Just got a Covid safety survey from RCCL

Question to those of you who got the survey and have multiple cruises with Royal booked.  Are you getting it for the most recent cruise you booked?  Maybe not the first cruise you will sail on date wise?   I am wondering if based on the questions in the survey they want to know if the vaccine is  leading people to now book.  I know we did not book till we had the vaccine and then we booked 5 within a months time.

I just completed mine for AOS TA out of Southampton October 2022.  I wish they had just cut to the chase and asked “what are you willing to do or not do to get back to cruising”?  I plan to get vaccinated as soon as possible and I have NO problems with a buffet that is not self serve.  Temperature checks?  Contact tracing?  Sure, I could handle that, but mandatory masks, social distancing and cruiseline sponsored only shore excursions would take all the fun out a cruise for me personally.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chefchick said:

I just completed mine for AOS TA out of Southampton October 2022.  I wish they had just cut to the chase and asked “what are you willing to do or not do to get back to cruising”?  I plan to get vaccinated as soon as possible and I have NO problems with a buffet that is not self serve.  Temperature checks?  Contact tracing?  Sure, I could handle that, but mandatory masks, social distancing and cruiseline sponsored only shore excursions would take all the fun out a cruise for me personally.

I agree with you on all except I am ok with cruiseline sponsored only shore excursions for awhile. 

I just received my survey but it said it was based on my Oct 2022 cruise....I have 5 cruises booked prior to that one. I would have thought it would have been based on my March 2022 one.

• Like 1

We just got one for our 11/7/21 cruise on Oasis.  I tried to be as transparent as I could regarding what we were willing to accept on the cruise - no problem with COVID test at terminal, social distancing, reduced capacity, but not mask wearing onboard.

I did notice that they approached the vaccination question from several different angles, and on several pages.  We have been vaccinated, so I did mention that and listed it as a priority for us to take the cruise.

Pat

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

"What protocols do you expect to be in place when you take your cruise on 7/25/2021? Select all that apply."

A tip to survey makers. Don't let phrasing be up to varying levels of interpretation. Does "expect" mean "what I want" or "what I think RC will do?"

In summary, the survey asks a couple questions about why you booked the cruise when you did (mostly in the context of covid), asks about expectations for covid protocols, asks if you expect to be vaccinated prior to the cruise and if your decision to book the cruise was impacted by the vaccine. Then your typical demographic questions.

No covid-related questions about kids and cruising.

Agreed, that "expect" is ambiguous. Hopefully most people will make the assumption, given the context, that they're asking what cruisers want.

I keep checking my email ... this is an area where I would LOVE to make my voice heard!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As mentioned by the OP, they asked why you booked, what made you feel safe which leads me to believe that they are targeting recent bookings which explains why the bookings are in 2022 and even 2023.  They aren’t interested in why you booked those May and June cruises as people booked those a long time ago.  

I agree.  It was hard to put into just a short answer, but I only booked because I got a good deal, it was the right itinerary and it’s far enough away (10/22) that I am hopeful that we will be back to “normal” by then.  And I only did so with a refundable deposit...I don’t ever want to go thru the BS that was last year’s “no, I don’t want future cruise credit, I want my money back, thank you”.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As mentioned by the OP, they asked why you booked, what made you feel safe which leads me to believe that they are targeting recent bookings which explains why the bookings are in 2022 and even 2023.  They aren’t interested in why you booked those May and June cruises as people booked those a long time ago.  

Could be. While I got the survey for a July cruise, it was only booked less than a month ago once FCC credit came in from March cancelations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Could be. While I got the survey for a July cruise, it was only booked less than a month ago once FCC credit came in from March cancelations.

Looks like recent bookings.  I know a couple of the ones posted are very recent. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I just received my survey but it said it was based on my Oct 2022 cruise....I have 5 cruises booked prior to that one. I would have thought it would have been based on my March 2022 one.

They picked dec 2022, 7 rcl and 1 ccl before. 

