Just got a Covid safety survey from RCCL

"What protocols do you expect to be in place when you take your cruise on 7/25/2021? Select all that apply."

A tip to survey makers. Don't let phrasing be up to varying levels of interpretation. Does "expect" mean "what I want" or "what I think RC will do?"

In summary, the survey asks a couple questions about why you booked the cruise when you did (mostly in the context of covid), asks about expectations for covid protocols, asks if you expect to be vaccinated prior to the cruise and if your decision to book the cruise was impacted by the vaccine. Then your typical demographic questions.

No covid-related questions about kids and cruising.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

"What protocols do you expect to be in place when you take your cruise on 7/25/2021? Select all that apply."

No question was about if you were taking kids on the cruise other than a generic "who are you cruising with"

There was also no question about preference for sailing with only vaccinated persons.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It was asking for a sailing I have booked on Grandeur out of Barbados Feb 2022.   I wonder why the selected that cruise instead of the several I have booked for 2021.    

Just got the survey.

Ditto.

Nothing about my Nov 2021 5 day from Port Canaveral. 

Nothing happening until 2022?

Non-US home port?

Flight needed to get to home port? 

Length of trip? (I'm  on the 14 day sailing).

I have a few cruises booked but the survey referenced my recent booking for March 2023.  I basically focused on vaccine as a requirement, hoping the rest of things are back to normal.

Edited by LuCruise

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I just got it for our furthest out cruise 3/9/23.  And I NEVER get any emails from Royal.  The only box I checked on protocols was reduced capacity.  One can dream can't one??😇

I checked reduced capacity (yes, we can dream) and social distancing (hate crammed elevators) 😇

• Like 1

I just got it. They should have prefer not to say on income. The politically correct ..what gender do you identify with lol. 

Asked about dec 2022 ...had to read it twice,,,its 9 bookings out and had kinda forgotten the date.

• Thanks 1

I got it for my very latest booked sailing among the 14 sailings I currently have booked, the 5/29/2022 departure on Oasis of the Seas out of Cape Liberty, NJ.

Edited by dswallow

Reduced capacity and social distancing in 2023?  Really?  

I want cruising to get back to normal and see a return to profitability for the cruise line industry.....  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

A tip to survey makers. Don't let phrasing be up to varying levels of interpretation. Does "expect" mean "what I want" or "what I think RC will do?"

In summary, the survey asks a couple questions about why you booked the cruise when you did (mostly in the context of covid), asks about expectations for covid protocols, asks if you expect to be vaccinated prior to the cruise and if your decision to book the cruise was impacted by the vaccine. Then your typical demographic questions.

No covid-related questions about kids and cruising.

It does ask if you are traveling with anyone under the age of 18 and is this a family get-away.

I laughed at the one that says is this a family vacation for bonding -- no it's to get the heck out of my house!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

It would be interesting to know if any changes are made based on the responses.

Same here.  Was asked about the Liberty of the Seas in 2022 (backup cruise to use FCC) but not my Explorer of the Seas (9 days.....ugh....I know) in October 2021.  I just want them to say that cruise is no more.  Glad I booked with a refundable deposit.

Hubby just received, and completed the survey from Royal a few minutes ago. It was in regards to our cruise on December 1, 2021, on the Adventure, out of Galveston.

Edited by sushitex

57 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I feel there's a bit of foreshadowing here. Only asking about 2022 cruises.....

I just received one for my Oct '21 cruise. Wish it had've been for my May '21 cruise though. 😉

3 hours ago, caymancouple said:

Why we booked, what made us feel safe,

As mentioned by the OP, they asked why you booked, what made you feel safe which leads me to believe that they are targeting recent bookings which explains why the bookings are in 2022 and even 2023.  They aren’t interested in why you booked those May and June cruises as people booked those a long time ago.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1