Vaccine Requirement News

7 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

And who exactly is going to figure out the card is forged?  Let's say, for the sake of argument...

A) Person A has a faked immunization card (which is not really hard to do).

B) Person A uses that fake card to:

• Go on a cruise
  • Attend a ballgame
  • Go to college

No one is even going to do more than take a quick look at the card.  But, let's say Person A comes down with Covid, or someone Person A was around comes down with Covid.

Do you REALLY think someone will think "hey, this card might be faked, let's start tracking down the information (that may or may not be available)!"  Or will they think "Person A fell in the 5% of people who the vaccine doesn't work for."?

Again, just because you get the vaccine does NOT mean you won't get Covid.  It reduces the possibility (but not to 0) and reduces severity.  Doesn't mean you can't get it and test positive. 

If person A gets very sick with Covid symptoms, that will be cause to determine if the vaccine card was forged.

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If you did not give you medicare or other insurance card then it is being paid directly out of federal covid funds. 

We weren't even asked for insurance info and the form we filled out to schedule our appointments didn't ask for insurance info. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

A covid vaccine record  has been loaded into state websites.  I dont work for the cruise line but I would think if it is an issue with an falsified vaccine record, the medical personnel on the ship may be able to verify using a titer draw or checking state records if from US.  

Here is how your vaccination is tracked.......

Immunization Registry

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We weren't even asked for insurance info and the form we filled out to schedule our appointments didn't ask for insurance info. 

I had mine at a hospital. They asked for my card but they would have given the vaccine without insurance. Hospitals, pharmacies, places that normally take insurance will ask for your card if you have one.They are set up to take insurance.  They probably get paid faster and less paperwork if they use an insurance card. County health departments and mass sites don't usually ask for insurance cards. Those sites have no system to process insurance cards. I think either way the government is paying.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

If person A gets very sick with Covid symptoms, that will be cause to determine if the vaccine card was forged.

Exactly because the data needs to be sent to the manufacturer for determining efficacy. If someone comes down with Covid after being fully vaccinated, that will go into the database that is tracking efficacy for full authorization.

8 hours ago, boscobeans said:

NO... But there was a series of ORAL questions asking about your health care coverage, , the name and policy numbers, along with ORAL questions about your general health and also a VERBAL disclaimer with the warnings..  If you experienced anything different you should report it to the C.D.C. because that would be a violation in the immunization protocol.

We are both fully vaccinated and registered online thru our county dept of health.    At the time we got the email to schedule our appt. I didnt have insurance card to input policy number online.  It let me skip over and schedule.

No one at the vaccine site asked for insurance.  

We were given a paper with less than 10 questions to answer about medical.  Majority of them were covid related questions or asked if any allergies.  No other medical details were asked of either of us.   Except was I pregnant or breastfeeding.  

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are both fully vaccinated and registered online thru our county dept of health.    At the time we got the email to schedule our appt. I didnt have insurance card to input policy number online.  It let me skip over and schedule.

No one at the vaccine site asked for insurance.  

We were given a paper with less than 10 questions to answer about medical.  Majority of them were covid related questions or asked if any allergies.  No other medical details were asked of either of us.   Except was I pregnant or breastfeeding.  

Same, scheduled own appt, questionnaire was are you Pregnant, Breastfeeding, Allergies. Didnt sign anything and my Insurance has not received info of Vaccines, Primary Care Physician has no records from the shots. Also filled out my Shot Card personal info myself day of 2nd shot

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 hours ago, jean87510 said:

After seeing some of these replies, I have a pretty good idea of who possibly is an expert in smuggling booze on a ship.

It also confirms my belief that they outlawed the Darwin Affect several years back; cant believe I missed the memo about that.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The federal government will not mandate the use of vaccine passports for travelers or businesses post-pandemic, President Biden's chief medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told the Politico Dispatch podcast Monday.

Looks like the vaccination issue can be put to bed. Good.

I bet the cruise lines are happy about this also.

That's all well an good for people coming into the United States but what about the countries the ships go to that may require vaccine passports or something similar to enter their country?

2 hours ago, LeeRB said:

That's all well an good for people coming into the United States but what about the countries the ships go to that may require vaccine passports or something similar to enter their country?

