Cruises Restarting for Vaccinated Only, Will You Go...?

NavyCruiser

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Or it could go the other way. The cruise lines that allow the unvaccinated could lose passengers to the cruise lines that require vaccinations. Reading these boards, you will see many, many who will not cruise unless everyone onboard is vaccinated.

Agree.  And, one very big risk the cruise lines face is an outbreak.  I can’t fathom them not wanting to take every single precaution to prevent it let alone it being insisted on by many countries.  JMO.

• Like 7

Coming from a medical background I can not understand why anyone would not want the advantage of being vaccinated. I will not cruise if vaccinations are not required. Vaccinations are not "forced".  You have a choice and so do the cruiselines and ports of arival in regards to allowing you entry.  I have been vaccinated as a respect for all people, countries and businesses involved. The more people who are vaccinated the faster the world will heal. Just my two cents to the question posed.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

Although I posed this "hypothetical question" initially, but looks like it's getting closer to reality:

Virgin Voyages To Require COVID-19 Vaccines When Cruises Restart

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5959/

Crystal also.  It will take a while for it to spread to all cruise lines.  Crystal is the only one (I think) of the luxury lines with a kids club and there are some people disappointed because they won't be able to take the grandkids on their holiday cruise.  I can't see Royal, NCL, or Carnival taking such a position.  I wonder how HAL will fit into that scheme.

Roy

• Like 6

Given a cruise I was interested in, I’d go in a heartbeat. Of course I am signed up for a December cruise even without a vaccination requirement, and it looks like I will be able to take a previously arranged July trip to Iceland now because I am vaccinated. So I am obviously pretty bold. And obviously vaccinated! 🙂

Edited by Mike B Landlubber
  • Like 1

We will cruise when we are vaccinated & every one  on any ship is also vaccinated . however ,we would not cruise if masks  & ship only tours were required . Additionally , how  does the cruise lines handle children who have yet to be vaccinated  ?

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

If the cruise lines restrict non vaccinated children  ,they would default on attracting   families  . With that said my question is would the cruise lines try to sail  with out families who have young i=un vaccinated children 

Several times I have seen the mention of fraudulent vaccine records. How is this any different than prior vaccine records? Were they not able to be forged? On sailings that required Yellow Fever vaccines was there an issue with people using fake records?

9 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Very interesting Ny Times report . This certainly places a  light on where cruises may be able to d=sau un the near   future   with all those countries not getting vaccines 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Several times I have seen the mention of fraudulent vaccine records. How is this any different than prior vaccine records? Were they not able to be forged? On sailings that required Yellow Fever vaccines was there an issue with people using fake records?

I agree, I think it’s a bit of a red herring.  Will some idiot use a fake vaccine record, of course.  I just think it will be a teeny number.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

While I somewhat agree with what kirk says above, the volume of cruise passengers requiring yellow fever vaccines was much lower and also was likely to include more experienced travelers.

Requiring vaccination of everyone on any cruise, even those used to embarking for a 5- or 7-day Caribbean cruise without even a passport, might up the numbers of those tempted to present a fake or falsified record.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Given I live in a country (Netherlands) that is depicted in this article as being poor and not able to vaccinate all people in 2021, I would take the rest of the info with a shovel of salt.

We are neither poor, nor unable to vaccinate everybody this year.

The only restriction on vaccination is the amount delivered, but we expect to finish vaccinating by summer or early autumn.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, jakkojakko said:

Given I live in a country (Netherlands) that is depicted in this article as being poor and not able to vaccinate all people in 2021, I would take the rest of the info with a shovel of salt.

We are neither poor, nor unable to vaccinate everybody this year.

The only restriction on vaccination is the amount delivered, but we expect to finish vaccinating by summer or early autumn.

Good to hear that your country is doing well with vaccinations. We have been there twice by land, once in the winter and once in the summer. We  thoroughly enjoyed ourselves both times. We were once supposed to take a river cruise roundtrip from Amsterdam, but it was chartered out from under us. In fact that was when we ended up going to Amsterdam by land instead.

DW is part Dutch on her mother's side. Her family were very early immigrants to the then colonies.

BTW, the idiom in English is generally "grain" of salt.

Based on the cruises going so far - Celebrity, RC & Crystal - vaccinations are going to be a requirement (unless you are 18 or under, right now - I suspect that too will change as vaccines are deemed safe / developed for young people).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

At least for Crystal, no exception for under 18.

Roy

Good for them.  I don’t think Crystal has as many young people or children as Celebrity or Royal Caribbean 😉 

Frankly, with the new variants, I wonder if it is a mistake to risk having young adults on board since they are being affected, but what do I know 😂 

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Good to hear that your country is doing well with vaccinations. We have been there twice by land, once in the winter and once in the summer. We  thoroughly enjoyed ourselves both times. We were once supposed to take a river cruise roundtrip from Amsterdam, but it was chartered out from under us. In fact that was when we ended up going to Amsterdam by land instead.

DW is part Dutch on her mother's side. Her family were very early immigrants to the then colonies.

BTW, the idiom in English is generally "grain" of salt.

😀😀yes I am familiar witn the grain of salt expression. The shovel was on purpose to exaggerate the inaccurate article.😉

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, jakkojakko said:

😀😀yes I am familiar witn the grain of salt expression. The shovel was on purpose to exaggerate the inaccurate article.😉

OK, I just was not sure that a foreign language speaker was familiar with that idiom. I apologize for not realizing you knew.

• Like 2