Cruises Restarting for Vaccinated Only, Will You Go...?

NavyCruiser

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I am opposed to forced vaccinations.  These vaccines were brought out too fast and these are massive trials.  I do not even know what is in them.  Most people I know who have gotten the Moderna vaccine have gotten quite sick after the second shot.

I am confused. Forced Vaccinations?  No one is forcing anyone to get a vaccination. Just as an FYI the below excerpt is from a good friend who is in her early 40's and was as healthy as a horse. She was released from the hospital last week after spending 6 days in the hospital due to Covid. Did the people you know who received the Moderna vaccine get this sick?
image.png.2644c45c32d145d53abc7c51af822c75.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Laminator said:

I am confused. Forced Vaccinations?  No one is forcing anyone to get a vaccination. Just as an FYI the below excerpt is from a good friend who is in her early 40's and was as healthy as a horse. She was released from the hospital last week after spending 6 days in the hospital due to Covid. Did the people you know who received the Moderna vaccine get this sick?
image.png.2644c45c32d145d53abc7c51af822c75.png

🌺Thank you so much Laminator!!

I am so surprised by the comment from Father!! I am a retired DDS that has given so much of my volunteer time to help out with Moderna vaccine to hundreds of people in San Diego as well as I gave my husband his! I also say there is NO forced vaccines given! I also had side effects from Moderna but that is common and shows a sign of the antibodies working for you. 
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE  ON THE VACCINE. You do have a choice of not taking it BUT know it is not a forced vaccination!

With flu vaccines people will have side effects either a sore arm or feeling under the weather, but know that it is a sign of your antibodies building up

Denise😊

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Forgot to add a word
  • Like 11

DeeniEncinitas please correct your statement above!  You mean Do NOT hesitate, correct?

"PLEASE DO HESITATE  ON THE VACCINE. You do have a choice of not taking it BUT know it is not a forced vaccination!"

Thanks,

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
add
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I am opposed to forced vaccinations.  These vaccines were brought out too fast and these are massive trials.  I do not even know what is in them.  Most people I know who have gotten the Moderna vaccine have gotten quite sick after the second shot.

🌺Father you know me and here is what you need to know!! I read all of this prior to starting to give vaccinations a couple of months ago!

This should let you know what is in this great vaccine.

🌺EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) OF
THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) IN INDIVIDUALS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
You are being offered the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by SARS-CoV-2. This Fact Sheet contains information to help you understand the risks and benefits of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, which you may receive because there is currently a pandemic of COVID-19.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19. There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
Read this Fact Sheet for information about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Talk to the vaccination provider if you have questions. It is your choice to receive the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is administered as a 2-dose series, 1 month apart, into the muscle.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine may not protect everyone.
This Fact Sheet may have been updated. For the most recent Fact Sheet, please visit
www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GET THIS VACCINE
WHAT IS COVID-19?
COVID-19 is caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2. This type of coronavirus has not been seen before. You can get COVID-19 through contact with another person who has the virus. It is predominantly a respiratory illness that can affect other organs. People with COVID- 19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported, ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Symptoms may include: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea.
WHAT IS THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
The FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 18 years of age and older under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
For more information on EUA, see the “What is an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)?” section at the end of this Fact Sheet.
Revised: 12/2020 1

WHAT SHOULD YOU MENTION TO YOUR VACCINATION PROVIDER BEFORE YOU GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
Tell your vaccination provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
• have any allergies
• have a fever
• have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner
• are immunocompromised or are on a medicine that affects your immune system • are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
• are breastfeeding
• have received another COVID-19 vaccine
WHO SHOULD GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine in individuals 18 years of age and older.
WHO SHOULD NOT GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
You should not get the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine if you:
• had a severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of this vaccine
• had a severe allergic reaction to any ingredient of this vaccine
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.
HOW IS THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE GIVEN?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine will be given to you as an injection into the muscle.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine vaccination series is 2 doses given 1 month apart.
If you receive one dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, you should receive a second dose of the same vaccine 1 month later to complete the vaccination series.
HAS THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE BEEN USED BEFORE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine. In clinical trials, approximately 15,400 individuals 18 years of age and older have received at least 1 dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
In an ongoing clinical trial, the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine has been shown to prevent COVID-19 following 2 doses given 1 month apart. The duration of protection against COVID-19 is currently unknown.
 Revised: 12/2020 2

WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
Side effects that have been reported with the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine include:
• Injection site reactions: pain, tenderness and swelling of the lymph nodes in the same arm of the injection, swelling (hardness), and redness
• General side effects: fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, chills, nausea and vomiting, andfever
There is a remote chance that the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine could cause a severe allergic reaction. A severe allergic reaction would usually occur within a few minutes to one hour after getting a dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. For this reason, your vaccination provider may ask you to stay at the place where you received your vaccine for monitoring after vaccination. Signs of a severe allergic reaction can include:
• Difficulty breathing
• Swelling of your face and throat
• A fast heartbeat
• A bad rash all over your body
• Dizziness and weakness
These may not be all the possible side effects of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Serious and unexpected side effects may occur. The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is still being studied in clinical trials.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS?
If you experience a severe allergic reaction, call 9-1-1, or go to the nearest hospital.
Call the vaccination provider or your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
Report vaccine side effects to FDA/CDC Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The VAERS toll-free number is 1-800-822-7967 or report online to https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html. Please include “Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EUA” in the first line of box #18 of the report form.
In addition, you can report side effects to ModernaTX, Inc. at 1-866-MODERNA (1-866-663- 3762).
You may also be given an option to enroll in v-safe. V-safe is a new voluntary smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to check in with people who have been vaccinated to identify potential side effects after COVID-19 vaccination. V-safe asks questions that help CDC monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines. V-s afe also provides second-dose reminders if needed and live telephone follow-up by CDC if participants report a significant health impact following COVID-19 vaccination. For more information on how to sign up, visit: www.cdc.gov/vsafe.
 Revised: 12/2020 3

WHAT IF I DECIDE NOT TO GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
It is your choice to receive or not receive the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Should you decide not to receive it, it will not change your standard medical care.
ARE OTHER CHOICES AVAILABLE FOR PREVENTING COVID-19 BESIDES MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
Currently, there is no FDA-approved alternative vaccine available for prevention of COVID-19. Other vaccines to prevent COVID-19 may be available under Emergency Use Authorization.
CAN I RECEIVE THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE WITH OTHER VACCINES?
There is no information on the use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine with other vaccines.
WHAT IF I AM PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, discuss your options with your healthcare provider.
WILL THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE GIVE ME COVID-19?
No. The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine does not contain SARS-CoV-2 and cannot give you COVID-19.
KEEP YOUR VACCINATION CARD
When you receive your first dose, you will get a vaccination card to show you when to return for your second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Remember to bring your card when you return.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you have questions, visit the website or call the telephone number provided below. To access the most recent Fact Sheets, please scan the QR code provided below.
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine website Telephone number
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
• Ask the vaccination provider
• Visit CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• Visit FDA at https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-
r e g u la t o r y - a n d - p o l i c y - f r a m e w o r k / e m e r g e n c y - u s e - a u t h o r i z a t io n
• Contact your state or local public health department
  www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua
     1-866-MODERNA (1-866-663-3762)
       Revised: 12/2020 4

WHERE WILL MY VACCINATION INFORMATION BE RECORDED?
The vaccination provider may include your vaccination information in your state/local jurisdiction’s Immunization Information System (IIS) or other designated system. This will ensure that you receive the same vaccine when you return for the second dose. For more information about IISs, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/about.html.
WHAT IS THE COUNTERMEASURES INJURY COMPENSATION PROGRAM?
The Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP) is a federal program that may help pay for costs of medical care and other specific expenses of certain people who have been seriously injured by certain medicines or vaccines, including this vaccine. Generally, a claim must be submitted to the CICP within one (1) year from the date of receiving the vaccine. To learn more about this program, visit www.hrsa.gov/cicp/ or call 1-855-266-2427.
WHAT IS AN EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA)?
The United States FDA has made the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine available under an emergency access mechanism called an EUA. The EUA is supported by a Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) declaration that circumstances exist to justify the emergency use of drugs and biological products during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine has not undergone the same type of review as an FDA- approved or cleared product. FDA may issue an EUA when certain criteria are met, which includes that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives. In addition, the FDA decision is based on the totality of the scientific evidence available showing that the product may be effective to prevent COVID-19 during the COVID-19 pandemic and that the known and potential benefits of the product outweigh the known and potential risks of the product. All of these criteria must be met to allow for the product to be used during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The EUA for the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is in effect for the duration of the COVID-19 EUA declaration justifying emergency use of these products, unless terminated or revoked (after which the products may no longer be used).
©2020 ModernaTX, Inc. All rights reserved. Patent(s): www.modernatx.com/patents Revised: 12/2020

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Thank you so much Laminator!!

