Royal Cancels MAY sailings in US

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Not anymore. 

And, no one knows why.  It's not because it was a duplicate because then they would have just combined them.  I posted in that other thread and it was just a discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

And, no one knows why.  It's not because it was a duplicate because then they would have just combined them.  I posted in that other thread and it was just a discussion.

I started mine before this one don't know why they weren't merged/  I didn't get any notification

Watching for the next announcement in mid April announcing cruises being cancelled for June and July, unfortunately, that seems to be the pattern on how announcements have been coming down. Let me go one step further asking those who booked through RCI or a TA where they had cruises booked prior to April and May as well as in those two months. Have you received a notification that your cruise has been cancelled and what were your options.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

15 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

Made final payments last week for five cabins in May.......bunch of dawgs .......lol

Interesting that you were able to wait it out to do final payment that long for your cruise in May. Most TA's require full payment 90 days before the sailing date. BUT unfortunately now you'll have to wait it out for a refund if that's what you'll choose/

Edited by DJLDRUMS
added more information
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Interesting that you were able to wait it out to do final payment that long for your cruise in May. Most TA's require full payment 90 days before the sailing date. BUT unfortunately now you'll have to wait it out for a refund if that's what you'll choose/

Or just rebook again.

5 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

4 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

Or just rebook again.

Have done that already. Wasn't always easy because of number of days on a sailing from one date to a future date, some didn't work. I've found that RCI doesn't want to bend very much but will gladly help if its going to cost the consumer considerable more.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I started mine before this one don't know why they weren't merged/  I didn't get any notification

Hi molly361 ;  looks like we are not sailing allure in May. We have 4 in may and this makes 16 cancelled for us. Funny thing got a survey  for one of our Sept cruises  yesterday about restart,covic etc but have one allure in July and two in Aug . and not interested in survey on them. Hope this isn't a sign.    Bob & Nancy  The Villages, Florida 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

Hi molly361 ;  looks like we are not sailing allure in May. We have 4 in may and this makes 16 cancelled for us. Funny thing got a survey  for one of our Sept cruises  yesterday about restart,covic etc but have one allure in July and two in Aug . and not interested in survey on them. Hope this isn't a sign.    Bob & Nancy  The Villages, Florida 

We also had the Allure for May and used L&S for the Harmony in May, 2022.

2 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Watching for the next announcement in mid April announcing cruises being cancelled for June and July, unfortunately, that seems to be the pattern on how announcements have been coming down. Let me go one step further asking those who booked through RCI or a TA where they had cruises booked prior to April and May as well as in those two months. Have you received a notification that your cruise has been cancelled and what were your options.

I booked through TA and I just got off the phone with her.  Was able to Lift and shift to 2022. (we were  on the 5/22/21 Symphony , shifted to the 6/4/2022 Symphony) it  was actually substantially easier than dealing with all the future cruise credit stuff from our previous 4 or 5 canceled cruises dating back from May 2020.  I didn't get an e-mail from RCL but my amazing TA contacted me as soon as she was notified earlier this morning and took care of everything.

Our dilemma is our 8 night 5/8/21 Indy Cruise is cancelled as expected, but because of “like for like” our only 8 day option out of Miami is the Explorer. Seeing as the Explorer hasn’t had an inside refurb since 2005 we really don’t want to book that ship. Yes, we could cancel, take a NCC, but we don’t want to give up the pricing we have and paying far more with pricing as it is now. We are hoping RC lets us change to a 7 night cruise but I doubt that. 

All this lift and shift and FCC is massively distorting the market. Rolling over demand will push the prices and margins way up for Royal. If half a ship is 125% FCC then the other half ends up paying 25% above market price for nothing other than fake demand.  This is going to mess cruising up for years one way or another. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

What were the conditions attached to L&S for those that had a cruise cancelled today?

Same debarkation port, same cabin category, 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after your sail date, SAME number of nights. Decision to be made by 3/23/21. The Indy was running 6 and 8 nights. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

If you booked directly with RCL and they have your email address on your profile on file then you should receive an email from RCL with your options.    I received my email at 10 am today.   Ironic since I was on the phone booking a new cruise at 8 am.

Another one bites the dust....I have lost count but I think this is lucky 13 cancellations    Hopefully that means they are done cancelling and my next bookings for August will sail.

Why is it every time one month of cruising is cancelled people start asking when the following month will be cancelled?     

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you booked directly with RCL and they have your email address on your profile on file then you should receive an email from RCL with your options.    I received my email at 10 am today.   Ironic since I was on the phone booking a new cruise at 8 am.

I’ve never received a notice from Royal saying a cruise has been canceled.  I learn about it on Facebook or Cruise Critic.  I’ve told them time and time again but nothing changes. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a cruised booked for last April, booked through an online travel agency. We got the cancellation e-mail directly from the cruise line, with our options.