I thought it made it harder to answer that they picked one really far out that was just released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I got on 20 minutes ago

For 12/5/2022😱🤣🤣

See yours was as wierd as mine. I got 12/11/22 allure that was just released.

So what protocols do I expect almost 2 years from now? Not many by then. 

Wierd.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Is the one you got it for the most recent one you booked?

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I just got it for our furthest out cruise 3/9/23.  And I NEVER get any emails from Royal.  The only box I checked on protocols was reduced capacity.  One can dream can't one??😇

I said vaccinated based on how far out it was

4 hours ago, caymancouple said:

We have a cruise booked on The Liberty in September.  I just got a survey about taking that cruise.  Why we booked, what made us feel safe, our thoughts on the vaccine, masks, social distancing, flying, were we driving or flying to the port and why.  I could really see they are trying to decide what passengers are not only expecting but will make us feel safe, and what we are willing to accept as changes.  Any body else get one?

Yes, about 6hrs ago. Have 19 Cruises Booked next 18 Months though 4-12 will be Canceled. Though Survey listed my Cruise Oct2022. Expect way before this date no Vaccine or Mask required and serve myself in WindJammer

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Got the survey for my October 21 Brilliance sailing I booked after my Jan 21 Anthem was cancelled.  I haven't got a survey about my Jan 22 Anthem booked well over a year ago.  As for protocols I expect, I checked them all, and under "Other " I said that whatever the government mandates, it doesn't matter to me, I'm going on a cruise no matter what.

Edited by gmerick
edited to correct the year of my Anthem departure

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

See yours was as wierd as mine. I got 12/11/22 allure that was just released.

So what protocols do I expect almost 2 years from now? Not many by then. 

Wierd.

Same, mine for Oct 2022 Panama Canal released last week. Have 14 Cruises Booked long before this one

• Thanks 1

A request for the CC Survey savvy savants.  That word "expect" on their survey was too ambiguous.  Please put together a CC Survey that asks 1: What protocols I anticipate the government (or corporate lawyers, or fellow cruise passengers) will require. 2: What protocols I am willing to put up with.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Is the one you got it for the most recent one you booked?

I did eventually receive a survey based on an April 2022 sailing.  For inquiring minds, this was not my last one booked - it was the 21st of the 25 booked.

I got the survey for our 1/16/2022 Allure cruise. Two of my three cruises prior to that, all in 2021, we’re booked ore-COVID, the third is an L&S from 2020. The Allure cruise was booked within the last month, to replace an Oasis cruise that I can’t do. 

mac_tlc

50 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

Question to those of you who got the survey and have multiple cruises with Royal booked.  Are you getting it for the most recent cruise you booked?  Maybe not the first cruise you will sail on date wise?   I am wondering if based on the questions in the survey they want to know if the vaccine is  leading people to now book.  I know we did not book till we had the vaccine and then we booked 5 within a months time.

No.  Mine was neither the next cruise were on nor the last cruise I booked.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

Yes.  I also have a Sept. 5, 2021 and a April 17, 2022.  They are referring to last week bookings of Allure January 22 sail.

A couple of questions that bothered me was ethnicity and annual income.

Edited by nelblu

54 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

I got one for the April 2022 cruise, but not the October 2021 one.

Interesting to see that they want to know whether it's a L&S or if you paid -- IOW, how much will they have to refund or those likely to shift again??

Race = Other: Human.  Annoyed that you HAD to answer one way or the other on Hispanic.

We don't often eat at the buffet anyway, so it's actually a plus that it won't be self-serve.  Most of the other stuff is ridiculous for what is supposed to be a vacation.

29 minutes ago, csnarpy said:

We have a B2B on December 12th and 18th, 2021 They sent out the survey only for the 18th.

I'm pretty sure there is no order in the cruise that they pick.

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like recent bookings.  I know a couple of the ones posted are very recent. 

Yup, looks like the Pattern. Mine, 19 Cruises Book, Survey lists most resent one I Booked last Tuesday

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1