Planning materials for future Viking Cruises and CruiseTours

CharTrav

During the down time lo these many months, I've been creatively wasting my time digging into all the cruises and cruise tours currently offered by Viking -- Expedition, River, and Ocean -- and making up a planning document for each of the ones we're considering.  This has involved gathering together everything I can copy from the Viking site and adding things like yearly climate data and, sometimes, if an extension involves multiple locations, a map to illustrate the travels. I've created a folder in DropBox within my existing General Viking Stuff folder called Future Cruises and uploaded all the ones I've done so far (have a few more to add):

• Viking Expeditions: Antarctic Explorer, Arctic Adventure, Niagara & Great Lakes Explorer (Niagara & the Great Lakes + Great Lakes Explorer)
  • Viking Oceans: Amazon & Caribbean Adventure, South America & Chilean Fjords, Panama Canal & Coastal Holiday
  • Viking River: Chateaux, Rivers & Wine; Pharaohs & Pyramids; Lower Danube (Romantic Danube & Passage to Eastern Europe); Portugal's River of Gold; Magnificent Mekong; America's Great River; America's Heartland

Feel free to avail yourself of the material.  Follow the instructions provided in my signature box for downloading any of these PDF files.  Use this link (no DropBox account required) to access the Future Cruises folder and the files within: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bwjobbfvsa20tky/AABy0IUZ6CypNaqBTvBZ0J-0a?dl=0.

Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Just posted three more (Viking River Elegant Elbe, Christmas Along the Elbe, and Passage to Eastern Europe) along with updates to America's Great River & America's Heartland. Passage to Eastern Europe is part of the Lower Danube posted yesterday; however, it includes a different pre-extension entirely.

Please note that when I prepared Elegant Elbe last Fall, it was formatted using a more labor intensive day-by-day style.  When I got into doing this in a big way, it became obvious I needed to slim down my formatting style to something I could do fairly quickly.   The other four I posted today were done while I was working out the kinks in my present more compact formatting style.  The day-by-day and consolidated excursion formats are now reserved for trips we've booked.

Edited by CharTrav

• 2 weeks later...

A final addition plus a corrected version -- Viking Expeditions Canadian Discovery (new) and Niagara & the Great Lakes + Great Lakes Explorer (discovered some entry errors that fixed).  And that's it for now .. I'm not adding any more.

• 5 months later...

Last March, I really thought I was done .. but .. while I was updating Orion's schedule last week I got looking more closely at Alaska & the Inside Passage. Based on what I read, decided that perhaps I had made a mistake.  Our very first cruise was in 2011 with HAL to Alaska from Seward to Vancouver.  I had assumed Viking would do something similar so I didn't even consider doing this again; however I now realize that (a) Viking's Alaska & the Inside Passage does not follow the exact same route as our cruise did in 2011 and (b) I would appreciate the opportunity to do things I chose not to do at the time (e.g., do an excursion around the Kenai Peninsula).  So, I've added Alaska & the Inside Passage with the Pristine Alaska and Rocky Mountaineering Journey pre/post-extensions to my Future Cruises folder in DropBox. 

Enjoy!