I am so surprised by the comment from Father!! I am a retired DDS that has given so much of my volunteer time to help out with Moderna vaccine to hundreds of people in San Diego as well as I gave my husband his! I also say there is NO forced vaccines given! I also had side effects from Moderna but that is common and shows a sign of the antibodies working for you. 
PLEASE DO HESITATE  ON THE VACCINE. You do have a choice of not taking it BUT know it is not a forced vaccination!

With flu vaccines people will have side effects either a sore arm or feeling under the weather, but know that it is a sign of your antibodies building up

Denise😊

Thank You so much for helping out. It is greatly appreciated. I was VERY lucky. My wife is a pharmacist. She was on the initial list to receive the vaccine. Through her pharmacy journals we knew very early on that there were issues with left over doses at the end of the day. She took the last appt time of the day and asked if there were any leftover doses. There were so I got one. Kudos to all of the healthcare workers assisting with the vaccine process. Our site used local paramedics to administer the shot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, oakridger said:

DeeniEncinitas please correct your statement above!  You mean Do NOT hesitate, correct?

"PLEASE DO HESITATE  ON THE VACCINE. You do have a choice of not taking it BUT know it is not a forced vaccination!"

Thanks,

~Nancy

OMGOSH thank you! I corrected it!

Denise😊

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Spelling
  • Like 1

Can we please remember that vaccine hesitancy in many is not something that should upset us? It's just human. Most vaccine hesitant folks just want more proof of efficacy and safety and that is not bad. I can understand that. Let's not "other" people here. 

• Like 7

Got both Moderna shots but remember, the vaccine is not a guarantee COVID will not be spread (or caught) so the precautions (distance, hand washing, sanitizing, and mask) may be here forever. (just like it was in some Asian countries pre pandemic). I would much rather see this than having passengers standing over top of me, breathing/coughing on my neck, not washing their hands (even after using restroom), pushing to get off/on ship, taking bites of food or handling and putting plates back on display and every other inconsiderate act that has gone on ships over the years as the industry grew out of control. Don't want those "normals" back in cruising. But finding a way to explore without corralled excursions would be key as my interests in some Countries may not follow ship designed tour. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Can we please remember that vaccine hesitancy in many is not something that should upset us? It's just human. Most vaccine hesitant folks just want more proof of efficacy and safety and that is not bad. I can understand that. Let's not "other" people here. 

Indeed.  I'm choosing to not vaccinate at this time because I'm doing the research and asking questions.  If I'm comfortable after researching and speaking with my Doctor, maybe I'll do it.  But I'm not going to do it because it's trendy and people who are biased are telling me what to do.  Apparently this critical thinking is cause for admonishment these days.  I'd happily go on a cruise today if I could, and would take precautions like I always did... yes, without a vaccine.  

• Like 3

not getting vaccinated at this time -  I will to get on a ship!!!!    no one forcing me -   won't be surprised if 'they' tell the vaccinated they have to revaccinate in 6 mos.    For now I'll pass

19 hours ago, Himself said:

I have not heard anyone support "forced vaccinations" and agree with you about the issue.  That being said. requiring vaccination for certain activities (such as cruising, flying. entering a country, etc) is not forced vaccinations.  You still have your freedom to refuse to get vaccinated.   But actions or lack thereof can come with consequences.   Even before COVID there were quite a few countries that required vaccinations (such as Yellow Fever) as a condition of entry.  Many years ago we were on a 3 continent Grand Princess cruise which was supposed to stop at Devils Island (the port was missed due to heavy seas) and later cross the Atlantic to Dekar, Senagal.  In order to take that cruise every passenger had to have a current Yellow Fever vaccination certificate because it was a requirement of Senegal.  I have little doubt that many countries are going to require a COVID vaccination as a requirement of entry (some might allow you to quarantine for 14 days in lieu of a vaccination).

Hank

• Like 6

You have a choice if getting the vaccine or not.  If you do not, you cannot complain if denied boarding for a cruise.  You have already done so much complaining about not being able to cruise, so choose carefully.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Forced vaccinations???  Where we live people sign up for the jab.   Have yet to hear of anyone being 'forced' to take a vaccination.  This is pure nonsense. If anything, there are currently more arms waitingt for the jab than there are available vaccines.

I am not able to judge whether the vaccines have had a rigorous testing.  Because of my lack of knowledge or understanding I am forced to rely on those health professionals, scientists, and agencies who believe that they are safe and effective.  Just like 99.9 percent of the rest of the population.