And it's becoming more apparent everyday that a number of EU countries are going to require some kind of proof of vaccination upon entry.

12 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

If there is no insurance, the govt pays for it.  I’m not sure if it’s state or federal.

Don't know if it right or wrong, but I was told when I got my shots,  that it will be charged back to the insurance/medicare.

13 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I asked my kids yesterday both are nurses and both had to show they insurance card.

I don't know how things are handled in your state.    

In oHIo the providers are charging anywhere from $18.50 to now what I see is $30

Here is our experience with the vaccine in Ohio:

1.  My mom, who is 80, received her vaccine at a pharmacy in Feb.  She had to show her Medicare card and fill-out out a form with a signature.  When she went to her family doctor a couple weeks ago, they already had a record that she had been vaccinated.

2.  My husband and I, who are 50, received our first vaccine two-weeks ago at the Ohio fair grounds.  We only showed our driver licenses.  We were told to bring our insurance cards, but when we got there we were told they didn't need them.  We also didn't sign anything.

Requirements seem to vary by location.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lady President said:

Here is our experience with the vaccine in Ohio:

1.  My mom, who is 80, received her vaccine at a pharmacy in Feb.  She had to show her Medicare card and fill-out out a form with a signature.  When she went to her family doctor a couple weeks ago, they already had a record that she had been vaccinated.

2.  My husband and I, who are 50, received our first vaccine two-weeks ago at the Ohio fair grounds.  We only showed our driver licenses.  We were told to bring our insurance cards, but when we got there we were told they didn't need them.  We also didn't sign anything.

Requirements seem to vary by location.

I got my shots at CVS in Bluffton, OH.  We had to drive 130 miles because when my age group opened up, (70), there wasn't anything closer.  I believe when I pre-registered on-line, I provided my insurance information.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Don't know if it right or wrong, but I was told when I got my shots,  that it will be charged back to the insurance/medicare.

From various local news channels and newspaper everything I have read says insurance/medicare will not be charged for the vaccine but will be charged an administrative fee to pay for the service.       

But we never gave our insurance info so I guess the government paid.

Ultimately, us the taxpayers are paying for it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From various local news channels and newspaper everything I have read says insurance/medicare will not be charged for the vaccine but will be charged an administrative fee to pay for the service.       

But we never gave our insurance info so I guess the government paid.

Ultimately, us the taxpayers are paying for it.

Never heard that 

The payouts from Medicare are different which is odd.  

Here is my wife's I didn't get mine from Walgreens show It will be interesting to see what my provider charged and received.

Walgreen.png

I would think the U.S. could/would set up a COVID vaccine database where an individual can request to "opt in" if they want to show proof of vaccination for entities that require it. I imagine something similar to sending digital college transcripts where the information is only transferred at request (only analogy I could think of!) 

I'm sure some vaccine sites may not have the ability to digitally interface but there could be a manual process as a backup for those places. It would be voluntary. I do not agree with mandatory vaccines or proof thereof within the U.S. but a foreign country gets to decide what they require.  

I want to travel so I'm getting it. I'm scheduled to get my shot through the VA this week so I know my information will be recorded by the federal government!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Never heard that 

The payouts from Medicare are different which is odd.  

Here is my wife's I didn't get mine from Walgreens show It will be interesting to see what my provider charged and received.

Walgreen.png

Both of your summaries do show $35 charge for vaccine administration so I guess what I heard is correct.   

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Both of your summaries do show $35 charge for vaccine administration so I guess what I heard is correct.   

Yes if you read back we have said it was administration  , and the shot cost you nothing.  

At the end of the day there was no out of pocket cost to anyone getting the vaccine.

Marcs.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Yes if you read back we have said it was administration  , and the shot cost you nothing.  

At the end of the day there was no out of pocket cost to anyone getting the vaccine.

Marcs.jpg

Yes, no out of pocket fee to anyone.

But ultimately us taxpayers are paying for both the vaccine and the admin fee thru our federal and state taxes.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, no out of pocket fee to anyone.

But ultimately us taxpayers are paying for both the vaccine and the admin fee thru our federal and state taxes.  

YES

• Like 2