Vista Suites on Sky Princess

mafig

I've been looking and looking for info on this class of suites and haven't found much.

Then I found that these suites were called Premium (or Penthouse) suites and the name has recently changed.

Can you tell me about them.  They are the most reasonably priced of the full suites.

Are they located only in the front of the ship.  Room size?  

Any pictures?

There are a number of different suites on Sky Princess:

Sky Deck
- S0 Sky x 2 (mid-forward)
Sun Deck
- S6 Window x 2 (forward)
- S7 Vista x 6 (forward)
Marina Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Riviera Deck
- S4 Penthouse x 14 (mid-aft)
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Aloha Deck
- S5 Premium x 2 (forward)
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Baja Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Caribe Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Dolphin Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Emerald Deck
- S2 Owners x 2 (aft)

Vista Suites are usually the most reasonably priced followed by Premium Suites.

I believe Vista Suites are 441 sq ft. including a 112 sq ft balcony and Premium Suites are 554 sq. ft. including a 69 sq ft balcony

Vista Suite and Layout:

vistasuite.JPG.c2847372889e8b11c4941fbff6d2ca33.JPGvistasuitelayout.JPG.bf0658b67d10a9e18ec45cf21f74444e.JPG

Premium Suite pics

premsuite.jpg.aae3285632d2feeb32c449a0c0f38a26.jpg

one.thumb.jpg.da9e8d432d749a83dd1458c35d9888b5.jpg

eight.thumb.jpg.b1b23209f5bf5e903d4ecb2b35dde8f8.jpg

Sandra

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skynight said:

If you look at the site below you can find a video of cabin B102, and others for the Sky Princess. You can also search other Royal Class ships, for example Royal Princess B102 has a 44 minute video. No Vista, cat S6, on Royal Class ships. The Premium suite is larger. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Sky-Princess

Incorrect.  There are 6 suites forward on deck 17 that Princess now calls Vista suites. S6.  They are not aft like on other ships.  I think they changed the name for sailings after September.

Edited by franktown
add

I'm still on a search to find anyone who has stayed in a Vista Suite on Sky.

I'd like to know about movement, noise from above and balcony size.  If they changed the name  recently, can someone tell me what they were called before, was it Penthouse?  If they did not change the suite numbers, I guess I can look up old info.

21 minutes ago, mafig said:

I'm still on a search to find anyone who has stayed in a Vista Suite on Sky.

I'd like to know about movement, noise from above and balcony size.  If they changed the name  recently, can someone tell me what they were called before, was it Penthouse?  If they did not change the suite numbers, I guess I can look up old info.

I believe the Vista and Window suites were only introduced to the Royal class ships with Sky Princess - they moved the Sanctuary up leaving the forward Sun deck available for cabins and the Retreat Pool. The Sanctuary is on the deck above and a public area and will probably have a light amount of lounger movement/footfall during the daytime.

Edited by dides

44 minutes ago, dides said:

44 minutes ago, dides said:

The Sanctuary is on the deck above and a public area and will probably have a light amount of lounger movement/footfall during the daytime.

I thought that, too, and really wanted first-hand feedback from anyone staying in one.

Also, it appears these balconies may be larger than others  (Penthouse?)

Thanks for getting back to me, dides.❤️

• Like 1

It seems I'm out of luck finding someone who has actually stayed in these suites.  

Guess I'll wait and see and continue researching. 

Perhaps I'll get lucky.

Thanks to you who responded.😃

I was booked in S111 (Category S7) on the Enchanted Princess before recently moving to a Premium Suite (Category S5) that I was able to get for the same price. I too, like you, was unable to find any images or reviews from someone who had stayed in any of the 6 Vista Suites on the Sky. I was able to determine through looking at numerous exterior images of the Sky and Enchanted (identical cabin layouts) that the balcony for the Vista Suites is not any bigger (same narrow depth as the other starboard and port suites on Riviera Deck).

16 minutes ago, Upper Bob said:

I was booked in S111 (Category S7) on the Enchanted Princess before recently moving to a Premium Suite (Category S5) that I was able to get for the same price. I too, like you, was unable to find any images or reviews from someone who had stayed in any of the 6 Vista Suites on the Sky. I was able to determine through looking at numerous exterior images of the Sky and Enchanted (identical cabin layouts) that the balcony for the Vista Suites is not any bigger (same narrow depth as the other starboard and port suites on Riviera Deck).

Thanks for the info on the balcony size.

I am, too, also curious (not having been on any Royal class ship).  But from the images, it looks like the S7 (Vista Suite) is similar to a mini suite layout.  The sofa AND the bed are in the same room.  

I am not sure why they have classified this cabin as a suite rather than a Club Class Mini.  Did any one notice how awkward it would be to watch the television?

The fact that Sky has only a few of these cabins and that she only sailed a few months(entered service in the fall of 2019)  before the pause in operations may contribute to why you can’t find some advice.  You could try googling a certain cabin number and see if a video is posted online.  

Someone posted a video of one of the two S7 window suites back(located nearby) in late 2019 or early 2020.  But I don’t recall if other cabins were in that video.  

Good luck.  

• 10 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 5:52 PM, dides said:

There are a number of different suites on Sky Princess:

Sky Deck
- S0 Sky x 2 (mid-forward)
Sun Deck
- S6 Window x 2 (forward)
- S7 Vista x 6 (forward)
Marina Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Riviera Deck
- S4 Penthouse x 14 (mid-aft)
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Aloha Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Baja Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Caribe Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Dolphin Deck
- S3 Penthouse x 2 (aft)
Emerald Deck
- S2 Owners x 2 (aft)

Vista Suites are usually the most reasonably priced followed by Premium Suites.

I believe Vista Suites are 441 sq ft. including a 112 sq ft balcony and Premium Suites are 554 sq. ft. including a 69 sq ft balcony

Vista Suite and Layout:

vistasuite.JPG.c2847372889e8b11c4941fbff6d2ca33.JPGvistasuitelayout.JPG.bf0658b67d10a9e18ec45cf21f74444e.JPG

Premium Suite pics

premsuite.jpg.aae3285632d2feeb32c449a0c0f38a26.jpg

one.thumb.jpg.da9e8d432d749a83dd1458c35d9888b5.jpg

eight.thumb.jpg.b1b23209f5bf5e903d4ecb2b35dde8f8.jpg

Sandra

What balcony room number is this?  Thanks.  Trying to find S110 pictures of balcony.  Thanks.

20 hours ago, mellon1 said:

What balcony room number is this?  Thanks.  Trying to find S110 pictures of balcony.  Thanks.

The bottom pictures are from Premium Suite B102. The Vista picture is from the Princess website. However, just spotted an S6 video review of a Vista Suite on Enchanted Princess which might help.

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded to this S6 category on our short Discovery Alaskan Sampler for this May.  Can't wait to find out more about it.  Loved the Harr Video and that gave a lot of info.  Only stayed in a Mini-Suite on one of the older Grand class ships so this should be fun!