Seabourn Announces Cancellation of Select 2021 Europe Voyages (as of 3-9-21)

zelker

From Seabourn's Facebook page and the website:

Seabourn Announces Cancellation Of Select 2021 Europe Voyages

SEATTLE, March 9, 2021  Seabourn, the ultra-luxury cruise line, is maintaining its optimism for the ultimate restart of travel while, in the meantime, continuing to take a practical approach in extending its current operational pause. As a result of the current environment, the brand is cancelling a series of select 2021 Europe departures.

The cancellation announcement applies differently by ship. Voyages affected include:

• Seabourn Sojourn, with its next scheduled departure now set for July 3, 2021.
  • Seabourn Encore, with its next scheduled departure now set for July 3, 2021.
  • Seabourn Ovation, with its next scheduled departure now set for July 3, 2021.
  • Seabourn Quest, with its next scheduled departure now set for November 7, 2021.

Guests with bookings affected by this announcement are being given as much notice as possible to provide them with greater clarity around their travel plans.  

“Our highest priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the people in destinations we visit,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “We understand guests are eager to travel and, even though we have extended our pause in operations a bit further, we continue to prepare to welcome them back once again.”

Guests with impacted cruise bookings have until April 15, 2021 to request to be re-booked to a comparable 2022 voyage at their 2021 rate paid plus current amenities. Guests who prefer an alternative choice can also request a bonus future cruise credit offer or a full refund of monies paid to Seabourn to the original form of payment.

Guests and their travel advisors will be sent specific details applicable to their booking. Seabourn asks guests and travel advisors to use the online resources available on its website first rather than calling the Reservation Call Center for information about the cancellations due to the possibility of high call volumes and the potential of long on-hold wait times.

Booked for July 10th of the Encore, so either we'll be the part of the cruise bubble experiment or we get wiped off the map, I'm getting the feeling they are done until Sept in the Caribbean and hopefully better things for 2022.

I guess we all need a good shot int he arm 

We are/were scheduled for Quest out of Dover on 22 Jul 21 - if this is cancelled then .... 7th cancelled cruise. The amount of funds tied up in FCC is now an issue. 

No official notification yet - that is interesting and the web is still selling Sojourn Baltic cruises in May -Jul

2 hours ago, cruisr said:

The official notification to affected guests was going out today at 4:00pm.  That is odd that the website has not been updated yet.

Got the email but poor IT work as our booking number was not correlated with our reservation # ABC123 but it shows they had not worked through this decision completely. As this was a cruise on the European leg for the Quest an addition issue was most likely that they could not get the ship to Miami for the Antarctic season in a paying mode due to Canada’s rules on cruise ship

22 hours ago, westmount said:

I guess we all need a good shot int he arm 

Yes!  On many of these boards, particularly the boards of the mainstream cruise lines, people seem to think that cruise ships are good to go as soon as you can fill them with vaccinated passengers.  What they keep forgetting is that most countries don't want tourists until 60-70 percent of their residents has been vaccinated / is protected.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm a big immunization fan - got most of them that are available - anthrax, rabies, Japanese encephalitis, - don't ask me how.  However I think that immunization will not solve this issue. Corona virus is like influenza but has had a worse case fatality ratio and that stoked a lot of fear followed by a change/reversal of most of the CDC/WHO recommendations on respiratory pandemics.  Governments are now being driven by fear so as the virus mutates (they all do) the bar/rules will change. One case off a cruise ship is now a political disaster especially with cancel culture. I read a English news push that they thought English cruise ports would open by 17 May 21 but cannot find another source to confirm that fact so take it as rumor -but as all of the Quest cruises are cancelled - a mute fact for me. 

I am now concerned that my rolled over FCC may end up as a unsecured loan to a company that is in risk of Bankruptcy.  Love Seabourn but business is business.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, zelker said:

Ugh!  That doesn't bode well for the industry.  😞 

What's interesting is they are designing cruises over the summer for UK residents only. Shorter cruises rather than the longer itineraries. Had and Iceland scheduled on 8/13/21. Thought it might be safe, but was cancelled this am. Thinking of going to Yellowstone instead of any more cruises at this point. My Seabourn is 10/9/21. Hoping against hope it will sail. Will be listening to Josh Leibowitz next Wednesday on Facebook to see if their is any insight to Seabourn. 1:15ET

I am going to a lot of places in the coming months in the USA, just as I did all spring, summer and fall last year.  I am discovering wonderful places, national parks, beautiful beaches and nature that I never experienced as I was always booking cruises.  I have three trips domestically booked already and more will follow.

I miss cruising but am very happy with alternatives that work for me.  And, a bonus, there are a lot cheaper.

Edited by cruisr
  • Like 1