Vaccine Requirement News

On 3/30/2021 at 12:43 PM, ONECRUISER said:

No SSN asked and even asked if I wanted info send to my Drs ect or not. Had 12 places ask me schedule in 14days, after first shot, even went online see if could have schedule multiple appts. Vaccine Card received doesn't even have my name on it, just Vaccine info. That one was the surprise. Vaccines(except kids) required to Cruise this Summer Yes, later on into Regular Cruises Nope. Don't see this Vaccine ever 100% Mandate, at least in US. This isnt like Kids requiring Vaccines/Card for school, they dont even require Influenza even though that killed more minors in last yr then Covid.

If your name wasn’t even on the card then someone was slacking.

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If your name wasn’t even on the card then someone was slacking.

Yeah as said before my Vaccine Card didnt even have any my name/Info on it, just Vaccine Name and date of. Others on here said same. Sure I'm not only one, think Homeless and uninsured or those without a Primary Dr. I had now 15 different places call me get shot, was on 16 lists. I picked first place/date

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Only place has my name, name of Vaccine and dates of Shots is place gave them. They didnt ask SS#, Dr or Insurance Plan. Just checked again, no records of Vaccine on my Insurance Plan and none on my Primary Care Records.

In most states the healthcare provider that administered the vaccination is required to maintain records. The card is more for your info and has an appointment reminder on the back and the front side with shot info is for if you have adverser reaction and need to seek medical care.

Most states require providing a mailing/physical address and some form of ID.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

In most states the healthcare provider that administered the vaccination is required to maintain records. The card is more for your info and has an appointment reminder on the back and the front side with shot info is for if you have adverser reaction and need to seek medical care.

Most states require providing a mailing/physical address and some form of ID.

Where I'm was the County was doing first, I went to Pharmacy. Sure they have my info, but besides Vaccine Name/Date for me all they have is Age/Name/Address I gave them. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 4/3/2021 at 7:19 PM, jean87510 said:

I question the stupidity of someone forging a card possibly to get on a cruise.  Here's a scenario.  You get a negative covid test 72 hrs pre cruise.  You travel to the cruise and possibly get covid in those 72 hrs.  Then you are on the ship and either start showing symptoms or you are tested positive prior to disembarking for your travel home.  You now have to explain about that faked vaccine card.  Is it really worth it?  

For you and I no it wouldn’t be worth it. You would be surprised how many people do things and have the mentality that they will never get caught. People who are totally against the vaccines and want to cruise I’m sure there will be some who will do it. People have done worse with the same stupid mentality.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:37 PM, boscobeans said:

N.Y. issues what they call an Excelsior pass.

It has a complex type of QR scan code that has all your vaccine information and can only be issued after you answer several specific questions concerning your vaccination history and must be presented with govt. issued photo id.

It must be renewed every 30 days.

excelsior_pass_32621_2.jpg

I like that, but what a PITA to have to renew it every 30 days.

My husband was supposed to get his second shot tomorrow at Publix.  They called him today and asked if he could come in now because so many people didn't show up for their appointments today they were going to have to throw out doses.  Maybe they went to the walk in clinic that they are holding every day this week instead.  It won't be long before any one in my county who wants a shot will have been able to get one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Only place has my name, name of Vaccine and dates of Shots is place gave them. They didnt ask SS#, Dr or Insurance Plan. Just checked again, no records of Vaccine on my Insurance Plan and none on my Primary Care Records.

Your state health department has all the information. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, broberts said:

There is evidence that suggests population density affects infection rates and deaths. So I wouldn't assume that because South Dakota (11 people/sq.mi) did not lock down New Jersey (1,218 people/sq.mi.) should have done the same.

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

And yet, as sure as I'm sitting here, I can PROMISE you that I read more than one observer find a period in which SD had a spike in cases and the person proclaimed "A-ha! Just shows having no lockdown doesn't work"! There has been so much cherrypicking and discrediting of facts that are inconvenient to the speaker, it's absolutely ludicrous. I do agree with your last sentence, however. That's encouraging news, to be sure.

Good points. 

States (and counties) vary in population density, age, income distribution, climate, medical infrastructure, etc.

So it's hard to conclude much about lockdowns from state/county comparisons using only raw case/death data. A scientific conclusion probably requires statistical control of these other factors. 

Even timeline data for a single county are problematic.  Lockdowns often happen when cases rise, so a graph showing that cases continue to rise after the lockdown doesn't prove that the lockdown didn't have an effect.  Case rate might have risen even faster without the lockdown.

I know it's tempting to say 'hey, my anti-lockdown state has an infection history, etc. better than New York/California, so lockdowns don't work'. But that's probably not scientifically valid without the proper analysis to back it up.

Same story for pro-lockdown arguments from raw infection data only.

But I'm far from an expert on lockdown studies.  If someone on this board knows of a current comprehensive review of articles in refereed journals on the issue of lockdowns and covid infection spread, I'd be interested.

Meanwhile, many non-political Americans probably make the common-sense assumption that failing to lock down last winter saved jobs and businesses but produced many more in-person contacts, much more covid spread and many additional deaths.

I hope people are intellectually honest enough to include both deaths and business losses in their assessment of lockdowns instead of rationalizing their position by trying to minimize one or the other using misleading data.

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Sure. Repeat, not complaining, just stating Fact no Record like everything else been sent to my Dr's or threw my Insurance. They only have my name at place got Vaccine, never been there before, even have one address I stayed at, not even one I'm living now. Any time I've had Flu shot in one of half Dozen States info was sent to my Dr Office and shows on my Insurance, both in a different State. Covid Shots did not

if you don't mind me asking, what state are you in?  There is a way you can check with your state.  Some dr offices do not have the capability to print a vaccine record.  But there are other places that can.  A helpful link to look at is the following:  

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.go

Edited by jean87510

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah as said before my Vaccine Card didnt even have any my name/Info on it, just Vaccine Name and date of. Others on here said same. Sure I'm not only one, think Homeless and uninsured or those without a Primary Dr. I had now 15 different places call me get shot, was on 16 lists. I picked first place/date

So, if you applied at 16 different sites, didn't you have to provide them some information. 🤔

And when you got the shot, did you have to show an ID?

We did a lot of information at Walgreens to get ours. Even had to create an online account

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, if you applied at 16 different sites, didn't you have to provide them some information. 🤔

We did a lot of information at Walgreens to get ours. Even had to create an online account

We got our covid shots through the city of Nashville, TN..   Dh says we showed drivers license but agrees no insurance info given.  Different from giving CVS our insurance info when we get our flu shots.

7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We got our covid shots through the city of Nashville, TN..   Dh says we showed drivers license but agrees no insurance info given.  Different from giving CVS our insurance info when we get our flu shots.

So you just showed up and waited in line. 

No appointment?

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So you just showed up and waited in line. 

No appointment?

Sorry, yes we had appointments.  At the civic center.  Our age group,  over 70, was able to start scheduling on February 12th.  Logged on about 9:30 am and had our choice of times.  Chose the 14th between 12 and 2.  Arrived at 12:10.  On our way home at 1.  Would have been finished earlier but I have allergies to some meds so had to wait 30 minutes after shot instead of usual 15.  2nd shot also went easy.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Sorry, yes we had appointments.  At the civic center.  Our age group,  over 70, was able to start scheduling on February 12th.  Logged on about 9:30 am and had our choice of times.  Chose the 14th between 12 and 2.  Arrived at 12:10.  On our way home at 1.  Would have been finished earlier but I have allergies to some meds so had to wait 30 minutes after shot instead of usual 15.  2nd shot also went easy.

I'm guessing you had to give some basic info when you visited the appointment site.

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing you had to give some basic info when you visited the appointment site.

Very basic info.  Gave them medical info at the vaccination site.  

Went back and looked at email they sent confirming appointment.   Gave them dob, address, phone numbers,  sex, ethnicity, but no insurance info.  

Edited by njkruzer
Added info
  • Thanks 1

Same here, when I registered online with county dept of health in January.  I answered general questions and gave name, dob and email address.  I dont remember inputting our home address.

5 weeks later got email with link to schedule appt at one of the county vaccine sites being held at a community college.  

Never gave our insurance info, never gave our SSN,  guy at front door asked to see photo id/drivers license to simply confirm we were who was on his list.  Went inside and answered basic health questions, got vaccinated, move over to waiting area and scheduling of 2nd appt.  

Same process when we showed up for 2nd appt.  Just show guy at front door our license and in the door we went.

Only difference was people there for first dose now had a choice which vaccine they wanted and they gave you a purple sticker for pfizer or green for moderna.

I was told by someone there we should call our doc and let them know we are fully vaccinated.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Other then am I Breast Feeding, Pregnant, Smoker and age nope and putting name on lists(in Dec/Jan) not much else, 3 County Health Offices in 3 different Counties,  Hospitals, local pharmacies, one regional Grocery. Did get both shots same place. ID is funny thing, my DL Enhanced, they allowed me in Feb renew it online and without new Picture due to Covid. Guess will use same from 4yrs ago. Waiting on it & probably arrived in MI(I'm in AZ), going back June 1. Twice had Truck Tabs sent here by MI Secretary of State Office and were lost. So I have a Temp DL w/o picture I printed online, just piece paper. When got my Vaccine used my VA ID. They just looked at it, returned it w/o copying any info

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1

In oHIo there is a House Bill 6 on the news 

Part of that bill allows places to hire High School students who are in med programs at their schools to help handle paper work at vaccine locations. 

29 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

In oHIo there is a House Bill 6 on the news 

Part of that bill allows places to hire High School students who are in med programs at their schools to help handle paper work at vaccine locations. 

Yeah I remember last June first major CV Testing Site in Mid-Michigan was using Retired Medical field and Dental Asst's but also 1st yr Medical Students from Colleges. Same place been doing Drive Threw Vaccines since XMAS inside a now closed 8 bay old Sears Auto. And now CV testing highest ever been in MI Friday they moved Vaccines inside the old Sears Building leaving the 8 Bay 2-3 Cars in each for Testing only. Busy Busy

Edited by ONECRUISER

Here in the UK have asked 45-50s to apply for Vaccine. Our infections and death are down to the levels seen last Sep. 

Shops, pubs and restaurants open (latter two for sitting outside only)

This time last April was the peak for the 1st Wave, so goes to show that lovk downs and Jabs do work.

State of PA opened up to vaccinating anyone 16 or older.   Not sure who was getting J and J in my area.  First it was reserved for teachers only, then being used for restaurant and transportation workers.  

I wonder if this new issue has anything to do with the fact a plant in Baltimore had mixed up ingredients for astra zeneca with j and j vaccines. Maybe they did not get all batches recalled in time.

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont seem to be able to find it on google but tv just said it crossed the wire JnJ vaccines have been put on pause. The stock market believes it. Dow futures dropped to down 100 as soon as the news hit.

Here are dow futures. And rcl trading down.

As above didnt see on google yet, but the market shows it. Hopefully not the start of a wicked sell off as stocks are a bit overvalued. This affects economy reopening and rcl resuming.

Rcl already off $2.50 a share pre market. 

20210413_063815.jpg