Phoning Saga

silversurf

Had a query this morning which couldn’t wait. I was on hold for one hour fifty five minutes. When they did answer the phone my query it was resolved satisfactorily by a very pleasant cruise consultant.

But surely they could employ more people to answer the phones. So many of their people must be on furlough or even have lost their jobs.

They did make a lot of people redundant last year, no idea if this was from the cruise dept or not - but I also heard that they did not take any furlough money, everybody was (maybe still is) working from home.

I think that most of their operators must be busy calling people booked on the cancelled cruises to go through the options - they take time to answer questions and find out what people want to do, so none of the phone calls are going to be quick ones (especially if each call has to go through any revised itinerary listing all the ports...)

• Like 1

I had a query about missing documents and contacted Saga via online chat on Friday afternoon. I waited 25 minutes for a response but knew they'd be busy, given the new cancellations. When the agent did respond, my query was answered quickly and efficiently, as usual, and the missing document was in my email Inbox a few minutes later. I prefer the online chat facility because there's a transcript if needed later.