Vaccine Requirement News

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Where I'm was the County was doing first, I went to Pharmacy. Sure they have my info, but besides Vaccine Name/Date for me all they have is Age/Name/Address I gave them. 

That is all that is needed to eventually link back to the central state ran database. Unfortunately, some doctor's offices are behind in the times and their system predates the being able to automatically query the state databases. Also some states having trouble with getting data entered into the database due to bad/cheep design choices and have suspended or reduced how often the automatic provider side bulk patient queries will provide returns. This is so the state system can handle the number of incoming vaccine updates.  Also, at most vaccine sites, the records are paper and the database updates are happening later with staff that are specifically trained on data entry.

Don't think of the electronic medical records system as a smooth running system but as multiple data bases ranging from stuff created in the 1990s to modern systems and everything is patched together with various degrees of success thanks to programmers creating 1 off scripts.

41 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

DeSantis doesn't really want cruising to restart in Florida, he says no to mandatory vaccines for eligible cruise passengers.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-silversea-cruises-to-require-vaccinations-20210412-7ok6fwabpndc5aop6oyla5tgvq-story.html

The only way his order could be enforced for cruises is on the river/dinner cruises that never leave Florida waters. He doesn't have ANY authority under interstate, international or maritime law. His executive order is the equivalent of an old man yelling at a cloud.

old.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ArthurUSCG said:

The only way his order could be enforced for cruises is on the river/dinner cruises that never leave Florida waters. He doesn't have ANY authority under interstate, international or maritime law. His executive order is the equivalent of an old man yelling at a cloud.

old.jpg

Only time will tell if he persists in this nonsense.

Just now, Mapleleafforever said:

As a Canadian I can't wait until his Presidential run, your politics have been way too boring lately. 

And I'm loving the boring, life is gradually getting back to normal, the only thing I miss is not coming over the border to see our neighbors to the north.

When we lived in NB in the 80's, the people at the hospital where I worked were convinced I would be expert in gunshots, because of all the crime they saw on the news from the US. I couldn't convince them our town had one murder in 22 years...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

DeSantis doesn't really want cruising to restart in Florida, he says no to mandatory vaccines for eligible cruise passengers.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-silversea-cruises-to-require-vaccinations-20210412-7ok6fwabpndc5aop6oyla5tgvq-story.html

He may just have to edit his executive order if he wants cruises to restart out of FL ports.    From a legal stand point I understand him not wanting businesses to require vaccinated people, but cruise ships is a whole different world than other travel businesses out of florida.   

Having everyone vaccinated on a cruise ship is probably going to be the only way the cdc will allow them to restart out of the US.

I doubt desantis wants a ship full of sick passengers quarantining in his state.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I dont seem to be able to find it on google but tv just said it crossed the wire JnJ vaccines have been put on pause. The stock market believes it. Dow futures dropped to down 100 as soon as the news hit.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just announced that the US is  pausing  the use of J and J due to potential blood clots. That can't be good news for getting things back to normal

6 blood clots out of 1.6 million vaccines, no deaths.  Seems like a bit of an over reaction to halt distribution.  I don't expect it will last long, an advisory committee will review the data later this week, and distribution will restart I believe.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

6 blood clots out of 1.6 million vaccines, no deaths.  Seems like a bit of an over reaction to halt distribution.  I don't expect it will last long, an advisory committee will review the data later this week, and distribution will restart I believe.

Not 1.6 million it is 6.8 million 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/health/johnson-vaccine-pause-cdc-fda/index.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

What shots are 100% safe ?

From observation, some are expecting the outcomes to be “zero” infections/spread/etc. or the restrictions shall continue.  Such absolutes seem unworkable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, logan25 said:

From observation, some are expecting the outcomes to be “zero” infections/spread/etc. or the restrictions shall continue.  Such absolutes seem unworkable.

