Cunard cancellations update 11th March

Stu UK

Yes, it's been posted on the "Cunard Announce ments" thread.  I got the email

The UK Government has recently confirmed that travel will be opened up for domestic holidays at first, and over time we’ll gradually see the return of international travel.

However, with international ports opening up later than hoped, unfortunately we will be extending our pause in operations.

Sailings on Queen Victoria are now cancelled for departures up to and including 27 August 2021.

With many of Queen Elizabeth’s UK summer itineraries also visiting international ports, and with cruises departing outside of the UK being unlikely for some time further, we are cancelling Queen Elizabeth’s summer Mediterranean fly-cruise season and all departures up to and including 11 October 2021.

For Queen Mary 2 there are a number of factors affecting her current programme and after careful consideration, we are cancelling all departures up to and including 12 November this year.

We know how much everyone is looking forward to longed-for holidays and so we are truly sorry that we have had to cancel your itinerary.

In terms of our return to sailing, with the lifting of restrictions for UK domestic holidays, we will imminently be announcing a series of new itineraries for UK residents looking for a staycation in Cunard luxury. These will be on board Queen Elizabeth, sailing from Southampton around the UK and will make the very most of the summer sunshine.

Just got an email from Cunard canceling our sailing

However, with international ports opening up later than hoped, unfortunately we will be extending our pause in operations.

Sailings on Queen Victoria are now canceled for departures up to and including August 27, 2021.

With many of Queen Elizabeth’s UK summer itineraries also visiting international ports, and with cruises departing outside of the UK being unlikely for some time further, we are canceling Queen Elizabeth’s summer Mediterranean fly-cruise season and all departures up to and including October 11, 2021.

For Queen Mary 2 there are a number of factors affecting her current programme and after careful consideration, we are canceling all departures up to and including November 12 this year.

Just got this from a respected Cunard TA that shares the latest news on my fb Cunard Groups...

I am sorry to now be able to share with you that Cunard have just announced their hopefully final pause in service. First, the bad news:
Sailings on Queen Victoria are now cancelled for all departures up to and including the 27th August 2021.
With many of Queen Elizabeth summer itineraries visiting international ports and with cruises departing outside of the UK being unlikely for some time further, they are also cancelling Queen Elizabeth’s summer Mediterranean fly cruise season and all departures up to and including 11th of October 2021.
For Queen Mary 2, there are a number of factors affecting her current programme and after careful consideration Cunard are cancelling all of her departures up to and including 12th November 2021.
Cunard will be emailing all affected guests shortly, with the choice of a 125% future cruise credit or a 100% refund.
The good news is that Cunard will be offering luxurious summer staycation cruises this summer on board the Queen Elizabeth. Sailings will be round-trip Southampton and will be in UK coastal waters, as well as voyages simply seeking out the best of the summer sunshine. I will ensure that XXX members alongside XXXX clients will be the first to know about these when they go on sale later this month. They are anticipated to sellout very quickly.

822153286_QueenElizabethDeparture26July.jpg.912c6f160e9bc1b13bbf48be88c3ef83.jpg

• Host Hattie changed the title to Cunard cancellations update 11th March
  • Host Hattie pinned this topic

Originally booked for September 2020 on QM2 TA. Rebooked for  12 September this year. Over the last few months it has looked unlikely that this would sail so at least it is good to have the confirmation in plenty of time. 

Now considering whether to book anything for the rest of this year.

So my 50th anniversary cruise to Norway from Hamburg is cancelled also. I was waiting for it but there was still hope until today. But I guess it will be better this way and hope and pray that we all will start into a better future next year.

It is the first time for me so sorry about asking but what will happen now. I will use the Future Cruise Credit for a cruise next year.

Cunard said that these credits will be booked to my World Club account in the next weeks. I have made two bookings (cabins) for my family and we all have 4 different World Club numbers now.

Where can I see or login to my account to see these credits in some weeks?

Thanks for your help!

