our very own Co-Founder, Rudi Schreiner: AmaWaterways' Seven River Journey Through Europe. Never before offered in the history of river cruising, this phenomenal 46-night exploration of Europe sails through fourteen fascinating countries and includes brand-new excursions as well as the exclusive experiences only AmaWaterways provides. Watch our video for a sneak preview and stay tuned for more!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gnome12 said:

It says it in my email. 46 night trip.

We are thrilled to announce our most remarkable experience on the rivers to date, brought to you by our very own Co-Founder, Rudi Schreiner: AmaWaterways' Seven River Journey Through Europe. Never before offered in the history of river cruising, this phenomenal 46-night exploration of Europe sails through fourteen fascinating countries and includes brand-new excursions as well as the exclusive experiences only AmaWaterways provides. Watch our video for a sneak preview and stay tuned for more!

Thanks!

I don't think that I would enjoy 46 nights on a river cruise ship. I would get bored by lack of evening options, unless they are overnighting in lots of places to let you get off and explore.

If it's a success, I hope they offer it again in 2024 and 2025.  Depending on price, it's something I may consider.  I have a "big" cruise already booked for 2023.

Have to agree with @gnome12, although not for the lack of entertainment, but for the fact that I think it would wear us out.  We like to be out morning and afternoon on tours, and while I loved the experience, I would think that after that long of a time you would start to have everything blur together. 

Of course, we need to see the itinerary, if there are a couple of nights in the same town where you can have more leisure time, and add in the few days of sailing during the day, it could be different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

If it's a success, I hope they offer it again in 2024 and 2025.  Depending on price, it's something I may consider.  I have a "big" cruise already booked for 2023.

I read somewhere from US$23000.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vada_9 said:

I read somewhere from US$23000.

😂🤣😲🤑

As a solo, it would most definitely be cost prohibitive, but I can dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogs4fun said:

Interesting concept. I could easily handle 46 days - just not on a boat. 

I'm not sure that I could handle 46 days, but it would be easier on a boat than having to truck my luggage from place to place.

On another topic, one would hope that a certain amount of laundry would be provided over this length of time.

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

I'm not sure that I could handle 46 days, but it would be easier on a boat than having to truck my luggage from place to place.

I have spent as long as three months in Europe and absolutely loved it - I like to spend time on what most interests me. I didn't truck my luggage from place to place on a daily basis as I spent between 3 days to a week in any given location. My 'trick' was to pack smart and light. I found local laundries when the need arose.

46 days on a boat would be far too confining for me with scant time spent in each area - fine for a 7 to 10 day cruise but not 46. JMHO 🙂

Edited by dogs4fun

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to AMA 45-night River Cruise 2023

True. Such a journey does not work without transfer. You could do a 46 day journey on eight rivers without transfer, but not on an AmaWaterways ship. CroisiEurope could do take with a small ship.

I think I would crave home-cooked food after three weeks.

notamermaid

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

I have spent as long as three months in Europe and absolutely loved it - I like to spend time on what most interests me. I didn't truck my luggage from place to place on a daily basis as I spent between 3 days to a week in any given location. My 'trick' was to pack smart and light. I found local laundries when the need arose.

46 days on a boat would be far too confining for me with scant time spent in each area - fine for a 7 to 10 day cruise but not 46. JMHO 🙂

The most I have spent is 6 weeks but it was land. I would be willing to do this (but can't afford it) to give me exposure of areas where I haven't been just so I know where I would want to return at a later time. I am still working so I don't mind an overview.....

Though I can't afford this so it is only dreaming.

Perhaps in the future they can use one ship for a mosey from Amsterdam to the Black Sea, nosing up the Moselle and back and up the Rhine and back.  Wouldn't cover '7 rivers' but would be a Grand Tour beyond anything other cruise lines are offering.

• Like 1

On an ocean yes with sea days.  On a river without entertainment and no days off to rest I doubt we’d be interested.  We did 14 nights on the river plus 1 night before and 2 after.  By the last day we were utterly exhausted, our feet hurt and we got grumpy with each other.  We skipped a planned tour the last afternoon in Amsterdam because we just couldn’t do anymore.  We had had only a morning and a separate afternoon to sit and rest the whole trip.   I’d do it again but not any longer then 21 days for sure. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

On an ocean yes with sea days.  On a river without entertainment and no days off to rest I doubt we’d be interested.  We did 14 nights on the river plus 1 night before and 2 after.  By the last day we were utterly exhausted, our feet hurt and we got grumpy with each other.  We skipped a planned tour the last afternoon in Amsterdam because we just couldn’t do anymore.  We had had only a morning and a separate afternoon to sit and rest the whole trip.   I’d do it again but not any longer then 21 days for sure. 

I would think a 45-night river cruise would need to have a different pace and routine to it.  I wonder if there will be overnights where the ship doesn't move, and passengers would go off the ship for evening entertainment?  Guess we'll find out in a few days.  

57 minutes ago, Roz said:

I would think a 45-night river cruise would need to have a different pace and routine to it.  I wonder if there will be overnights where the ship doesn't move, and passengers would go off the ship for evening entertainment?  Guess we'll find out in a few days.  

That is my thought on this cruise too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

I loved the overnights on my 2 river cruises. Going out at night is definitely worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I am not into sea days anymore. I did book a TA ocean cruise plus a British Isles and Paris post cruise trip last year (that didn't happen). I thought the sea days would be fine as they were at the end of the semester but normally don't book a cruise for this unless they are viewing days such as Glacier Bay, etc...

Maybe once I am retired but I want to take advantage of after vacation day to see something.