2021 sailings

I've noticed that 3 other cruise companies are doing round Britain cruises from various ports later this year.  Just wondering whether Marella will be doing the same.  I think we would be interested if all goes well with the vaccine roll out and the cases drop right down, passengers should be free to disembark at British ports where as this may not be the case abroad.

19 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Sound's good to me but still wondering if any ships will sail this year P&O have just cancelled my brothers August cruise 🙄

Yes I believe they have cancelled cruises abroad but are putting on some UK cruises  instead, itineraries to be announced. We are waiting to see.  We loved  Shetland when we cruised there so would welcome an itinerary that included Orkney and other islands or Belfast. 

4 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Yes I believe they have cancelled cruises abroad but are putting on some UK cruises  instead, itineraries to be announced. We are waiting to see.  We loved  Shetland when we cruised there so would welcome an itinerary that included Orkney and other islands or Belfast. 

Sounds good dronnygirl  but  the likes of  P&O   Princess   Marella  Fred   Cunard would all like a piece of the cake, you could base a ship in Liverpool and one in Southampton.

I guess Marella are still hoping that some of their cruises will go ahead this year, probaby don't want to cancel a ships itineraries to put on a UK season only to find they could of gone ahead anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

It would be really nice to believe that was reason but the old cynic in me thinks they are holding onto our money for as long as they can and also collect the final payments. Its a business so its to be expected unfortunately 😣

I'd love to disagree but sadly I fear you're correct, most of the cruise lines are the same, we're due to sail with Royal Caribbean in May, never going to happen

Edited by Mike.S

21 hours ago, Miller Cruiser said:

Would happily do a round Britain cruise. Have looked at Fred, and am now waiting for P and O and Princess to release details. Would still prefer a Marella cruise though. Keep safe everyone. We seem to have light at the end of the tunnel.

Full details have not yet been released but publicity from both P&O and Princess heavily suggests that there will not be any port calls made - just 'scenic cruising'. Guernsey has already announced that it is closed to cruise ships this year. Maybe other small ports in, for instance, Scotland, will go the same way?

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Full details have not yet been released but publicity from both P&O and Princess heavily suggests that there will not be any port calls made - just 'scenic cruising'. Guernsey has already announced that it is closed to cruise ships this year. Maybe other small ports in, for instance, Scotland, will go the same way?

It's a very different world now and I honestly believe it will be a very long time before we are able to return to the freedom of cruises that we have experienced in the past. 

On 3/6/2021 at 3:46 PM, Pensioncruiser said:

It would be really nice to believe that was reason but the old cynic in me thinks they are holding onto our money for as long as they can and also collect the final payments. Its a business so its to be expected unfortunately 😣

Pardon the pun P but your bang on the money

We,ll have to depart with a £640 balance at the end of this month for a cruise we think is doubtful to go ahead although we have fingers,toes and whatever else crossed it does

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

It's a very different world now and I honestly believe it will be a very long time before we are able to return to the freedom of cruises that we have experienced in the past. 

Have MSC not resumed or will be very soon cruising the Med?

39 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

Have MSC not resumed or will be very soon cruising the Med?

Come on Jim you've probably been cruising as long as we have you known it will not be as was, still be OK but lots of time on balcony and fixed excursions, no mixing for meals or evening entertainment, hopefully I am proven wrong but I remember last March when I muted that it would probably be Sep this year before we would cruise again which was poo pood, sounds a bit negative I know. 

The price situation, we are still waitng for £1400 from a last March cancellation this was prior to them sorting the refunds out. 🙄

Oh P I wasnt questioning your views on future cruising I actually agree with you.I was merely posing a question 😁

Nothing short of scandalous your still waiting on for a refund from last March

Edited by Jim The Scot

On 3/3/2021 at 9:34 PM, dronnygirl said:

I've noticed that 3 other cruise companies are doing round Britain cruises from various ports later this year.  Just wondering whether Marella will be doing the same.  I think we would be interested if all goes well with the vaccine roll out and the cases drop right down, passengers should be free to disembark at British ports where as this may not be the case abroad.

I would be happy to do a round the UK and Ireland cruise but only if they were available to sail from different ports around the country eg. Greenock, Liverpool, Newcastle, 

Cruising will be very different from what we know and love and not sure when they will start up again but get the feeling there won't be any for a while yet. 

One cruise company has sailings from Rosyth and Liverpool from 5 days upwards. Some only have a few ports of call but are sailing between the islands like Mull.  Sounds interesting and the ships are very small, similar to Spirit. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:31 PM, dronnygirl said:

One cruise company has sailings from Rosyth and Liverpool from 5 days upwards. Some only have a few ports of call but are sailing between the islands like Mull.  Sounds interesting and the ships are very small, similar to Spirit. 

Thanks. I've had a look at this one Dronnygirl . Looks good but I'll hold off booking just yet till we get more info from the government on travel.