Jump to content

If You Could Change Just One Thing?


Recommended Posts

Chair hogs.  Just drives me crazy to see chairs being saved and no one using them for hours.  They know they can get away with it.  So easy to enforce if Princess would make the effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Play nice, everyone...

End Strife. Lady Arwen wrote the problem in the OP.  The most often cause of dissension on the Princess board is the dress question on "formal" nights. Princess must take a stand to end strife. Either make dining casual or a formal requirement like Cunard.  But don't put ambiguity on vacationing passengers.

Saving seats in the theater or at the pools? Too bad people these days cannot be counted on the do the right thing when asked. This is why we have rules. Princess placates a few jerks and makes the rest unhappy. True, there are not enough seats in the theaters on the newer ships. That is Princess' design flaw. Fixing coping behavior is on them.

Edited by mtnesterz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Make a better effort to stop people from saving seats in the Princess Theater. 
One night a lady was saving 5 seats. She had a shoe, sweater, pocketbook, and a Jacket on the seats.

If she had to save 3 more seats she would have been naked.   Then her husband came and told her she was in the wrong place. 😳

I couldn’t stop laughing. 
Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Make a better effort to stop people from saving seats in the Princess Theater. 
One night a lady was saving 5 seats. She had a shoe, sweater, pocketbook, and a Jacket on the seats.

If she had to save 3 more seats she would have been naked.   Then her husband came and told her she was in the wrong place. 😳

I couldn’t stop laughing. 
Tony

Tony, I did laugh out loud!  You made my day, sir, thank you!  Still picturing the naked lady saving seats!  Lol!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loge23 said:

I agree with just about everything in this thread so far, so I'll add my little peeve: wine service.

Can we please get all available glasses or bottles of wine onboard in the MDR - and served (without asking, in a whisper, for a real wine glass) in a proper glass? Of course this would require dedicated wine/beverage service in the MDR which is sorely needed back again. It's a folly to have to run over to the Vines to get a good glass of wine while eating. 

While they're at it: include a Vines on all ships, please. The newer ones have apparently eliminated this popular spot.

 

 

Amen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

End Strife. Lady Arwen wrote the problem in the OP.  The most often cause of dissension on the Princess board is the dress question on "formal" nights. Princess must take a stand to end strife. Either make dining casual or a formal requirement like Cunard.  But don't put ambiguity on vacationing passengers.

Saving seats in the theater or at the pools? Too bad people these days cannot be counted on the do the right thing when asked. This is why we have rules. Princess placates a few jerks and makes the rest unhappy. True, there are not enough seats in the theaters on the newer ships. That is Princess' design flaw. Fixing coping behavior is on them.

Thanks, I did have that darn dress code in mind and I know from experience how contentious it can be.  As long as it doesn’t get personal, then I don’t mind hearing other folk’s views.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Good one!

My next two cruises are on Cunard partly because there is no longer a chair balcony cabins. Cunard actually has a sofa. Tired of talking about the chair. Ridiculous and they dont care. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Update the cabin bathrooms, just like you mentioned. But also with removable shower heads like they have on the new ships. 

 

Some consistency throughout the fleet should be nice. 🙂

Love the idea of removable shower heads on every ship. Those non removable heads & the lack of a sofa or even the chair in balcony rooms  brin g Princess down a notch or so in comparison to every other main stream line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

My next two cruises are on Cunard partly because there is no longer a chair balcony cabins. Cunard actually has a sofa. Tired of talking about the chair. Ridiculous and they dont care. 

Never sailed on Cunard.  Maybe we should take a look one day, but Ithink the price may be prohibitive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 minutes ago, richsea said:

    Love the idea of removable shower heads on every ship. Those non removable heads & the lack of a sofa or even the chair in balcony rooms  brin g Princess down a notch or so in comparison to every other main stream line.

    Agree

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought “formal” night was changed to “smart casual “  or is that a different cruise line?

i don’t care what anyone wears, but expect consistency in enforcement across the line. 
like the space, don’t need barrel chair. Desk chair & deluxe balcony sofa suits me. 
like $1.00 deposits 

I like most things about Princess ie: affordable balcony is why I choose them. However have had sofa on Celebrity, HAL & Royal Caribbean ships. 
at the point now that I’d like to see different ports offered. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrak said:

 

Saw this posted outside the dining room on Coral Princess. Sad that it had to be posted. Neither of these items should ever be allowed. (Shorts during breakfast or lunch are okay but not for dinner. It isn't Denny's...)

 

image.thumb.png.026bc0a65fa08c8bbe9093fcd99a0c62.png

But some ignore that having seen many wearing baseball caps , even women, in MDR and they are never stopped from entering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Drinks with a full shot of alcohol.

- Lights with USB ports.

- Better hair dryers.

- Longer times in ports 

- Decent sized lobster tails.

- Actual hot water for tea.

- Cold beer.

 

I would give up all of the above just to be sailing again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Never sailed on Cunard.  Maybe we should take a look one day, but Ithink the price may be prohibitive.

14 day canary islands in nov is about $5500.00 for two in a balcony cabin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Lower the volume !! 🤬🤯 

 

It's not really necessary for MUTS and the ships musicians to raise the sound level to 10,000 decibels. 

YES!!! He says screaming to the person next to him over the noise!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

- Drinks with a full shot of alcohol.

- Lights with USB ports.

- Better hair dryers.

- Longer times in ports 

- Decent sized lobster tails.

- Actual hot water for tea.

- Cold beer.

 

I would give up all of the above just to be sailing again.  

Now, that is my feeling, exactly!  Oh, to be back on my balcony with my cocktail and listening to nothing but waves.......sigh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

14 day canary islands in nov is about $5500.00 for two in a balcony cabin. 

Wow, really!  We are paying just short of $8000.00 Canadian for a mini suite on Enchanted 11 night Baltic in 2022.  Best Sale Ever Perks included and airfare extra.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Lower the volume !! 🤬🤯 

 

It's not really necessary for MUTS and the ships musicians to raise the sound level to 10,000 decibels. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You asked for one, I'm giving you three. I've never been good at following directions.

 

Replace those flimsy lemon wheels served with iced tea with real lemon wedges.

Trying to squeeze one of those wheels is nearly impossible, and results in very little lemon juice.

I know they are trying to save money, but the lemon isn't for decoration, it's for flavor.

You can get lemon wedges, but you have to request them.

 

Stop announcing art auctions over the PA....no other events are advertised in this manner.

 

Make all wines available in all venues, it's not that hard to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mellapl said:

amen

4 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Lower the volume !! 🤬🤯 

 

It's not really necessary for MUTS and the ships musicians to raise the sound level to 10,000 decibels. 

 

W

 

Just now, Marelaine said:

Prohibit smoking in the casino. 
Put a few comfy chairs in all cabins.

 

with you  one hundred percent

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be more selective about what is shown on the MUTS screen during the day.

I was on Med cruise where the guest population was very international yet they continued to play American sports shows that absolutely had no appeal to the audience during the sea days.  Looking around there was literally no one watching the screen. Most people had headphones on to block out the noise  They would have been much better off with scenic  shots instead of the abrasive yelling about college sports.  I found it very off putting. And I’m generally a sports fan, and from North America. It just was NOT reading the crowd.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...