Wheel chair on MSC Ocean Cay Private Island

Hangman115

Greetings,

Has anyone used a wheelchair on MSC's Private Island.  MSD Ocean Cay Marine Resewrve in the Bahamas.

I can see, from looking at their website. They have a paved path around the island for their golf carts and such.  What I do not see are area where one could ride their electric wheelchair in areas off the path. Loke to the beach and to many activities the island offers.

My question is how deep is the sand when getting off the paved path. I live next to a beach in Florida.  I know my wheelchair will get stuck  very promptly in the sand so my question has anyone, who has mobility issues, had any experiencees on MSC Ocean Cay Marine.

My next three bookings are on MSC. All three sailings stop at this Private Island.  With the MSC Safety Bubble, it looks like the Private Island will be the ONLT port I will be allowed off on  among the 7 ports of call on my bookings. I would to get off the ship if at all possible. So asing has anyone had wheelchair or mobility scooter experience on thos island.

TIA

I have used my mobility scooter on Ocean Cay.  Easy to get off the ship and to travel around the island to just sightsee on their paved path.                                    However, I would not have been able to drive through the sand.  Also, it would have been a very difficult walk on the sand to the water as the sand is not the compact type we sometimes see in the U.S.  

Still, I would encourage you to get off the ship.  The buffet restaurant and shopping were accessible, and I was also able to ride their small tram to the end of the island and back- a very short ride. Also, you'll still be able to see the small Junkanoo Parade they have at night along with the Laser show. 

But, nope, no way to get down to the water.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

I have used my mobility scooter on Ocean Cay.  Easy to get off the ship and to travel around the island to just sightsee on their paved path.                                    However, I would not have been able to drive through the sand.  Also, it would have been a very difficult walk on the sand to the water as the sand is not the compact type we sometimes see in the U.S.  

Still, I would encourage you to get off the ship.  The buffet restaurant and shopping were accessible, and I was also able to ride their small tram to the end of the island and back- a very short ride. Also, you'll still be able to see the small Junkanoo Parade they have at night along with the Laser show. 

But, nope, no way to get down to the water.  

Thank you. I can walk a few feet. Less than 59 with great diffuculty.  It looks like Ocean Cay is the only stop I can get off at. The other ports do not have wheelchair accesible shore excursions has of yet. My wheelchair does go 12 to 15 miles on a full charge. I will bring my charger just in case. If I can find a 110 outlet on the island for a brief recharge.

Thanks for your advice.