Is Celebrity yanking my chain

wesport

We have made final on the 6/13/21 7 night on the Equinox in and out of Fort Lauderdale. Check-in opened up with check in time of 3:00 to 3:30. Along with Express pass. Is this normal for a cruise that might be cancelled. It was fun to finally check in. 

5 minutes ago, wesport said:

We have made final on the 6/13/21 7 night on the Equinox in and out of Fort Lauderdale. Check-in opened up with check in time of 3:00 to 3:30. Along with Express pass. Is this normal for a cruise that might be cancelled. It was fun to finally check in. 

Since you live in Fort Lauderdale just show up that day.  See what happens!😀

22 minutes ago, wesport said:

Don't forget to make your dinner reservations.  I have my select dining reserved through the end of 2022.

1 hour ago, wesport said:

Hi we are on that cruise as well, 6/13 is our 40th wedding anniversary- we will be the silly happy people with the champagne. Not a chance that it’s sailing, but checking in might be fun. See you onboard (not).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wesport said:

Yes, it's normal even for a cruise that might get cancelled.  We've checked in for more than 10 that were subsequently cancelled so it means nothing...unfortunately 🙁

8 hours ago, wesport said:

It is a very very long chain!

For your sake I hope not, but NCL cancelled through June 30 today, so that will probably start a chain - of cancellations, that is. 😪

"The suspension now includes all voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises embarking through June 30, 2021. The company will continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail Panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited," the company said, in a statement.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24567-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-cancels-june-sailings.html

Just to let you know, yesterday, the 15th,  was final payment for my June 13th.  I wasn't willing to throw more cash into the game.  Other cruise lines may all follow suit, or even push back longer.   Like dragon said,  financially able, take a chance.  May end up with extra fcc on top of it all...

We are supposed to be sailing on the Infinity from Venice the same day and noticed that check in was available. Guess that means that final payment was due. We were supposed go to Bermuda last summer but when that was cancelled we took the FCC and then booked this one. It more than covered the new cruise so we didn’t have a final payment. We are doubtful it will sail, but also doubtful that we will be able to get into Europe. Just waiting to see what will happen. 

In defense of the cruise line (and I have done my share of complaining about some of how they have handled this for sure!), at this point it is very , very difficult to predict when they will actually start up again.  The US is trending in a very positive direction overall, and vaccinations, while slower than we all would like, are also speeding up. But there are variants out there and no one really knows how that will impact the positive direction.   I suspect they are really going back and forth corporately on what to cancel flat out, and what to try to aim for as regards starting again.  I would not want to be a cruise line CEO right now!

I definitely feel your pain - I have honestly lost count of how many of my cruises have been cancelled (I think the correct number is 7 as I write this).  

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

In defense of the cruise line (and I have done my share of complaining about some of how they have handled this for sure!), at this point it is very , very difficult to predict when they will actually start up again.  The US is trending in a very positive direction overall, and vaccinations, while slower than we all would like, are also speeding up. But there are variants out there and no one really knows how that will impact the positive direction.   I suspect they are really going back and forth corporately on what to cancel flat out, and what to try to aim for as regards starting again.  I would not want to be a cruise line CEO right now!

I definitely feel your pain - I have honestly lost count of how many of my cruises have been cancelled (I think the correct number is 7 as I write this).  

I do agree it must be difficult for the cruise lines, but.....over the last 6-12 months, it has been evident cruises aren't happening ....still, they waited until after final payment to cancel.

With so much uncertainty, why aren't they moving final payment dates to 30d prior instead of 90d?

• Like 2