Not a surprise, but I am hoping I might get on a UK round trip, but needs to match up with the time I have already booked in July. As July was plan B for May, I will have to see if there is a plan C.

The next questions is will my September trip on QV be cancelled.   

We were booked on QV for the Baltic in June-July, which we had originally booked for summer 2020. I was over 99% certain this was going to be cancelled, but hadn't completely given up until today.

The standard options are FCC or refund. We had used a Future Cruise Deposit booked onboard a couple of years ago, so it would be to our advantage to get that reinstated as opposed to the other possibilities (FCC of $750 doesn't go too far these days). Looks like I will get to spend a while on telephone hold to see if that can be made to happen.

At least I can spend the time cancelling all our related plans (hotel, plane, etc.) on-line while waiting.

19 minutes ago, babs135 said:

We booked our cruise through a travel agent so do I have to deal with them?  Not sure what we'll do.  DH is in favour of taking the refund but I'd like to book something for late next year .

Ask your TA to move everything to V224 ASAP,  before the price goes through the roof.  
Or if only 14 nights then V225 ASAP 

Prices will rocket again if they cancel September and October this year.

Just look at the current price for V124 because of L&S last year.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

23 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Ask your TA to move everything to V224 ASAP,  before the price goes through the roof.  
Or if only 14 nights then V225 ASAP 

Prices will rocket again if they cancel September and October this year.

Just look at the current price for V124 because of L&S last year.

Actually although DH still favours a refund I've managed to get his interest in the Queen Elizabeth cruise Barcelona to Sydney in October next year.  Travel agent is not showing a price yet and I believe that the price quoted on Cunard's website is cruise only.  Will wait a couple of days to see if prices appear and then I'll know what I'm working with. 😉

2 hours ago, Ray66 said:

For Queen Mary 2 there are a number of factors affecting her current programme and after careful consideration, we are cancelling all departures up to and including 12 November this year.

Could this mean that she will be dry-docked before re-entry to service?

Edited by FennoExpress
typo

This makes seven cancellations thus far (8, if you count these 2 one-way bookings separately) but this one is the first that has really affected me.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to take the RT crossings I've booked for May 2022.

My August 1 transatlantic, that I was much looking forward to, has been cancelled along with a host of other sailings.  Cunard announced the following:

Sailings on Queen Victoria are now canceled for departures up to and including August 27, 2021.

Canceling Queen Elizabeth’s all departures up to and including October 11, 2021.

For Queen Mary 2 we are canceling all departures up to and including November 12 this year.

1 hour ago, roadtripper said:

With the Nov 12 QM2 TA canceled, that doesn't bode well for the 12 night Caribbean, right? How likely is it that QM2 would sail to NY without passengers just to pick us up? So bummed right now...

The last cancelled QM2 departure on November 12, 2021 is from Hamburg to Southampton. The QM2 departure on November 14, 2021 from Southampton to New York has not been cancelled yet and is still available to book on the Cunard website. So there is still some hope that November 14 crossing and the subsequent November 21 Caribbean voyage might yet happen.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ExArkie said:

We were booked on QV for the Baltic in June-July, which we had originally booked for summer 2020. I was over 99% certain this was going to be cancelled, but hadn't completely given up until today.

The standard options are FCC or refund. We had used a Future Cruise Deposit booked onboard a couple of years ago, so it would be to our advantage to get that reinstated as opposed to the other possibilities (FCC of $750 doesn't go too far these days). Looks like I will get to spend a while on telephone hold to see if that can be made to happen.

At least I can spend the time cancelling all our related plans (hotel, plane, etc.) on-line while waiting.

A follow-up, in case anyone is interested...and who wouldn't be interested in everything I do? (Just a bit of sarcasm there):

I called Cunard this afternoon, sat on hold for about 35 minutes according to the clock on my phone, and talked with a representative about getting the FCD reinstated. She was successful in doing so, with a bit of effort, and was able to extend it for one year (expiration was December 2021, now it's December 2022). Start to finish - about 50 minutes to complete.