Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We only just attained Diamond level before Covid struck and so have not enjoyed any of the benefits as yet. I do hope most are not removed for our October 2021 cruise (if it sales). I will be really disappointed if that was the case. I was looking forward to a few free drinks in a lounge, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am enjoying all of the different opinions expressed here. Let's hope we get back to cruising soon and find out what the reality is. If we look at what Celebrity is doing, it might give us some clues as to where RCL is headed.

 

I thought that prior to Covid, D+ members were allowed in the CL. On the RCL website it looks like that is no longer the case. Am I wrong, or has this changed?

 

Cheers!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DavidA23 said:

I am enjoying all of the different opinions expressed here. Let's hope we get back to cruising soon and find out what the reality is. If we look at what Celebrity is doing, it might give us some clues as to where RCL is headed.

 

I thought that prior to Covid, D+ members were allowed in the CL. On the RCL website it looks like that is no longer the case. Am I wrong, or has this changed?

 

Cheers!!

 

Technically yes, but in January 2020, the few remaining CL's were moving towards not allowing D+.

 

Consensus seems to believe most of remaing CL's may be renamed SL when we return

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

We only just attained Diamond level before Covid struck and so have not enjoyed any of the benefits as yet. I do hope most are not removed for our October 2021 cruise (if it sales). I will be really disappointed if that was the case. I was looking forward to a few free drinks in a lounge, 

You will each have 3 free drinks added each day to your seapass good at any bar, showroom  or dining venue to be used during happy hour. I did read that the 3 drinks will be upgraded to 5,  but who knows what lies ahead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hammo said:

Three "free"drinks for Diamond is a miserly substitute for the former nightly benefit . Calling Wowser on that .

 

Well, nothing official, but Quantum is doing 4/5/6 depending on your C&A level, plus 1 coffee voucher for speciality coffee.

 

And the best part is the drinks are available all day, and are not limited to the el cheapo beverages previously served in the over crowded DL.

 

Seems nice to me 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, yogimax said:

I also agree with your point that one of the main points of the lounges is socialization.

While I enjoy the bar, I think meeting and getting together with people in the lounge is also great.  We have met many nice people on board in the club as the setting is conducive for conversation in the afternoon/evening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

And the best part is the drinks are available all day,

This costs RCCL nothing.  If anything, limiting the number saves them money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Well, nothing official, but Quantum is doing 4/5/6 depending on your C&A level, plus 1 coffee voucher for speciality coffee.

 

And the best part is the drinks are available all day, and are not limited to the el cheapo beverages previously served in the over crowded DL.

 

Seems nice to me 😁

I hope they'll let us non-coffee drinkers get the good hot chocolate instead....and no I'm not talking about the horrible dark chocolate packets you can get free.

 

Last time they added the speciality coffee on one of our cruises...many of us that asked according to the concierge were told NO substitutions...he thought this was not thought out well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, yogimax said:

This costs RCCL nothing.  If anything, limiting the number saves them money.

 

Costs them plenty. 

 

Cuts into revenue stream for one 

5 or 6 included drinks may curtail casual drink pkg customers 

The available booze costs more

 

And hopefully will cut down on crowds in pre dinner bars. 

 

Some folks just don't get it 

 

And thanks for quoting me out of context😉

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I hope they'll let us non-coffee drinkers get the good hot chocolate instead....and no I'm not talking about the horrible dark chocolate packets you can get free.

 

Last time they added the speciality coffee on one of our cruises...many of us that asked according to the concierge were told NO substitutions...he thought this was not thought out well.

 

I wouldn't count on it. Didn't the DL just have packets?

 

Try a decaffeinated mocha

 

 

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I wouldn't count on it. Didn't the DL just have packets?

 

Try a decaffeinated mocha

 

 

The packets were to be found basically everywhere....Yuck !!

I'll have to try that...thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Costs them plenty. 

 

Cuts into revenue stream for one 

5 or 6 included drinks may curtail casual drink pkg customers 

The available booze costs more

 

And hopefully will cut down on crowds in pre dinner bars. 

 

Some folks just don't get it 

 

And thanks for quoting me out of context😉

That would be me.  I have the drink package purchased (only other time I bought it was the $18) glitch for our next cruise which I DEFINATELY will cancel if this policy is true. (which I believe it will be at least at first if not forever)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Costs them plenty. 

