What a mess :(

Im starting to wonder if I will ever get to cruise again.   My TA (thankfully I actually have one this time)  has been trying to lift and shift my September 2021 Alaska cruise to September 2022 and now Royal Caribbean is telling her that because my original FCC was issued because of a cancelled cruise over Hurricane Dorian that that credit had to be used by December 31 2020.   The thing I dont understand is that FCC from the cancelled Harmony cruise was used to book the Alaskan Ovation cruise which was suppose to happen in August of 2020 and they had no problem lifting and shifting to September 2021.    I am so confused.  I hope this all makes sense. Im afraid Im about to lose over 1800.00 in cruise credit though.  She has got her supervisor involved and they are trying to get it all resolved.     

While in the process of doing a Lift and Shift from my scheduled June 21 cruise our TA got on the phone with the RCL rep.  The RCL rep told our TA that it would cost us $100 per person to do the change.  I mentioned to the TA that many times when a private person calls the RCL rep and get an answer that seems to be different than advertised by RCL they call back again and talk to a different rep and get a knowledgeable one.  The TA did that and came back with the no extra cost to conduct the L&S.  Sometimes it's worth educating your TA on what we read on these forums. If you need to educate your TA too much it may be time to change TA's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have one of those kind of bookings for May which is about to be cancelled.  I have a $500 insurance credit on it that was issued right before the shut down.  It I can't shift the booking I am kind of afraid to ask for a refund since I don't know what would happen to that credit.  One rep told my TA that it is non refundable and once applied can't be changed.  That's all well and good if that had been sailing but they have not sailed since that certificate was issued.  If I can't shift the booking I will probably take the FCC since it's easier 

40 minutes ago, ryano said:

original FCC was issued because of a cancelled cruise over Hurricane Dorian that that credit had to be used by December 31 2020.

My FCC was issued as result of the Oasis crane accident while in drydock in Freeport. It had a Dec 2020 expiration date, but was extended to 2021, then again to 30 Apr 2022.  I applied it to our Jewel TA that departs Miami on 29 Apr 2022!  There should be a trail of the exp date extensions for the non Covid-19 FCC as you certainly couldn't use it in 2020, and 2021 is a only a slight possibility. Good luck and hopes it works out favorably for you!

We, too, had to cancel our September 2019 cruise due to Hurricane Dorian.  We used the FFC from that cruise to book a May 2020 cruise that was cancelled due to COVID.  We did Lift and Shift from that cruise to book an April 2021 cruise that was cancelled.   I thought we'd have until December 2022 to cruise which is what RCCL is offering those who had an April 2021 cruise. 

But no!   Since our original FCC was issued September 2019 due to Hurricane Dorian, we have to book and sail by December 31, 2021.  My TA went round and round with RCCL asking to have the FCC extended since none of the cancelled cruises were a personal choice (and were rightly cancelled) but RCCL said no.  Not only have we had to pay more for each cruise we've booked and was cancelled, now we are on a 4 day cruise in November rather than a 7 day cruise just so we don't lose our FCC.

RCCL Customer Fail as far as I'm concerned!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryano said:

Im starting to wonder if I will ever get to cruise again.   My TA (thankfully I actually have one this time)  has been trying to lift and shift my September 2021 Alaska cruise to September 2022 and now Royal Caribbean is telling her that because my original FCC was issued because of a cancelled cruise over Hurricane Dorian that that credit had to be used by December 31 2020.   The thing I dont understand is that FCC from the cancelled Harmony cruise was used to book the Alaskan Ovation cruise which was suppose to happen in August of 2020 and they had no problem lifting and shifting to September 2021.    I am so confused.  I hope this all makes sense. Im afraid Im about to lose over 1800.00 in cruise credit though.  She has got her supervisor involved and they are trying to get it all resolved.     

We will all be cruising again soon!  Things are going to change very rapidly in the next few months. 

• Like 4

I had a FCC from a March 2020 cruise that was canceled. Back in December I traded it in for a refund. I’m glad I did, until things get back to some semblance of normal I won’t be booking anything. I would like to know that what I book has a fairly good chance of going when and where I want it to.

• Like 1

Hi Ryano - I believe we had the same Sep 2019 Dorian cruise on Harmony as you that ended up being only 3 nights.  We ended up using the FCC for a Jan 2020 Majesty cruise... wasn't what we really wanted, but who knew it would be our last cruise for a while!!!

Hopefully you get this all worked out and I hope they are very flexible in extending the dates for you to use the FCC since so much has happened since then.  We had a May 2021 Europe cruise on Anthem just cancelled today and we Lift & Shifted it to a Norway Fjord cruise next May.  

Spending too much time Lifting & Shifting and not enough time cruising!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATC cruiser said:

I’m glad I did, until things get back to some semblance of normal I won’t be booking anything..

Ryano, I hope it will work out for you.  I'm sure it will.  ATC, that's what I'm doing.  I've got so many air and cruise credits, I'm booked for late September and November, but, I'm not booking anything else until ships start sailing.  I'm not working anymore, so, I can take advantage of last minute offers, so, I'm waiting for that.

What I started doing when I was told something I would write down the time and date for reference. I started doing this after them not being able to go back and find that particular conversation. It had been in my favor so I think that’s why they couldn’t find it. 🤔  Always good to keep track of things with RC.

• Like 1

They have " lost" my 500.00 deposit that was L&S from a cancelled sept 2020 cruise and rebooked on a May 2021 cruise. I have my bank statement showing the deposit being made but not being credited and RCCL has no record of the Sept 2020 cruise, they only show the May 2021 cruise that was cancelled for not paying the deposit. I have tried for 8 months and they keep telling me they have put us in the investigation team to try to locate.

18 hours ago, sugcarol said:

They have " lost" my 500.00 deposit that was L&S from a cancelled sept 2020 cruise and rebooked on a May 2021 cruise. I have my bank statement showing the deposit being made but not being credited and RCCL has no record of the Sept 2020 cruise, they only show the May 2021 cruise that was cancelled for not paying the deposit. I have tried for 8 months and they keep telling me they have put us in the investigation team to try to locate.

That sucks.  Hope they figure it out.