When you have an "expert" saying you still can't go out to eat, etc even if you've been fully vaccinated, that doesn't help.  And, yes, so many don't understand vaccines at all nor do they care to do any research.  They want soundbites.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

While I agree with you it seems like the stock market is looking for a reason to sell off. One of these days the sell off keeps going. Its climbing a wall of worry with inflation fears, michigan seems to be having spiking. Michigan asked for more doses and cdc says no, they don't act immediately which sounded dumb to me. They act in a couple weeks to help. Sounded good to me to give them some extra, but now we see why they cant, so maybe this was known.

If lock downs worked the states numbers would show it. I wish the cdc would review science, as Michigan is talking shut downs again which has been proven not to work, look at the numbers. Vaccines work. 

Seeing the climb in cases in Michigan and ny nj and there were a couple more states spiking isnt good for cruises reopening. 

53 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

6.8 million one death one in critical condition

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition.

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

While I agree with you it seems like the stock market is looking for a reason to sell off. One of these days the sell off keeps going. Its climbing a wall of worry with inflation fears, michigan seems to be having spiking. Michigan asked for more doses and cdc says no, they don't act immediately which sounded dumb to me. They act in a couple weeks to help. Sounded good to me to give them some extra, but now we see why they cant, so maybe this was known.

If lock downs worked the states numbers would show it. I wish the cdc would review science, as Michigan is talking shut downs again which has been proven not to work, look at the numbers. Vaccines work. 

Seeing the climb in cases in Michigan and ny nj and there were a couple more states spiking isnt good for cruises reopening. 

Michigan is showing highest cases in children than anywhere.  They are also showing the largest number of the uk variant.  

Nj/ny teeter back and forth like other states now that everyone is out with beautiful weather.  Those numbers will decline as more and more are vaccinated.  

The pause of j and j is a setback and maybe they will set new rules on who can get j and j like some other countries are doing with astra zeneca that has same blood clot issues.

So happy, so far, my family received pfizer vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Kind of like the odds of dying of the plandemic?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

State of PA opened up to vaccinating anyone 16 or older.   Not sure who was getting J and J in my area.  First it was reserved for teachers only, then being used for restaurant and transportation workers.  

I wonder if this new issue has anything to do with the fact a plant in Baltimore had mixed up ingredients for astra zeneca with j and j vaccines. Maybe they did not get all batches recalled in time.

Nothing to do with the plant issues.  The pause has to do with 6 blood clot cases in women less than 50 years old.  6 out of the millions of vaccines given.  The FDA and CDC have recommended the pause to further study the situation.  Some guidance has been given for those who had the J&J shot: watch for severe headaches or leg pain within the first 13 days after you had the shot.  Very rare condition, similar to that experienced with AZ vaccine.  

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

...and now they're making noises about Moderna having excessive adverse affects.  Seems like Pfizer is trying to take out its competition.

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Nothing to do with the plant issues.  The pause has to do with 6 blood clot cases in women less than 50 years old.  6 out of the millions of vaccines given.  The FDA and CDC have recommended the pause to further study the situation.  Some guidance has been given for those who had the J&J shot: watch for severe headaches or leg pain within the first 13 days after you had the shot.  Very rare condition, similar to that experienced with AZ vaccine.  

Some countries have set restrictions on who gets the AZ vaccine, maybe the US will do the same with J&J vaccine.     As you said it is very rare but it also doesn't help having this issue with millions of people already on the fence on whether or not to get vaccinated.    At least Doctors now know how to treat this should someone show up in the ER with the symptoms.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

6.8 million one death one in critical condition

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition.

My question would be how many of them are on the pill?  The pill is known to cause blood clots in some women and maybe the vaccine enhanced that issue.  Just a thought.

• Like 4

So surprised many of you are interested in statistics all of a sudden !  

6 out of 7,000,000ish.  

Anyone know how common blood clots are with taking birth control?  Wifey tells me 1 out of 1000... Look it up and correct her.  

They either know more than leading on, or are just idiots.   Personally, I think they are idiots.

Many of you are Team Save Every Life - how does this land with you?  

The optics of this are astounding to me!!!