Your Favorite Cruise Memory

Aloha 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I could go on, but this is enough.

1 hour ago, Roccaforte said:

Too many moments to love.  

I have to agree with the above, there are so many wonderful memories, but our top ones would be 

1. Dinner on the back deck at Terrace after leaving Kotor and doing the sail out on a beautiful summer evening. 

2. Beating Jan & Stu's team at trivia. (well I'm pretty sure it happened at least once.)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ORV said:

I have to agree with the above, there are so many wonderful memories, but our top ones would be 

1. Dinner on the back deck at Terrace after leaving Kotor and doing the sail out on a beautiful summer evening. 

2. Beating Jan & Stu's team at trivia. (well I'm pretty sure it happened at least once.)

I’ve heard how lovely sailing into Kotor is. We did it in late October and it didn’t really get light until just before we arrived and was pitch dark when we sailed out. 😢

1 hour ago, clo said:

Is that your family?

That's a lot of people's family, or friends. But no, I don't have family on CC, I'm afraid no one would claim me. Then again I seem to get lucky and get on trivia teams where there are people much smarter than me, and we tend to win quite a bit. Team trivia is one of the things that I really like about Oceania, as the CDs take it seriously. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

That's a lot of people's family, or friends. But no, I don't have family on CC, I'm afraid no one would claim me. Then again I seem to get lucky and get on trivia teams where there are people much smarter than me, and we tend to win quite a bit. Team trivia is one of the things that I really like about Oceania, as the CDs take it seriously. 

You are too modest  😉

13 minutes ago, ORV said:

I was referring to "Jan and Stu's team." No idea who that is.

46 minutes ago, clo said:

I was referring to "Jan and Stu's team." No idea who that is.

A very often contributor to CC with a depth of inside knowledge of Oceania and an amazing trivia player and her husband but who they are doesn't really matter for the context of the memory!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

For now, booking our first cruise with Oceania, after a few cruises on Celebrity.  No issues with Celebrity, just wanting to try something more upscale.  Really liking what we are seeing.

1 hour ago, CCBB said:

Our original 14 day cruise was moved to a 25 day cruise, and we were upgraded from an inside cabin to a concierge balcony cabin 😁

for no extra charge??

Before the nice dock was built in Vaitape in Bora Bora there was a small 20 x 20 foot landing. We were standing and mingling with co-cruisers, waiting for a tender when a gust of wind blew my husband's hat off his head. He struggled in the air to grab it, went a little too far, then right over the edge and into the drink.

The crowd cheered as he hoisted himself back up on the dock. Fortunately it was Tahiti and not Venice.

• Haha 1

After numerous cruises with Oceania my favourite itinerary is still Hong Kong to Athens in 2009. When returning from every port excursion many of the crew lined up on the dock to welcome us back as the band played on the deck. Magical memories! 

• Like 1

We were dining at Silk Road on the Crystal Serenity.  I had to make a stop so my wife arrived at the Maitre’d desk alone, requesting a table for two.  She was speechless when asked “Where is your husband?  Out parking the car?”

Port memories include sailing into St. Thomas, Valetta, Istanbul and New York.

• Haha 2

We have not cruised on Oceania but have now cancelled THREE cruises on this line that we are So anxious to try!  We now have two more booked and are working on more......

But our best memory would probably be sailing out of Tortolla after having visited Jost Van Dyke once again.....which is one of our favorite places in the world.  This last trip in 2019 was especially meaningful as we sailed out to sea....as I had been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer the previous year.  But after LOTS of chemo, immunotherapy and surgery to remove most of one lung.....here wer were once again!  Ang this time?  My current diagnosis was "NED" which stands for "no evidence of disease!"  I truly beat the odds.....and it was such a treat to be able to enjoy our favorite Caribbean beaches once more!  

Only hoping that my luck and the good graces of the man upstairs.....allows me to continue our pursuits of travel!

I am truly blessed.....but also would have to admit to just a "bit" of anger over having spent the past year sitting in my house!.......But hoping that things open up soon....AND that my current cancer status remains!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

We can share a few precious memories:

Sailing out of New York past the Statue of Liberty around sunset and years later sailing into NYC and seeing Lady Liberty near sunrise.

Sailing under the Bridge and into Sydney Harbor at sunrise with the lights of the Opera House glistening a few hundred feet away.

Sailing from Rio de Janeiro near sunset and viewing Christ the Redeemer with his outstretched arms.in the glimmering sunshine.

Celebrating our 50th Anniversary with friends in Prive 

It really does not get much better than to be blessed to share fantastic memories with the one you love and with great friends! and our Oceania family!

Bonnie and Gerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1