A year since we where able to cruise, How are you doing??

This month makes a year since we have been able to steep foot on a cruise ship! 😞  😧

Anyone got CSA? (Cruise Separation Anxiety)? 🤣

Where you one of the lucky ones who got one last cruise in a year ago this month??, if so what ship and where did you get to go to/ or where did you try and get to??

If not when was your last cruise? What ship? and where did you go?

My name is Stu and I got CSA (Cruise Separation Anxiety).
My last cruise was on the Celebrity Solstice on 7th February 2020 when we cruise from Sydney to Auckland, New Zealand!.
I have now had 7 cruises cancelled 😳 😰

• Like 2

After a nail-chewing few weeks of state border closures we enjoyed a five night Murray River Cruise in South Australia two weeks ago, followed by 45 minute ferry trips to and from Kangaroo Island. 

It has definitely helped reduce the symptoms of CSA. 😊

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

We had a cruise fix last week. Sailed from Nelson Bay to Tea Gardens, return. We even had a slight swell and spray on the return trip. No social distancing with over 50 pax. Next is the River Postman on the Hawkesbury River.

image.jpeg.9aa42b5a1c1d1c7887605af03206b54b.jpeg  image.jpeg.f32ec55506759101787970d2a1a195f9.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

We had a cruise fix last week. Sailed from Nelson Bay to Tea Gardens, return. We even had a slight swell and spray on the return trip. No social distancing with over 50 pax. Next is the River Postman on the Hawkesbury River.

image.jpeg.9aa42b5a1c1d1c7887605af03206b54b.jpeg  image.jpeg.f32ec55506759101787970d2a1a195f9.jpeg

I enjoyed the River Postman on the Hawkesbury River cruise. 

Yes I have cruise separation anxiety.

This time last year (10th March) I was in Dunedin on the Carnival Spirit on our way home from a lovely visit to beautiful NZ.  It was raining and we were in the terminal ringing Melbourne asking my daughter to get me some supplies after seeing the crazy scenes on the TV of what was happening in the supermarkets. We couldn't believe what had happened since sailing.  The world had gone mad.

Day or two later we passed Ruby Princess in Milford Sound and a day after that Golden Princess on her way to NZ saying how we were looking forward to being on her 13 days later to go to Port Douglas.  It didn't happen - damn.  We got home on 14th March.

7 cruises cancelled also but have booked another 7.  Eternal optimist.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ondine said:

This time last year (10th March) I was in Dunedin on the Carnival Spirit on our way home from a lovely visit to beautiful NZ.  It was raining and we were in the terminal ringing Melbourne asking my daughter to get me some supplies after seeing the crazy scenes on the TV of what was happening in the supermarkets. We couldn't believe what had happened since sailing.  The world had gone mad.

Day or two later we passed Ruby Princess in Milford Sound and a day after that Golden Princess on her way to NZ saying how we were looking forward to being on her 13 days later to go to Port Douglas.  It didn't happen - damn.  We got home on 14th March.

If you got yourself sorted you could have your own shipping line.🙄

Twelve months today we where in Auckland, just boarded Celebrity Solstice for a ten day cruise back to Sydney, well all was good until we left Akaroa when captain announced things had changed, got to Dunedin and 500 people left ship. We stayed on and had five days at sea worrying if we where going to be allowed into Sydney, we where the next ship into dock after Ruby Princess, we past here as she left the heads, luckily we got off and back to Brisbane and into quarantine for 14 days and all well no sickness. You can be lucky sometimes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Twelve months today we where in Auckland, just boarded Celebrity Solstice for a ten day cruise back to Sydney, well all was good until we left Akaroa when captain announced things had changed, got to Dunedin and 500 people left ship. We stayed on and had five days at sea worrying if we where going to be allowed into Sydney, we where the next ship into dock after Ruby Princess, we past here as she left the heads, luckily we got off and back to Brisbane and into quarantine for 14 days and all well no sickness. You can be lucky sometimes.

I had friends on that cruise. Visited them the next day (not realising they had just come off a cruise) and they also islolated for 14 days.

Well it's been 15 months since our last cruise and our bank account is the healthiest it's been for quite some time. Healthy in spite of a $6.5K kitchen reno, a good quality treadmill, $2.7K hearing aids, and a 43" Sony 4K TV with blu-ray player and Yamaha surround to match. Not quite as good as cruising but it has softened the blow a bit.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Well it's been 15 months since our last cruise and our bank account is the healthiest it's been for quite some time. Healthy in spite of a $6.5K kitchen reno, a good quality treadmill, $2.7K hearing aids, and a 43" Sony 4K TV with blu-ray player and Yamaha surround to match. Not quite as good as cruising but it has softened the blow a bit.

Not only that, there are many pensioners with a full years worth of days in the bank.

Today it is 12 months since we left the Sun Princess in Perth after a fabulous Circle Indian Ocean cruise.  Nearly 7 weeks of pure bliss, even though we were denied landing at a few ports.  The longest cruise I've been on, and that has helped with my "cruise withdrawal".  I do have a few booked, and hopefully will get me back in my favourite place.  On the high seas.  First one is a B2B P&O in September this year.  Fingers and toes crossed.

• Like 1

Arrived back in  Sydney 2 March from a 14 day round trip to PNG. My partner was hooked and I was quite impressed - our first ever cruise.  We have renovated the bedroom, bought new furniture, pick up a near new car tomorrow.  

We have done 3.5  weeks road tripping in the South Island and shorter trips in the North Island. We even managed a week's expedition cruise to the Snares, and southern NZ. 

I miss not leaving the country. I am so OVER being confined to it. I want to get on a long flight and get off in a different timezone, climate, and preferably language and culture. But I'd settle for Queensland. I can't even imagine being stuck here for another winter (we'd done several  before last year because of my partner's health). 

We have a booking from SF to Barcelona - next July - I'm hopeful so long as the variants get under control. We  got the timeline roll out today - its more agressive than I'd hoped - my partner will get the vaccine in May - me  July or after. Hopefully by then travel will at least be possible to Australia, Cooks, Niue maybe Taiwan 

• Like 2

It was on 20th December 2019 with disembark the Golden Princess after 26 nights

( B2B twice round NZ ) it was wonderful..... had a great time.. all the staff knew us.. and got great service.... we went to White Island a week before the eruption.....

It all seems eons ago...  have 3 cruises booked  and have cruise separation anxiety..

was looking forward to going on the Spirit to Tassie, but where we wanted to go is strangely booked out......  may be we will go mid year... at least an overnight on the sea.....

Only one cruise still booked November this year but not hopefully.......

So 2020 was a nothing year, and also 2021 is only looking a little better...

Otherwise have only been out of Melbourne twice... to one of favorite places, which has now been sold....... now stuck doing stuff an my mum's home which has been going for 4 months and hopefully will finish soon

All one got to do is get the handbrake off....

Don

• Like 2

My last Cruise was Panama canal in October 2019. 

2020 I had a month booked to Alaska including 2 cruises for my significant birthday, all that went down the gurgler 😭😭😭

Nothing booked for 2021 except a one night Train trip to The Chateau Tongariro for mid winter Xmas.

3 booked next year and in 2023 the 35 nights Princess Auckland-Hawaii return. I'm excited about that as the longest I've done was an 18 night Transpacific.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

Just now, phoenixx said:

My last Cruise was Panama canal in October 2019. 

2020 I had a month booked to Alaska including 2 cruises for my significant birthday, all that went down the gurgler 😭😭😭

Nothing booked for 2021 except a one night Train trip to The Chateau Tongariro for mid winter Xmas.

3 booked next year and in 2023 the 35 nights Princess Auckland-Hawaii return. I'm excited about that as the longest I've done was an 18 night Transpacific.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

You'll love the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. We did it in 2019 and it was one of the best cruises we've ever done. It was so relaxing. We liked it so much we've booked it again in 2023 so might see you onboard.

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You'll love the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. We did it in 2019 and it was one of the best cruises we've ever done. It was so relaxing. We liked it so much we've booked it again in 2023 so might see you onboard.

We can meet for a 🍹🍺

Only 920 days to go 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Our cruise to Singapore was halted in Perth February 2020, only cruise since was a whale watcher in Hervey Bay in August.

Had a couple of weekends away and spent a pile of cash tarting up the house and yard.

booked cruises

New Zealand Feb 22 (had this booked already so used my credits on this one)

Northern Explorer March 23

Cancelled my Tasmania tour,  border restrictions

Probably have to cancel Perth to Darwin tour in July if they keep closing borders for a few cases, it’s final payment next week and don’t want to risk that much money.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

😎 Hey Kiwi Cruiser,  How ya doing?   I was on the Maasdam ( French Polynesia )with you. I did the Mermaid Tours in Moorea with you and  your parents. That was a great cruise! 

We had our Princess  cruise cancelled this fall and are hoping for Paul Gauguin Nov 5, 2022 .....   and Yes ..... we have CSA!

Hope all is well with  you and your parents and maybe we'll meet up again.  Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This month makes a year since we have been able to step foot on a cruise ship! 😞  😧

Anyone got CSA? (Cruise Separation Anxiety)? 🤣

Where you one of the lucky ones who got one last cruise in a year ago this month??, if so what ship and where did you get to go to/ or where did you try and get to??

If not when was your last cruise? What ship? and where did you go?

My name is Stu and I got CSA (Cruise Separation Anxiety).
My last cruise was on the Celebrity Solstice on 7th February 2020 when we cruise from Sydney to Auckland, New Zealand!.
I have now had 7 cruises cancelled 😳 😰

Edited by liamur14
spelling
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 3:01 PM, Ondine said:

We are optimists too, we have had 4 cruises cancelled however have 4 booked.

My last cruise was on Majestic Princess, 12 February 2020, Sydney to Adelaide via Hobart and Melbourne. We had 8 more cruises booked at that point, all but 2 have been cancelled, and they are unlikely to proceed but even if they do, we are unlikely to get onto them as they are Caribbean cruises on October this year.

We have since rebooked some cruises with FCDs, FCCs and other credits so we now have another 6 booked. The first is a river cruise in South Australia in October, then the next couple start in early 2022, but even these may be cancelled if the ships don't come for our summer.

• Like 1

Our last 'ocean' cruise is now more than 2 years ago - RC Radiance AKL-SYD Jan2019. We did do a 4N Yasawa Is, Fiji in Aug 2019 as part of a holiday there. In 2020 we had 2 cruises cancelled - one refunded & a 125% FCC for the other. We also moved our Apr 2021 Solstice cruise to Eclipse in Mar 2022. At this stage with the uncertainty, we have not found a cruise to use our RC FCC.

We have basically been home for a year. In any normal year I would sleep 'not in my bed' somewhere around 80-100 nights (business & leisure) . The last time was an overnight stay in Darling Harbour in Jan '20!  

We have spent our holiday money on renovations to our home, still on-going.

Next week we are venturing out to Batemans Bay for 4N, and plan to do a week at a time, every other month, at various locations around NSW. It is sort of an introduction for what we hope to do when I retire next year. Camping/caravanning is not an option, so it will be motels & holiday apartments for us. And hopefully one day, some cruises.

• Like 2

No cruises since May 2019, Noordam Sydney to Honolulu.  2 cancelled in November 2019 for early March/April 2020, Majestic Princess, Sydney to Singapore, week in Singapore then Arcadia - Singapore to Southampton then a month in UK. All cancelled due to wife's passing in May last year, not for covid, but the covid pandemic cancelled them anyway. No problems with travel insurance claims.

In the past 8 months I have had 7 little road trips within NSW, out west mainly, but also south and north. I try and do that monthly for a change of environment.

Would I do another cruise? Not sure, just about been everywhere, but if the itinerary and price was ok, perhaps, as long as I 'come back new.'

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

No cruises since May 2019, Noordam Sydney to Honolulu.  2 cancelled in November 2019 for early March/April 2020, Majestic Princess, Sydney to Singapore, week in Singapore then Arcadia - Singapore to Southampton then a month in UK. All cancelled due to wife's passing in May last year, not for covid, but the covid pandemic cancelled them anyway. No problems with travel insurance claims.

In the past 8 months I have had 7 little road trips within NSW, out west mainly, but also south and north. I try and do that monthly for a change of environment.

Would I do another cruise? Not sure, just about been everywhere, but if the itinerary and price was ok, perhaps, as long as I 'come back new.'

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

I would like to cruise again on a small ship or a ferry.  I think your little road trips within NSW are a great idea.  It is nice to have something different to look forward to.  I also have done enjoyable road trips within Qld.  LEI was a highlight!  Yesterday, I booked my first theatre/music tickets since Covid - Pub Choir and Eddie Perfect - Introspective - small steps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I would like to cruise again on a small ship or a ferry.  I think your little road trips within NSW are a great idea.  It is nice to have something different to look forward to.  I also have done enjoyable road trips within Qld.  LEI was a highlight!  Yesterday, I booked my first theatre/music tickets since Covid - Pub Choir and Eddie Perfect - Introspective - small steps!

If the borders stay open and when weather gets a bit milder up there, probably May or June, I think I will venture out and do a bigger road trip up to see my grandaughter at Caboolture and then on to Nerang/Currumbin and see my brother and sister. Like I was going to do at Christmas, but canned it because of crook arm and border closures. I will take probably 3 of weeks,  a few overnighters up and back.

Edited by NSWP