 

Cuts into revenue stream for one 

5 or 6 included drinks may curtail casual drink pkg customers 

The available booze costs more

 

And hopefully will cut down on crowds in pre dinner bars. 

 

Some folks just don't get it 

 

And thanks for quoting me out of context😉

I agree with you John.  
 

with the 5/6 drinks and our free drinks in the casino Liz and I will no longer be buying the drink package.  In fact even if we only had the 5/6 free drinks we would still not buy the drink package.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2021 at 11:53 AM, the mistral wind said:

thank you, No it was a question i hoped someone could answer me. Not a joke question. I haven't been on cruise critic for a year or so. And haven't traveled for a while. I did see post about if pinnacle could go to Diamond lounge but I never saw my question. However; I am sure its somewhere on this site. I know some ships may not be having the diamond promo anymore. That's why I asked this question. And if they substitute a voucher program that's something at least. I would think by Dec. all should be vaccinated and it shouldn't be an issue anymore. I read that they updated the diamond lounge on the Vision and i wondering if they decided to do away with this perk all together. thank you for your replies. I certainly appreciate your time to post.

Don't really consider the lounge a perk.....since the ship is filled with bars.....but I do consider free drinks a perk so they give you five free drinks to be used all day.....is the perk because it is free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 1:59 PM, John&LaLa said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some folks just don't get it 

 

 

That would be me John and LaLa , 

I dont get the fact that anyone could be happy with a "perk" that was included on booking  being removed and substituted with a lesser offering and then being 😁. We are just lowly Diamond and the 4 drink limit miserly to say nothing of the other Lounge benefits waved off .

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hammo said:

That would be me John and LaLa , 

I dont get the fact that anyone could be happy with a "perk" that was included on booking  being removed and substituted with a lesser offering and then being 😁. We are just lowly Diamond and the 4 drink limit miserly to say nothing of the other Lounge benefits waved off .

 

You're entitled to your opinion. But you left off the reasons why I am looking forward to a potential change. Kind of germaine tobthe conversation don't you think😉

 

I think that's what you don't get

 

Cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the "MyTime" drinks including any drink, any bar is a huge improvement.  

 

Hoping this becomes long term.  

 

If this was about cost cutting they'd simply card for same old cheapo DL drinks.  Unlimited booze was never in the terms and conditions for the program.  They could very easily count DL drinks against the three "coupons" and not change any terms, conditions, perks or published benefits of the CAS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You're entitled to your opinion. But you left off the reasons why I am looking forward to a potential change. Kind of germaine tobthe conversation don't you think😉

 

I think that's what you don't get

 

Cheers 

Obviously  you dont get what I dont get . ( such a snide reply I might add ) Oh and of course I'm entitled to my opinion .. thanks for acknowledging that . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hammo said:

Obviously  you dont get what I dont get . ( such a snide reply I might add ) Oh and of course I'm entitled to my opinion .. thanks for acknowledging that . 

 

You still won't acknowledge the fact that the vouchers should be available all day and the choices basically unlimited.

 

But hey, if you want to down swill in the DL for 3 hours, pound away my friend

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twangster said:

I think the "MyTime" drinks including any drink, any bar is a huge improvement.  

 

Hoping this becomes long term.  

 

If this was about cost cutting they'd simply card for same old cheapo DL drinks.  Unlimited booze was never in the terms and conditions for the program.  They could very easily count DL drinks against the three "coupons" and not change any terms, conditions, perks or published benefits of the CAS.

 

That sounds fun. 🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 7:18 PM, John&LaLa said:

 

Well, nothing official, but Quantum is doing 4/5/6 depending on your C&A level, plus 1 coffee voucher for speciality coffee.

 

And the best part is the drinks are available all day, and are not limited to the el cheapo beverages previously served in the over crowded DL.

 

Seems nice to me 😁

This is what I'm hoping for. 6 drinks during the day then hit the casino at night for more. I will definitely enjoy that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Retired LEO said:

This is what I'm hoping for. 6 drinks during the day then hit the casino at night for more. I will definitely enjoy that.  

 

Shhh

 

Don't make the Diamonds jealous

 

LaLa says hi

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...