I could not tell you what is in the past vaccines that I have had...nor do I care.  I only care that they are safe and effective as determined by health professionals and by historical use. And recommended by my physician.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, akke29 said:

But I'm not going to do it because it's trendy and people who are biased are telling me what to do.  

Trendy?  Covid isn't a fad.  I got vaccinated because I know hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid rise with age.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Roz said:

Trendy?  Covid isn't a fad.  I got vaccinated because I know hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid rise with age.

Who said Covid was a fad?  Don't quote my words and then take me out of context.  Do you honestly think everyone clamoring for the vaccine has asked questions, done research and their due diligence?  Or are they getting the vaccine because of social pressures and the government, friends, companies, etc. are telling them to do so?  That's all I'm saying.  Indeed deaths increase with age and co-morbidities.  But for the vast majority, Covid is not a death sentence.  I know, I had it.  

For those choosing to not get vaccinated, that is their prerogative.  Just like those choosing to get the jabs.  Let's just hope people are making informed decisions.  I do think it's unfortunate that those who choose to make the decision to not vaccinate, as they do for flu etc. will be excluded from normal activities.

And to compare to yellow fever, polio, MMR etc... those are WELL established vaccines that have indeed helped society over many years.  Generations in fact.  Forgive those of us who are skeptical on a vaccine developed under emergency authorities in record time, for a virus that the vast majority survive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You're the one who used the word trendy, not me.

I did my research, and the statistics say someone my age faces a greater chance of complications, hospitalization, and death if they contract Covid.

I've also read articles and watched TV programs on the development of the vaccines, and how the use of gene sequencing was instrumental in getting the vaccines out so quickly.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Roz said:

You're the one who used the word trendy, not me.

I did my research, and the statistics say someone my age faces a greater chance of complications, hospitalization, and death if they contract Covid.

I've also read articles and watched TV programs on the development of the vaccines, and how the use of gene sequencing was instrumental in getting the vaccines out so quickly.  

Indeed I said trendy and have explained what I meant.  YOU partially quoted me, changed the context and then suggested I called Covid a fad, those are two very different things.  

Glad you did your research and made an informed decision to vaccinate.  I respect your decision, perhaps you should respect mine and those of the other people choosing to not vaccinate.  

Edited by akke29
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, akke29 said:

Do you honestly think everyone clamoring for the vaccine has asked questions, done research and their due diligence? 

Speaking for us only, yes we have done our research and due diligence.  We will get vaccinated as soon as it is available.

• Like 5

This is really easy.  If you want the vaccine, then do it.  Get the jab.

If not, simply do not.  

I do not understand why all the  discussion or the acrimony.   It is a personal decision.  Just make it and get on with life.  And accept the consequences. 

But don't spread false, silly, or wildly unsubstantiated information about either choice.

• Like 9

I see 3 problems with the idea of requiring a vaccination to cruise.

Just to clarify I am getting the vaccine. HAd the first dose already. 

The first problem is what is "proof?" I received a Covid CArd from the pharmacy where I received the first dose. The pharmacist hand wrote in the dose, Lot #  , and date. With digital technology today, anyone could reproduce a blank card and fill it in. Not much to it. And don't put it past people.

The second problem, and probably the most important one as far as HAL is concerned, what if the competition does NOT require proof to cruise? How many younger cruises will HAL lose to the competition? After having these ships idle for a year, you can bet HAL and others want to  fill these ships ASAP. The bottom line is their profit margin and for HAL to have such a requirement may hurt their bottom line if some cruisers go to the competition. If they do not require proof, they would not lose many of you because you all have already been vaccinated. 

A third problem is say you book a cruise based on its itinerary. Months from now when you cruise, half the ports you were hoping to visit are closed. Those countries have a huge increase in the variant strains of the virus and out of 10 ports you were hoping to visit; you visit only 5 and the other days are spent at sea. Not bad because at least you are cruising. All I am saying is be ready for a LOT of flexibility in what future cruising looks like.

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

The second problem, and probably the most important one as far as HAL is concerned, what if the competition does NOT require proof to cruise? How many younger cruises will HAL lose to the competition? After having these ships idle for a year, you can bet HAL and others want to  fill these ships ASAP. The bottom line is their profit margin and for HAL to have such a requirement may hurt their bottom line if some cruisers go to the competition. If they do not require proof, they would not lose many of you because you all have already been vaccinated.

Or it could go the other way. The cruise lines that allow the unvaccinated could lose passengers to the cruise lines that require vaccinations. Reading these boards, you will see many, many who will not cruise unless everyone onboard is vaccinated.

• Like 8