Ft Lauderdale Hotel Recommendations

ccothron

Sorry if this has been asked or in the incorrect spot.  

Looking for a recommendation on a hotel close to the port in Ft Lauderdale.  We have a big group going so will need multiple rooms.  

Thanks!!

"Best" is a very vague term...could you define it?

Reading down the board would be very helpful...there are dozens and dozens of threads on hotels. We like the Embassy Suites...its on 17th, in the heart of the "near port" area. There are a number of other hotels in that area as well, restaurants, stores, etc. It is a short distance from the port and airport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

We prefer Embassy suites on 17st about. 5 min drive from port. Staying there again in November.

It's looking tired....We now prefer Hyatt Place which sits just behind ES.

• Like 4

Hyatt Place off 17th Street. Next door to the Harbor Shopping Center with a Publix market, shops including Total Wine and restaurants our favorite Duffy's Sports bar..yummy food/drinks and large tables for groups.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

OP - if you haven't yet, take a look at other threads on this board since it is a common question.  There are hotel recommendations and other info in these threads that might be useful: 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale next year on the Allure for the EB TA and looking at the Embassy, Hotel Place or possibly the Hilton Marina. 

Hyatt Place :classic_wink:

Which ever you choose sign up for their membership...much better rates that way.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We did a post cruise stay there after our 1st TA but that was a few years ago, yet enjoyed our stay. 

Desert Cruizers a bit off topic but wondering about the street fair at the college in Palm Desert?

Hoping it will be back to normal in November...Even though we sold our condo there I still love to drive out for the day.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Desert Cruizers a bit off topic but wondering about the street fair at the college in Palm Desert?

Hoping it will be back to normal in November...Even though we sold our condo there I still love to drive out for the day.

Good morning, I didn't find an exact opening date but they are hoping this year sometime, The address is 43-500 Monterrey Ave. Palm Desert at the College of the Desert Campus. 

https://codaastreetfair.com/

Gay

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, Ashland said:

It's (Embassy Suites) looking tired....We now prefer Hyatt Place which sits just behind ES.

Those were my exact thoughts.

If I was flying in two days early I might stay at the Renaissance, but just overnight the Hyatt Place is just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Those were my exact thoughts.

If I was flying in two days early I might stay at the Renaissance, but just overnight the Hyatt Place is just fine.

Plans have changed slightly regarding the Hotel our Roll Call is looking at group rates for the Embassy and one of the ladies is in touch with the Hotel now getting the information. Had I not gone with the group rate I probably would have stayed with the Hyatt Place. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Good morning, I didn't find an exact opening date but they are hoping this year sometime, The address is 43-500 Monterrey Ave. Palm Desert at the College of the Desert Campus. 

https://codaastreetfair.com/

Gay

Hi Gay.....Yes we've been frequent shopper's at the street fair for many years and know the old layout and the new one and parking by heart. We sold our vacation/investment condo in Palm Desert a couple of years ago but still usually drove out when it opens in early November. Last time we were there was in Nov 2019 and didn't even try for 2020...so looking forward to going back this November. I'll keep an eye on their website. Thanks so much !!

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hi Gay.....Yes we've been frequent shopper's at the street fair for many years and know the old layout and the new one and parking by heart. We sold our vacation/investment condo in Palm Desert a couple of years ago but still usually drove out when it opens in early November. Last time we were there was in Nov 2019 and didn't even try for 2020...so looking forward to going back this November. I'll keep an eye on their website. Thanks so much !!

Your welcome, I am only 20 minutes from Palm Desert, perhaps when your down next we can meet & finally  go for lunch.

Gay

GLea472968 at aol dot com

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 8:23 AM, capriccio said:

OP - if you haven't yet, take a look at other threads on this board since it is a common question.  There are hotel recommendations and other info in these threads that might be useful: 

No problem with transportation. FLL to Port Everglades is about 15 minutes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, George C said:

We prefer Embassy suites on 17st about. 5 min drive from port. Staying there again in November.

I booked here for October 10 and 11. Free cancellation, no prepayment, free breakfast and airport shuttle. Hotel is close to port and has great reviews.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wink87 said:

I booked here for October 10 and 11. Free cancellation, no prepayment, free breakfast and airport shuttle. Hotel is close to port and has great reviews.

ES...some very recent reviews suggest otherwise.