Help Understanding TA guidelines

We were booked on the Odyssey on her TA on October 28, which has been cancelled. I read the explanations, didn't really understand it all, but accepted it. We have since done a lift and shift to another cruise. 

Since then, I am looking at other TA's that are still sailing. In fact, I was looking at the Rhapsody, end of November, Barcelona to Tampa (I think) and that cruise is still available. There are also cruises on several other cruise lines, TA's late October, and November. 

I fully understand that no one really knows for sure what will be, but I also know there are many knowledgeable posters here. Are these cruise a good bet to go, 50/50 to go, or just up talking up space in the we may sail department?

Cheers

Len

I too was on the Odyssey TA. Lift and shifted to Holy Land only to find out yesterday that they wouldnt honour the booking. Had to select another cruise because we only had until March 18. I too am waiting for more TA’s to be announced for 2022. I think this year is a moving target for the cruiselines because each country is on different schedules and protocols. We dont know what the entry requirements are for each country, we only know what RCL will impose. 

18 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We were booked on the Odyssey on her TA on October 28, which has been cancelled. I read the explanations, didn't really understand it all, but accepted it. We have since done a lift and shift to another cruise. 

Since then, I am looking at other TA's that are still sailing. In fact, I was looking at the Rhapsody, end of November, Barcelona to Tampa (I think) and that cruise is still available. There are also cruises on several other cruise lines, TA's late October, and November. 

I fully understand that no one really knows for sure what will be, but I also know there are many knowledgeable posters here. Are these cruise a good bet to go, 50/50 to go, or just up talking up space in the we may sail department?

Cheers

Len

So you had Fall 2021 Cruise Canceled and you're asking about "Lift and Shift" to Fall 2022? How does Lift and Shift work?

If you have a cruise booked, Royal Caribbean is offering the opportunity to protect the original price and promotional offering of a cruise by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.

7 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

I too was on the Odyssey TA. Lift and shifted to Holy Land only to find out yesterday that they wouldnt honour the booking. Had to select another cruise because we only had until March 18. I too am waiting for more TA’s to be announced for 2022. I think this year is a moving target for the cruiselines because each country is on different schedules and protocols. We dont know what the entry requirements are for each country, we only know what RCL will impose. 

Running out ships, only one maybe two more Fall 2022 that are not already out

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Harmony is still not bookable. Personally hoping that one happens but could easily go either way. 

If it doesn't go we'll probably lose our sweet CP cabins😥

1 minute ago, tottenhamfc said:

Are we talking 2021 or 2022. Sorry a bit confused and why avoid Harmony?

It's currently on no sail list due to October '21 departure.

If it doesn't sail, you would shift to 2022 Allure. 

Edited by John&LaLa

The current CDC framework does not permit cruises longer than 7 days. 

(2) The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders. 

11 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

Are you looking for a late fall 2021 Transatlantic cruise to book, or just curious as to whether any will sail?  The Nov. 30, 2021 cruise on Rhapsody is RCI’s only Transatlantic that can still be booked, because it departs after Nov. 1. Other than the Odyssey TA that was just cancelled (we were on it, too) - RCI’s remaining fall Transatlantic cruises are in limbo: can’t be booked, but haven’t officially been cancelled...yet.

If I were a betting person,  I'd bet that no fall 2021 Transatlantic cruises will sail with paying passengers. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great advice. We lifted and shifted to the Voyager, Copenhagen to Boston via Iceland and Greenland, but would consider giving the Rhapsody a shot as we just need to cruise this year. (hopefully)

Cheers

Len

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's currently on no sail list due to October '21 departure.

If it doesn't sail, you would shift to 2022 Allure. 

We are currently booked on this sailing as well as the prior week, are we able to do a L&S now or will we have to wait until it actually cancels.  This sailing was a L&S from Allure 2020.

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are currently booked on this sailing as well as the prior week, are we able to do a L&S now or will we have to wait until it actually cancels.  This sailing was a L&S from Allure 2020.

You have to wait until RCI cancels the cruise in order to Lift & Shift.

1 hour ago, Giantfan13 said:

Thanks for all the great advice. We lifted and shifted to the Voyager, Copenhagen to Boston via Iceland and Greenland, but would consider giving the Rhapsody a shot as we just need to cruise this year. (hopefully)

Cheers

Len

To get your cruise fix this year - I think a short cruise out of a Florida port in late fall has a better chance of sailing  than a Transatlantic cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NancyIL said:

You have to wait until RCI cancels the cruise in order to Lift & Shift.

I called in January about our April 2021 14-day (RCI had not cancelled it) and said we all know the CDC isn't allowing cruises over 7 days, and so many countries are still restricted;  the phone rep offered to do Lift and Shift, which we ended up doing and the fare ended up being less. Worth a try to ask...

Edited by goldfish65

On 3/7/2021 at 7:42 PM, BirdTravels said:

The current CDC framework does not permit cruises longer than 7 days. 

(2) The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders. 

I wonder if the cruise lines have thought about breaking up the crossings as a back to back sailing instead of a single long trip to bypass the 7 days rule? I’m assuming they can make it from the middle of the Atlantic to the east coast in 7 days. Just rebook everyone for the back to back and if you cancel the first leg the second automatically gets canceled.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, goldfish65 said:

I called in January about our April 2021 14-day (RCI had not cancelled it) and said we all know the CDC isn't allowing cruises over 7 days, and so many countries are still restricted;  the phone rep offered to do Lift and Shift, which we ended up doing and the fare ended up being less. Worth a try to ask...

The original Lift & Shift program, to ships sailing by April 30, 2022,  ended on January 31, 2021. It is available now only for cruises cancelled by RCI. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, easyqueasy said:

I wonder if the cruise lines have thought about breaking up the crossings as a back to back sailing instead of a single long trip to bypass the 7 days rule? I’m assuming they can make it from the middle of the Atlantic to the east coast in 7 days. Just rebook everyone for the back to back and if you cancel the first leg the second automatically gets canceled.

Ummm...NO! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, easyqueasy said:

The second leg of your proposed solution would be a violation of the PVSA unless they also added Aruba as a port stop.  Sorry but this won’t happen. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The second leg of your proposed solution would be a violation of the PVSA unless they also added Aruba as a port stop.  

It is? Pretty sure an Azores to Miami (without Aruba) sailing is not a PVSA violation (though RCI would likely never sell such a sailing).

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It is? Pretty sure an Azores to Miami (without Aruba) sailing is not a PVSA violation (though RCI would likely never sell such a sailing).

The person was proposing a TA stop first on the east coast and then proceed with a second leg.  I took that as stopping in New York and then continuing on yo Florida.  I may have misread that. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach